Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Z10 ad in Taiwan

Thanked by 3:
    Korepab (07-19-2013),  Mohammed Zakaria1 (07-20-2013),  taylorblackberry (07-19-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Cool. A BlackBerry 10 / Taiwanese take on The Devil Wears Prada
    A bit long for a conventional TV advert, but good none-the-less

Si.
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    953 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C80862

Very nice...I like it...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychen17 View Post
    great ad, much better than other BB advertising. combining story, eye candy, and useful BB10 feature when use it in real life situation.
    CrackBerry Addict

Not Bad.... Not my taste but they Show some good Things about the Z...
    Thx for sharing
    8700v-8310-8800-9000-9800-9900-Z10 In white Z30 in Black PP in Black
    BB10 what else ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    292D1FE2

Really cool advert! Shows all the features, and even shows why its better than the competition!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Damn that was a long commercial....lol

Posted via CB10
    neefer likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

That was just Episode 1 - I think more is coming! LOL I think they finally figured out how to market in the Chinese / Taiwanese market
    CrackBerry Abuser

Coool

Posted via CB10

Z10 User / STL 100-1 / OS 10.2.1.1925
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

The commercial actually did a great job at showing off the features and how it can be useful in believable situations! Awesome! But it is a bit long.

Posted via CB10
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

I agree with everyone else that it is a great "ad" that does a good job of showing off the features and functions of BB10. I also agree that that thing is wicked long. 30 seconds more and that would qualify as a pilot.
    BergerKing and neefer like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

Now this is an advert. love it to pieces
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

I think the ad is brilliant. I would cut this ad to typical length and use the same actors. I would show this ad in the US and Canada with subtitles ... now that would get peoples attention.

Or you could show it part 1 & 2 etc... maybe people would want to see the whole ad ... could bubble over to Youtube.
    CrackBerry Genius

Great ad. Attractive ladies too(: but the ad is a bit too long. However, it did show how bb10 is a great phone for business like its meant to be.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

i actually dont feel like thwy showe the features really well... We know the feqtures so we see.them even whn shown for a split second. However, the average consimer who knows nothing about bb10 will not see them in their full gliry. I do however think that this add will work for that specific atea.. They should only bring the featurew more to the forefont though.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by crackbb10 View Post
    i actually dont feel like thwy showe the features really well... We know the feqtures so we see.them even whn shown for a split second. However, the average consimer who knows nothing about bb10 will not see them in their full gliry. I do however think that this add will work for that specific atea.. They should only bring the featurew more to the forefont though.
    Damn... It really shows that if i wannq type fast i need my Z keyboard... Cant wai to get it back...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,670 Global Posts

Heh - felt like a Taiwan take on "The Devil Wears Prada"
    Thanked by:
    bearcoco (07-20-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,417 Global Posts

Wow! Now that's what I call advertising. Love it to bits!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Being from Taiwan, and understanding the language and culture
    I have to say, this will really speak out to the general population. Break the bubble the population has of the iPhone
    This will really create the fighting chance for BB and the Z10 (possible the Q10 in part 2) in Taiwan

For those who don't know, Taiwan is the jewel of all electronics in Asia, including the production, and post-production
    If BB can win the fight in Taiwan, it controls the key to electronic domination in all of Asia. The demographics of electronic device platforms used in Taiwan really reflects that of all of Asia.
    I have been a supporter of RIM from the start. Hopefully this will really create the chance to strike back
    #RimpireStrikesBack
    Korepab, Novaone and m1kr0 like this.
    CrackBerry User

There is actually a sequel planned. (as depicted in Chinese at the end of the commercial where the dog wad dragging a lady in front of the shopping mall.)

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bakacary View Post
    There is actually a sequel planned. (as depicted in Chinese at the end of the commercial where the dog wad dragging a lady in front of the shopping mall.)

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I suspect part 2 will be for the Q10
    Turns out Taiwan Mobile actually adopted the Z10 much earlier than they planned
    A few months ago, after the Z10 came out, I was in Taiwan for vacation, and asked the carrier when Z10 (this was pre Q10, so I didn't ask) was going to arrive. They told me they had no immediate plans on supporting BB10 at all. The attitude they gave was that BB was extinct, why in the world would you use BB.
    For those who don't know, Taiwan Mobile, while not the largest carrier (2nd largest I believe) is the only company that truly supports BB. Chunghwa telecom did support the 9860 and 9900, but that was it. Now, I am currently uncertain whether they are going to support BB10, but getting Taiwan Mobile on board is such a nice plus, including one of the best phone commercials I've ever seen from Taiwan (considering I grew up there for a few years)
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Aljean Thein View Post
    Great ad. Attractive ladies too(: but the ad is a bit too long. However, it did show how bb10 is a great phone for business like its meant to be.

Posted via CB10
    It's a bit too long, but it is generally what the TV network is used to in Taiwan
    On any random channel, usually commercials may take up to 50% of air time
    On top of that, to actually air such a long commercial, really suggests that BB is having a lot of backing and support in the country (definitely from Taiwan Mobile, and possible even from Chunghwa telecom)
    Korepab likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I liked it! they should start plastering advertisements all over airports too
    CrackBerry Genius

This adverts awesome even though its long.BB should do one in with WEST WING style walking showcasing BB10 at work.talking about caleneders,forwarding emails,remember showcasing flow.BB marketing sucks everyoen can throw up better ads.
    CrackBerry User

The joys of living in NYC. You can respect that there are 'other' ways of viewing marketing. Reading is fundamental. This is clearly an advertisement for a non-U.S. market. Respect that and your life will be so much better. Great job, I laughed even enjoyed the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" parody. Can somebody please explain 'original', what would be an 'original' ad? Just because you have never seen a design or concept doesn't make things original. Apple's ipod design was based on a 60's design of a radio.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast