Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default new iden/cdma BB device

Heard a rumor on a Droid site that there was going to be a new BB that used Sprints CDMA for data and Iden for voice and direct connect. Similar to the 8350i but a hybrid that used to 3g cdma and roaming capabilities for the data side. Make sense it would have on radio for data and one for voice. Would be real nice if the voice could roam back and forth between the two technologies. the phone its elf would do a lot for Sprints coverage issues. Probably wishful thinking.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Scan The barcode if you need it.

i was just at my local sprint store yesterday ordering my tour and they said that there is a "hybrid" bb comming out middle of this month!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    you probably aren't going to get it

If it is anything like their hybrid dumbphones, it'll use Spring CDMA for data and Vioce and iDen for Direct Connect, which is IMHO the worst of both worlds, because you cna end up in a place with DC but no voice or vice-versa.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I really hope that there is a new iDen Hybrid BB device coming out! With so many new BB devices coming out, us Nextel users need new BB phones too. I LOVE my 8350i, but I wouldnt mind having a newer BB device.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Sprint's coverage issues?

Care to elaborate? Sprint has excellent coverage - and even if they don't - they have roaming agreements with Verizon. So Sprint's coverage is at least equal to verizon. Most people don't even know when they're roaming, it literally has no effect on usuage.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of beer!

Talking with a friend that owns some Sprint stores, he said that QChat didn't end up being the savior of DC. Nobody likes trying to use it. He said that Sprint is going to make lots of hybrids for those that still need DC.
    Firefighter/Paramedic Cincinnati, OH
    I can't host any links without someone telling me my signature is too big!
    CrackBerry User

The 8350i will be the last iden blackberry from RIM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by j2hyphon View Post
    They said the exact same thing about the 7100i... If there's a demand, they'll make one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j2hyphon View Post
    Sources? Proof?
    CrackBerry User

well doesnt metropcs run of CDMA they selling them down here for $450.00 no contract.. DAM to much for me give me the 2 yrs.
    9300 Violet T-mobile
    CrackBerry User

Does anyone know what type of "hybrid" phones are coming out? Are they BB's? I would really like a BB that is similar the Bold with the 2 way. Being able to watch youtube videos would be cool too.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,573 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch a loaf.

Yeah, as long as there's Nextel Direct Connect running the IDEN network, there will be some sort of BB that will have to run on the IDEN network in one way or another. The production plant I work at runs on all Nextel communication, my Regional Sales Manager has to have the Direct Connect capability, and the BES corporate e-mail, so he has the 8350i, and my Plant Manager is getting his within the next week or two. There will always be a need for this kind of BB, however they deliver it, they'll have to produce it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com