Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree89Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fernandomagelan View Post
    So I find the BB L for UGLY and really is. In this thread for example, 6 of 10 comments are negative or not that friendly about the phone. I can see that you are form the other 4 posters who didn't have anything against the obviously ugly phone. And also, you are the only person here, who is discussing the L's design. The rest of the forum members do not say anything because they are agree with me (thats the reason I believe) or, just dont want to get into a deep arguing.
    Are you seriously going to use this thread with 10 posters as some sort of meaningful statistic as to what the majority of people think of the phone? I also don't know how you draw the conclusion that the rest of the forum members don't say anything because they agree with you. That is exorbitantly presumptuous.

Whatever. Believe what you want to believe. All will be revealed when the phone is actually released, because these leaked photos don't really mean anything compared to actually holding and seeing the phone in person.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: New Images of BB London

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Are you seriously going to use this thread with 10 posters as some sort of meaningful statistic as to what the majority of people think of the phone? I also don't know how you draw the conclusion that the rest of the forum members don't say anything because they agree with you. That is exorbitantly presumptuous.

Whatever. Believe what you want to believe. All will be revealed when the phone is actually released, because these leaked photos don't really mean anything compared to actually holding and seeing the phone in person.

No, I m not going to do some kind of statistic using this thread, but you have some idea about what people think, right?
    How I draw the conclusion? Well sir, do you see any other comments? No? Yes? Also, note that this threat has over 15,500 views. ))
    Yes, I believe my eyes and will do in the feature as well.
    OK, you take a deep breath now, I m not going to discuss the L's look any more. Relax and enjoy the sexy phone. )
    Last edited by fernandomagelan; 10-22-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fernandomagelan View Post
    No, I m not going to do some kind of statistic using this thread, but you have some idea about what people think, right?
    How I draw the conclusion? Well sir, do you see any other comments? No? Yes?
    The only idea I have about what people think is that it's different from person to person. That's why I've not made any grandiose claims as to what exactly people are thinking in regards to this phone, especially for just one thread.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,567 Global Posts
    PIN
    2aed1ace

Seeing the thinness of the device, I hope the don't repeat the error of the 9900 and give it an anemic battery.

I have no problem with the icons, once they are viewed with some kind of background image. But maybe someone can offer some samples of what they think might be better-looking icons.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

The battery is already known to be 1850mah. But I guess you didn't bother to look it up huh?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,567 Global Posts
    PIN
    2aed1ace

Quote Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
    The battery is already known to be 1850mah. But I guess you didn't bother to look it up huh?
    No, I didn't, so thanks for the info. It's still a question as to how well that capacity will hold up to all the peeking, flowing, live tiles, and multitasking.
    steven4u2nv likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
    ... It's still a question as to how well that capacity will hold up to all the peeking, flowing, live tiles, and multitasking.
    I agree. 1850 mah currently means nothing. With a completely new operating system, components and device the battery could be spectacular, adequate or down right crap. With a the QNX OS, native and HTML 5 apps will definately eat up less power v/s the old Java VM based OS. I am very interested in determing batter performance too. I have read hints that some BB10 devices may not have exchangable batteries.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

already at 50% battery :S
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund

Quote Originally Posted by steven4u2nv View Post
    I agree. 1850 mah currently means nothing. With a completely new operating system, components and device the battery could be spectacular, adequate or down right crap. With a the QNX OS, native and HTML 5 apps will definately eat up less power v/s the old Java VM based OS. I am very interested in determing batter performance too. I have read hints that some BB10 devices may not have exchangable batteries.
    Replaceable batteries have already been confirmed for BB10 series. And yes, the real question will be how the battery perfomance does. But i'd be VERY surprised if an 1850mAh battery can last a whole day, with LTE and these "Active Frames" running constantly.

I think RIM should have taken a cue from Moto and gone with a little extra thickness for the extra juice. The Razr HD has a 2500mAh battery, while the Razr HD Maxx has a 3300mAh one. Moto is really going after the 2 day battery market, which used to be RIM's bread and butter. And before you speak of "software optimization", while this is true, I still don't think RIM could have gone wrong by putting a bigger battery in. I will be waiting to be proven wrong once BB10 hits the streets and gets some real world testing done on it.
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B1BC93C

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Replaceable batteries have already been confirmed for BB10 series. And yes, the real question will be how the battery perfomance does. But i'd be VERY surprised if an 1850mAh battery can last a whole day, with LTE and these "Active Frames" running constantly.

I think RIM should have taken a cue from Moto and gone with a little extra thickness for the extra juice. The Razr HD has a 2500mAh battery, while the Razr HD Maxx has a 3300mAh one. Moto is really going after the 2 day battery market, which used to be RIM's bread and butter. And before you speak of "software optimization", while this is true, I still don't think RIM could have gone wrong by putting a bigger battery in. I will be waiting to be proven wrong once BB10 hits the streets and gets some real world testing done on it.
    iPhone seems to be getting decent amount of battery life with a 1530mAh battery. The OS is somewhat limited especially with multitasking when conserving battery. But it seems to make it through a day just fine. Some people make it through 2 or even 3 days with minimal use.

I think as long as the software is optimized. It shouldn't sip battery. QNX is a real time operating system. And from what I understand about QNX and real time OS's in general. They only use what's needed. Resources wise and with Qualcomm's S4 chips. Which have asynchronous cores where each core runs at whatever speed it needs to run at independently instead of running at full speed all the time or running at whatever speed the other core is running at.

I think BB10 is going after the only use what it needs path. Which is the optimal way of using the battery.

I could be completely wrong. But you can never go wrong with a bigger battery. Only thing is it's already 9mm which is somewhat thicker compared to RAZR's 7.1mm or iPhones 7.6mm. Even though it isn't the thinnest. It isn't thick either like the Lumia 920 with 11.6mm. So it's a good size and adding more battery might make it thicker when it's already on the border line of being thin.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    According to this DEV Alpha thread, with one update, battery life for the unit went from mere hours to around a day or more...
    CrackBerry User

Oh ,you have had 3 devices!So excited to know the latest information!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    330AB97D

Aside from battery life, which is still apparently under much debate until the actual handsets are released, I like the name "L-series". It has a real classy ring to it, like a BMW or Mercedes or Lexus etc. I can picture the ad in my mind... "BlackBerry L-series, featuring BlackBerry10, Research in Motion's all new QNX based operating system".
    CrackBerry User

Yeah, what's with those chunks on the top and bottom of the screen? the antenna? With those added, it looks nothing like the Playbook.
    CrackBerry Addict

Whoever is spreading this false information should seriously stop. The phone is not called "London". How are people even supposed to remember or associated the new RIM with something called "London"?

The dude that's taking the pictures should come out and explain himself. Whatever product will be announced January 30th, 2013 will be called BlackBerry 10 Full Touch.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball BlackBoard Lite Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10, 5 Slides, Markdown Man, Movie Title Creator, Pixel Censor
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    Whoever is spreading this false information should seriously stop. The phone is not called "London". How are people even supposed to remember or associated the new RIM with something called "London"?

The dude that's taking the pictures should come out and explain himself. Whatever product will be announced January 30th, 2013 will be called BlackBerry 10 Full Touch.
    How did YOU get the facts that PROVE this is false information? Please share, or are you doing the same?
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lmao!!! That's a HORRIBLE name. I hope they stick with the London name tbh, but as long as they have something creative it should be fine. It's probably best to drop the old branding "Touch, Bold etc"

Edit: simply "L-Series" works too
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456