No more BIS - Blackberry.net email addresses to longer be supported
Well I just called Rogers and had a long chat
Told by two separate people:
1. blackberry.net email addresses will no longer be supported on bb10. they will forward them to another account for one year then stop
2. no social networking plans available anymore, you have to have a regular/full data plan - no more tiered plans available for blackberry
3. The data plans will be regular data plans not BIS
4. The same data compression will not be there anymore
- 01-30-13, 06:53 PM #4
The part that I can't grasp is if the blackberry.net is going away, and they'll forward to a new email, what about those pre-BB10 phones people keep for a year past now?
Or does it mean once you buy your BB10, you have a year to get things in order with your now non-existent blackberry.net email?
Will my fido.blackberry.net email address work on the new BlackBerry 10 devices?
No, RIM will not be supporting the fido.blackerry.net email address on BlackBerry 10. To help you transition, RIM will allow you to forward your fido.blackberry.net e-mails to another e-mail address for one year. Visit fido.blackberry.com/html/hosted to forward your fido.blackberry.net e-mail address.
What if I use my fido.blackberry.net e-mail address as my BlackBerry ID, how do I change my BlackBerry ID?
1. Visit BlackBerry ID. Sign in using your BlackBerry ID (e-mail address) and password.
2. Click on Account details
3. Next to details, click edit change your username to a new e-mail address and save.
- 01-30-13, 07:01 PM #8
- 01-30-13, 07:05 PM #10
- 01-30-13, 07:05 PM #11
- 01-30-13, 07:55 PM #14
RIMBlackBerry chipping away all the things that made it successful to begin with. I liked the data compression and encryption, now everything will be sent in the clear. Great.
- 01-30-13, 09:11 PM #15
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-30-13, 09:23 PM #16
- 269 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- PM me...
Without BIS its not a BlackBerry. I never used the BB-eMail Address, but i need Data Compression, their real Push Service....security?
I really like new things, but i hate it, if they take things from me, that i love.
I have ever thought it was a Joke. So the BB10 Phones are usable without BIS like a normal Smartphone, but for BIS subscriber its the real BB with all the Stuff a BB before BB10 offers.
Now i am really sad
Maybe now i switch to a PrePaid Plan and save 30Euros/Month.
- 01-30-13, 09:58 PM #19
What I really don't understand is why RIM don't make BIS optional add on to a regular data smartphone plan. They could keep a lot of e-mail junkies happy with their push mails and make some money doing so. I would pay 5-10 $ extra.
"no social networking plans available anymore, you have to have a regular/full data plan - no more tiered plans available for blackberry"
you cant get just bbm and twiiter, fb plans anymore. Its only general data plans available - like other phones
- 01-30-13, 10:05 PM #21
- 01-30-13, 10:16 PM #25
- By filipinoy973 in forum T-MobileReplies: 1Last Post: 06-07-10, 11:01 AM
- By david122575 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-24-09, 10:59 PM
- By david122575 in forum SprintReplies: 10Last Post: 07-24-09, 10:59 PM
- By darkcorsair in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 06-04-08, 11:11 AM
- By 0FF24 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-15-08, 10:01 PM