Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By LazyEvul
  • 1 Post By mrfreetruth
  • 1 Post By Weeber
  • 1 Post By dbmalloy
  • 5 Post By Peevish
  • 1 Post By kbz1960
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Obituary for Z10... NY Mag

So... yea, apparently this guy found a way to kill a Z10 in a couple days and is blaming it on the phone...

My Dead BlackBerry 10, a Eulogy -- Daily Intelligencer

To my BlackBerry Z10 Demo Model,
    Back on January 30, when you were given to me for free at the launch of BlackBerry 10 by your eager PR team, I could never have guessed that just four days later, on February 3, I'd be saying good-bye.
    You came loaded with so much promise. I had heard that you were going to revolutionize the smartphone industry with your 70,000 apps, your easy toggle button between work and personal mode, and your centralized notification system. Even Alicia Keys liked you, or was paid a large sum of money to say she did. When CEO Thorsten Heins announced that he was giving you to every reporter, PR person, and hanger-on in the building that day, I felt my heart leap. And when he said that you would appeal to "people who are hyperconnected socially," I thought: That's me!
    But then you died. After four days of trying you out, for no reason at all, you simply refused to turn on. I removed and replaced your battery, tried to manually reset you, and even connected you to my laptop to see if I could revive you that way. But you stayed there, motionless and dark, the lifeblood drained from your mini-USB port.
    I'll always cherish the memory of the approximately 102 hours we had together. You had some charming features, like not having Skype, Netflix, or Instagram apps available. (It was like going back to 2008! A year I loved!) Or requiring a weird bi-directional swipe to get back to your home screen. Or a game called "Shake Mirror," which I downloaded from your app store. When I opened it, it said "Shake your phone to see an image of yourself," and then, when I shook it, it showed me a photo of a monkey at the zoo. That was hilarious! The game said "fatal exception" and crashed immediately afterwards, but it was still a good time.
    I gave you everything, BlackBerry Z10. I loaded my e-mail and calendar into you, used you to look at Twitter, and even made a slideshow of my co-workers using your "Story Maker" feature, with some random, royalty-free punk song as the background music. I showed you off to my friends and talked up your prospects. "This company could come back!" I said. They believed me. And now you're gone, survived only by your parent company and my broken dreams.
    BlackBerry Z10, you were a piece of crap, but you were my piece of crap. And I'll miss you. Whenever I pick up my iPhone from now on, I'll be looking at a solid, functional, well-designed piece of hardware with working apps and the ability to outlive a green banana. But I'll be thinking of you.
    Rest in peace,
    Kevin
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts

Although it is very well possible that the phone somehow died (maybe he got a lemon, or maybe he abused the heck out of it), calling the Z10 "a piece of crap" makes this author lose any credibility whatsoever in my eyes. The Z10 is not perfect by any means, and perhaps in some ways even lacking compared to competitors. But it is not by any stretch of imagination "crap".
    Passport (10.3.0.1418) | Z30 (10.3.1.1016) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    Thanked by:
    Geeoff (02-08-2013) 
    motor96 and peter9477 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

I did chuckle once or twice..lol.. Those are just for a laugh. Nobody takes them serious
    Banned

What horribe made up propaganda. If the delay in the US was accident or planned I am happy there was a delay in a biased and controlled media by apple and google and other vested interests. What a joke
    recompile likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBD52E (Feel Free To Shoot Me A Msg)

Quote: BlackBerry Z10, you were a piece of crap, but you were my piece of crap.

Wow... Was this author's last name Geller??
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,077 Global Posts

More media conspiracy. Sigh. Oh, MrFreeTruth called it propaganda. Biased and controlled media. Over and over and over. How pathetic.
    The guys phone died. He wrote an article. Get over it.

Reminder to US news organizations, get your copy vetted here first.
    CrackBerry User

Hahahaha.....monkey. So I guess the mirror does actually work!
    recompile likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

LOL thats what happens if ure expecting so much from just a phone
    CrackBerry Genius

and the point of the post is????
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

Meh. Non story really. Negative things get views and views get ad revenue.

Want proof negative stories get views? Look at the majority of threads in the 'most viewed' list for the forums here on any given day.
    Thanked by:
    jakie55 (02-09-2013) 
    Banned

PIN
    Ask nicely

It's funny, a lot of my friends are now iPhone lovers, and when the see things like this, they always send it to me and ask why I don't just jump ship... So far, since I got my Z10, I have met up with 4 of those friends, and instead of trying to defend my phone against the stupid stuff they quote from the negative articles, I tell them to try it for 10 minutes, and come up with their own opinion instead of listening to others. 10 minutes later, I tell them that the author is actually probably right and wrestle my phone away from them. Out of the 4, 1 got a Z10, 1 is planning on getting a Z10 when he is eligible to upgrade his hardware without paying extra (few weeks), 1 plans on ditching his i5 for a Q10, and the other said he wants to wait to see if Blackberry can get the big apps.

Point is, as Blackberry users I think we should do what the company itself is doing, and let the user experience speak for itself.
    Thanked by 2:
    Vorkosigan (02-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Italiannyc View Post
    I did chuckle once or twice..lol.. Those are just for a laugh. Nobody takes them serious
    when peopel are desperatly trying to makeexcused why BleackBerry 10 ispoo yes they do
    CrackBerry Abuser

You gotta say....guerrilla marketing at its best........
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

What a tool. Isn't there an article posted some where about how iphone users stand in lines to boost self esteem? That's why this guy uses one I'm sure. So he has common ground with 51% of the planet. And I don't even know if that last part is true
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,635 Global Posts

A very strange man
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,614 Global Posts

Too funny but also wow. Must really hate BlackBerry.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.