Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By r0v3rT3N
  • 1 Post By RECOOL
  • 2 Post By peter9477
  • 2 Post By aragone79
  • 1 Post By Andrew4life
  • 1 Post By JR A
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,848 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The Output of a Storymaker Video

Looks nice!
    Source: N4BB
    Check out my app: CChecker
    aragone79 likes this.

Global Posts
    24,247 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

pretty cool...good to see RIM get some great editing tools finally
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: The Output of a Storymaker Video

Hehehe, so, who said that this app is not the die hard, stunning, and absolutely the one and only default app that ever exist for smartphone nowadays.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

It was pretty good I dont do video editing but its pretty cool.Im sure I will come to use it some time.I do have comical footage of some friends waiting for certain triggers for me to release footage to the world a lil editing would'nt hurt.

That was just picture stills not much video footage so excellentleak tease Jaycut could do much more that what was shown in that video.RIM must really have awesome stuff they are still hiding at launch if they are leaking no teasing us with stuff like this.No one leaks to this level this is ridiculous must have some cool stuff that makes this look minor.

One big thing not noted the picture quality is top notch if that was taken from the Z great work.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 12-24-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    zyben likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

RECOOL, there was at least one snippet of video in the middle of that, at 1:38 or so.

It looks pretty nice, but I can see it's going to unleash a bunch of crappy amateur video editors who will overuse the Ken Burns effect massively, and mash together double and triple panels of still images.

Not that I'm complaining... I'd probably kill to have a phone that lets me overuse the Ken Burns effect and mash images together in triple panels, though, fortunately, I won't have to (kill, that is)!

(Oh, and to the haters who at this moment feel compelled to write "But you could already do that on an iPhone/Galaxy/whatever!" I say only: Duh. Now go away like a nice lad.)
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    Thanked by:
    RECOOL (12-24-2012) 
    Thunderbuck and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm not an expert in photography by any means, but I doubt that it was the Z10. If it was, then I think you can safely say that it has the best camera of any phone on the market. You can see that some of the images have a relatively shallow depth of field -- in other words some areas of some pictures are out of focus while other areas are in focus. From what I understand, that really isn't achievable with any phone camera in existence except maybe when objects in the picture are very close to the lens (within inches). Hopefully someone with a little more photography knowledge could confirm that, but I think its basically true.
    But if the pictures were taken with the z10 then we definitely have a winner on our hands.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    RECOOL, there was at least one snippet of video in the middle of that, at 1:38 or so.

It looks pretty nice, but I can see it's going to unleash a bunch of crappy amateur video editors who will overuse the Ken Burns effect massively, and mash together double and triple panels of still images.

Not that I'm complaining... I'd probably kill to have a phone that lets me overuse the Ken Burns effect and mash images together in triple panels, though, fortunately, I won't have to (kill, that is)!

(Oh, and to the haters who at this moment feel compelled to write "But you could already do that on an iPhone/Galaxy/whatever!" I say only: Duh. Now go away like a nice lad.)
    Yeah just caught that that lil video listening to TIP's new album so attention was a little gone.But yeah its not bad Jaycuts could do more than just that video.Does'nt matter about amateur videos it just makes for fun video editing and sharing on funny events.I got footage of my boys doing some pretty funny stuff when we retell storys people always say I cant picture it now we can have a little fun with editing send the proof via bbm or whatever.So amateur is alright.

Haha forget those piracy and orange fans Im sure they will come in do their usual denial and PR work.Those phones invented everything.I dont think they have video editor out the box cant see anything about it.All I see is sg3 users need to get an app for editing in the store and its not great.

It says a story from bb10 so its definetly the Z phone.There's a dev that has talked about taking pics and aperture in the dev section.Also you get a pic of the camping then the video defo from the Z would be pointless to tease us with this and say bb10 story and its not taken from the phone.I think that was the camera.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 12-24-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by randmcnally View Post
    I'm not an expert in photography by any means, but I doubt that it was the Z10. If it was, then I think you can safely say that it has the best camera of any phone on the market. You can see that some of the images have a relatively shallow depth of field -- in other words some areas of some pictures are out of focus while other areas are in focus. From what I understand, that really isn't achievable with any phone camera in existence except maybe when objects in the picture are very close to the lens (within inches). Hopefully someone with a little more photography knowledge could confirm that, but I think its basically true.
    But if the pictures were taken with the z10 then we definitely have a winner on our hands.
    It's not about the pictures but how to make those into a single video file which seems to be made by expert instead of using an app from a smartphone. In this case Blackberry 10 OS.

That's the main point of this thread.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe

peter9477 and Dapper37 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randmcnally View Post
    The pictures like you mentioned are likely to have been taken by another camera, loaded onto the BB10 and then used the Storymaker app to create the video.
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    The pictures like you mentioned are likely to have been taken by another camera, loaded onto the BB10 and then used the Storymaker app to create the video.
    Sorry, I meant that to be a reply to RECOOL who was wondering if the pictures were taken with the phone. But I agree that the pictures were probably taken with a separate camera.
    CrackBerry Genius

Im not sure about the temple shots maybe there's just some nice filters on them.But the rest seemed like pics taken from Z camera.I have seen one of the devs post up pics with that same kind of quality as the video.I'll ask him if he thinks it was taken from the Z he seemed knowledgeable on the camera front.

Overall as I look at it would'nt make sense to call it bb10 story use the software and not use the camera pics that is just stupid on all thought level.Its got to be all if not some from the camera representing BB10's quality.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Im not sure about the temple shots maybe there's just some nice filters on them.But the rest seemed like pics taken from Z camera.I have seen one of the devs post up pics with that same kind of quality as the video.I'll ask him if he thinks it was taken from the Z he seemed knowledgeable on the camera front.

Overall as I look at it would'nt make sense to call it bb10 story use the software and not use the camera pics that is just stupid on all thought level.Its got to be all if not some from the camera representing BB10's quality.
    Means he made the video file for his pictures by using Story Maker app at Blackberry 10. That's the point.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe

Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    17,724 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

I've never attempted anything like this. Can't wait to try it myself!!!

Same person posted this.....wonder if it was also done with BB10? NOT SAYING IT WAS.....I'm wondering whether it was....

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" ~Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    PIN

I didn't know what Storymaker is/was.

So as I watched the video I kept saying, "Okay, this is a LONG video intro, where's the meat and potatoes?" lol
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,848 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by JRAnciano View Post
    I didn't know what Storymaker is/was.

So as I watched the video I kept saying, "Okay, this is a LONG video intro, where's the meat and potatoes?" lol
    It's a video editor, however, the guy didn't seem to have videos..
    Check out my app: CChecker
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    It's a video editor, however, the guy didn't seem to have videos..
    The guy had 2 videos in there. Think maybe one in the begining & definitly one at the end

Proud Owner of a BlackBerry Q10

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I've never attempted anything like this. Can't wait to try it myself!!!

Same person posted this.....wonder if it was also done with BB10? NOT SAYING IT WAS.....I'm wondering whether it was....

It was. If you watch the entire video, at the end it says "A Story by BlackBerry 10"

No videos in this vid, just pics

Proud Owner of a BlackBerry Q10

CrackBerry Genius

2nd vid now well thats definetely the camera quality which is great not bad for a phone.Still holding back on jaycuts capabilitys so just the right amount of tease.Not bad for out the box feature this will be a big app for BB10 .
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,711 Global Posts

I Love the music that is playing. I can't find it online and I really want to have it.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

I see some bokeh there, and nice focus points. If the Z10 can do that, WOW.