Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Samsung "Best Face"??

Has anyone seen this yet?

YouTube

Who ripped off who?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Doesn't work just goes to the YouTube homepage
    CrackBerry Master

Looks pretty close to me. Maybe they licensed the same technology.
    CrackBerry Genius

lol calm down this aint as cool as the timewarp we got going on in BB10.

Its a decent alternative but my lil sis has this similar thing on her orange phone.This the big reason why RIM put out those demo videos to avoid being ripped.Dont worry samsung wont dissappoint Im sre they'll be ripping BB10 elements in no time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28E0854D

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    lol calm down this aint as cool as the timewarp we got going on in BB10.
    I totally agree !!!! Time warp is waaaaay cooler !

YOU HAVE GOT TO SAY WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND!

here is another video which shows the differences.

~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

There's also this, but it's not mobile.

Time warp is way cooler. Absolute zero cool.

RIM doesnt have timewarp licensed. they are actually using another companies tech for timewarp.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    scalemaster34 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    RIM doesnt have timewarp licensed. they are actually using another companies tech for timewarp.
    Isn't that exactly what licensing is?

Anyways, I heard they licensed it from a company that got bought out by Nokia so I am sure we will see that functionality on the winpho soon.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    yep its now nokias tech
    BlackBerry

Global Posts
    6,295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goint View Post
    Yup, you got it
    BB4Life
    CrackBerry Abuser

There was an article stating Nokia wasn't going to change prior licensing agreements so RIM is safe in licensing the software for the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Goint View Post

Anyways, I heard they licensed it from a company that got bought out by Nokia so I am sure we will see that functionality on the winpho soon.
    I thought someone implied that RIM was the owner and was licensing it to Samsung. When in fact like you said the company that came up with the software is now owned by nokia.
    ~Matt
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I'm considering getting this phone over BB10. I wasn't even aware of this feature.
    CrackBerry User

I wonder how RIM will market this being that everyone else has gotten their version out first. BlackBerry commercials in the US have been less than spectacular aside form an old AT&T commercial for the torch about a year ago so hopefully consumers won't see this as a me too feature by the time BB10 comes out.
    Banned

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drew808 View Post
    I wonder how RIM will market this being that everyone else has gotten their version out first. BlackBerry commercials in the US have been less than spectacular aside form an old AT&T commercial for the torch about a year ago so hopefully consumers won't see this as a me too feature by the time BB10 comes out.
    RIM should show it in passing in a collage of features they're showing off - but don't concentrate on it or even refer to it through any narration.
    Otherwise it'll put a spotlight on RIM playing catch-up and doing a "me too" move - which they don't want to reinforce the fact that it's exactly what they're doing.
    Drew808 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Hardware for most devices is all going to be similar.

OS features for most devices is also going to be similar. Have seen a number of BB10 features showing up in commercial for other devices.

Basic look of the devices is similar.

Android sales are based pretty much based on either the low cost devices or having devices that are a little more cutting edge with the newest hardware (there is a new device every other month it seems).
    Apple sales are based on "it's cool" (perceived or real it sells), it easy to use (very important for many), and great access to content.

RIM is know for Security and being a "stuffy" work device - and for not keeping with the latest tech over the years.

I think more than anything RIM is going to need to change their IMAGE along with the release of BB10.
    CrackBerry Addict

"best face" looks like something you would do at the office... Work... Boring.

"time warp" looks fun and joyful... Inteligent... Creative... Elegant... 'wow' affect.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by digitalman101 View Post
    "best face" looks like something you would do at the office... Work... Boring.

"time warp" looks fun and joyful... Inteligent... Creative... Elegant... 'wow' affect.
    Lol..I think your "perceptions" are based solely on which Kool-Aid you've been drinking..seeing's how it's the same technology being employed by various companies.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Rello and Drew808 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Lol..I think your "perceptions" are based solely on which Kool-Aid you've been drinking..seeing's how it's the same technology being employed by various companies.
    Lol u beat me to it.

But u know how it works on crackberry...RIM and X company offer the SAME feature and RIM's is better when they look damn near the same lol
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Default Re: New Samsung "Best Face"??

Couldn't agree with the two of you more. What people are forgetting is that cameras on mobile phones are becoming somewhat standardized across manufacturers due to competition. Just like in the camera industry itself. They just have different tweeks to make them somewhat different. A pig is a pig no matter how you dress it up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

RIM has already shown this feature, it was one of the few they have shown. I do not think it is going to be a pivotal feature for the launch.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    The end objective might the same/similar, but the ride is different. Let me say it from todays experience: I have 3 cars and a motorcycle, all four can take me to the beach for the sunday morning expresso coffee, but my byke just is way more fun to ride.

Keep in mind, similar feature, can be selling point or not, depending how well integrated it is to the system and how good is the UX. IMO, Time warp feature has both of these ingredients.

Edit: BTW, my personal phone is a android, my work phone is a smartphone from nokia.. Never had a bb phone. But, love my pb. And waiting for bb10. Kool - Aid What? L
    Last edited by digitalman101; 12-09-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    Lol u beat me to it.

But u know how it works on crackberry...RIM and X company offer the SAME feature and RIM's is better when they look damn near the same lol
    But Different implementation. It seems you have not seen the clip.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Syrous44 View Post
    Couldn't agree with the two of you more. What people are forgetting is that cameras on mobile phones are becoming somewhat standardized across manufacturers due to competition. Just like in the camera industry itself. They just have different tweeks to make them somewhat different. A pig is a pig no matter how you dress it up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I believe that time warp and best face are not "camera" related (that is hw) , but rather a sw feature. Lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast