- 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM #51
Re: News About Netflix on BB10
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
Rollin' on Twitter
- 12-24-2012, 05:42 PM #52
After dinner, everyone is ready to go, but Suzy is taking her time savoring her strawberry shortcake. Little Bobby is getting antsy and fidgety. He can start an episode of something then finish it in the car.
ETA: That's just an example I came up with off the top of my head. I know that some kids might be content with playing tic-tac-toe on a napkin. It's just one thing to have in a parent's arsenal.
I personally use Netflix at the gym if I feel like a long session on the spin bike or treadmill and don't feel like listening to any of my music. For me, it's nice to have that option.
Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 12-24-2012 at 07:10 PM.Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- 12-24-2012, 08:19 PM #54"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
Rollin' on Twitter
- 12-24-2012, 08:30 PM #55Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- 12-24-2012, 08:41 PM #57Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- 12-24-2012, 09:11 PM #59
I don't see why you can't understand that some people just have different ways of entertaining their kids. Just because someone else doesn't do things like you do doesn't mean they're wrong. Growing up, my father was a very prominent United Methodist pastor in a relatively small town. It never failed that EVERY TIME my family would go out to eat, my parents would see someone they knew. Sure, it should've been obvious to those people that my family was trying to have a nice dinner together, but my parents often would have lengthy visits with them. This is where my walkman and my brother's game boy really came in handy when we were tots!
The point to all of this is that there are a few instances where having Netflix comes in handy. Whether it's entertaining your kid in the car or a restaurant (and remember there's tons of educational content for kids out there), at the gym, on the bus, etc some people have use for the app. You don't? That's fine. No one will force you to download it on BB10. You can pretend it's not even there while thousands of others who have invested in BB10 get to enjoy the app.
Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 12-24-2012 at 10:13 PM.
- 12-25-2012, 09:57 AM #63
Just like the sling player that was developed for webos and never released. Some people can have the apps made but wait and see what the platform does before release.I couldn't help notice your pain. Come share it with me.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-25-2012, 11:00 PM #64
- 3,577 Posts
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-26-2012, 08:55 PM #67If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
- 202 Posts
- G 126.96.36.199
- 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM #68
The app development is the easy part. It's the legal stuff that goes along with one big corporation streaming multiple big corporations' media on another big corporation's hardware/software and then throw in how both sides will monetize the deal... Yeah, it can take more than just a couple days or couple weeks.
- CrackBerry Master
12-27-2012, 02:19 AM #69
- 1,349 Posts
...But on the masses who've been fed the line about RIM being too outdated to run those kinds of apps.
...This is what cost RIM so much of it's subscriber base.
I watched everyone at my company who was on a smartphone ( that was a ton of blackberries ).....
...Drop down to 2 ( me and one other guy ) - everyone else left for Iphone then iphone and Droid.
This is perhaps the best news I've heard in a week!!!!A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-27-2012, 03:03 AM #71
- 1,799 Posts
If I recall, the Netflix app on various mobile platforms actually use Qt/Webkit and HTML5 (see FunctionSource: Coping with Over Four Hundred Devices: How Netflix Uses HTML5 to Deliver Amazing User Interfaces). From a coding perspective, it should be pretty straightforward to bring support to BB10. The main issue is the DRM that is used by Netflix (Netflix goes with Microsoft PlayReady DRM for upcoming streaming devices | TechCrunch), and I recall seeing videos from Jam Americas that there will be PlayReady support in BB10 (Library support at a glance - Native SDK for BB10 - BlackBerry Developer).
- 12-27-2012, 09:09 AM #72
Who the heck goes to resorts to watch TV ?
- 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM #74
- By Rooster99 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 38Last Post: 03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
- By glennster28 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
- By dd3 in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 10Last Post: 08-19-2012, 03:31 PM
- By luqman24 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 17Last Post: 09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
- By luqman24 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-10-2011, 12:09 AM