Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: New BB10 phones just the beginning, RIM exec says

Quote Originally Posted by DuexNoir View Post
    Hmm, I see. But if they ported all they have now over to BB10, in a sense, they will be launching BB10 with that many apps...although it is a major twist of words but that's business.

It doesn't matter to me how many apps, since I don't use or care for apps that much but I do wish for BB10 to do well. Oh well, we'll just have to see on Jan 30th. They will be announcing all those info on launch day,right? This is going to be the first time I ever follow the launching of any gadget. lol.
    All I want crackberry forum apps will be available at blackberry 10. Hee.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,030 Global Posts

I want the cadillac bb.
    The promise of America is to be available to all regardless of race, nationality, creed or sexual orientation.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Re: New BB10 phones just the beginning, RIM exec says

I could care less if its 10k - 30k - 50k- 100k what matters is the top 200 and Rim says that the top 200 are there. I will use maybe 40 of those if that. My BlackBerry10 device will never need 100k apps.

Now what really matters....do I go for the L or the N???
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE0379B

100K apps included ported android apps + BB10 native. I believe this was made clear in several interviews that there will be 100k+ apps for BB10 at launch, so this doesnt include BBOS. On another note, some android ported apps work great on my playbook (Taptu is one of them) so ported android doesnt mean bad quality.

my 2 c
    BB Q10 / BB Z10 / BB P'9981 / BB Playbook
    CrackBerry Abuser

I really dont care about apps, sure some are for me are important but for the most part I do not care. I really dont care if BB10 has skype or netflix or amazon video at launch or ever. Personally I think you are a tool if you watch movies or tv shows on a smartphone, its stupid and probably causes damage to a persons eyes having to look at such a small screen for so long my opinion. I can see streaming youtube videos because they are for the most part short.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,905 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal123 View Post
    I really dont care about apps, sure some are for me are important but for the most part I do not care. I really dont care if BB10 has skype or netflix or amazon video at launch or ever. Personally I think you are a tool if you watch movies or tv shows on a smartphone, its stupid and probably causes damage to a persons eyes having to look at such a small screen for so long my opinion. I can see streaming youtube videos because they are for the most part short.
    Well all the Apple Iphones have small screens and yet Are the most popular for people and yet they still can cause damage to your eyes. Heck Being at a Computer for more than 10 hours can be damaging to a Human's eyes so yeah, I guess Apple people don't care as long as they have the Cool phone.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal123 View Post
    You are missing the point. The trend is pocket computing. Not smartphones. Pocket computers and tablets can now do 90% of the tasks that your desktop/laptop PC can do and the availability of more apps makes this transition more evident. The smartphone industry, like the PDA industry were all temporary. Now its the computer industry, only miniaturized.

RIM still sees themselves as a smartphone maker and not a computer maker.

RIM does not only have to have a gazillion apps available at launch they also need a strong third party peripheral support as well. One of the biggest reasons people buy iOS and Android devices is the plethora of accessories, cases and other add-ons that add to the experience. Ecosystem is not just about apps. It's about third party companies willing to invest in the system to make accessories in order to make money. And the money will only be made by adaption.
    Last edited by sosumi11; 11-18-2012 at 08:07 PM.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12