Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes
  • 7 Post By peterallcdn
  • 2 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 2 Post By Sith_Apprentice
  • 1 Post By raino
  • 1 Post By SparkyBC
  • 1 Post By jasonvan9
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New BB10 Device - Codename "Berlin" (Is this real? Have we seen this?)

Just read a tweet... "first sketch of a new BB10 device - codename Berlin #BlackBerry #BB10 #RIM"

https://twitter.com/Tech_Leak/status...002944/photo/1

This person only has 2 tweets, Just wondering if people think there is any legitimacy to this, or if you think the person just drew it up themselves.

Not sure if this image has been seen before. Kinda reminds me of that wrap-around screen concept from awhile back.

Anyhooo... Looks like it'd be a nice device, although not sure how the "TouchBars" would work in reality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New BB10 Device - Codename "Berlin" (Is this real? Have we seen this?)-blackberry_10_device_codename_berlin.jpg  
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Usb port appears to be mini usb not micro in picture. No hdmi. Microphone never needs that many holes. Clearly home made by the tweeter using basic cad or ms paint skills.
    big_time2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

My god I hope it's true and similar to the wrap around screen. That (concept) was the winner for me touch wise hands down. I think if RIM announced the 'Berlin' along with the 'Blade' model they could really capture the younger (18-35) wow factor on hardware alone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    And you have 43 posts. Usb port appears to be mini usb not micro. No hdmi. Microphone never needs that many holes. Clearly home made by the tweeter.
    Most likely but one can dream, no?

Can you tell I was blown away with the wrap around screen concept? My guess is that it impressed someone else on twitter.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    And you have 43 posts
    Ooookay. Not sure why my post count is important, I'm not trying to claim I have leaked info... but whatever chief.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by metz9444 View Post
    My god I hope it's true and similar to the wrap around screen. That (concept) was the winner for me touch wise hands down. I think if RIM announced the 'Berlin' along with the 'Blade' model they could really capture the younger (18-35) wow factor on hardware alone.
    I'd be pretty stoked myself if they released hardware similar to this. It would be very sleek and clean.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Isn't this a little too Lumia-esque?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Yeah kind of looks like a Lumia 920, in terms of the bottom and the sides...and the general shape...I dunno. Let's get more details on the Aristo!
    Remember to RTFM.

Global Posts
    6,558 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Given the lack of media buttons & HDMI-out I'd say if this is real at all it's a low-end device.
    Thanked by:
    howarmat (11-21-2012) 
    howarmat and Superfly_FR like this.
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

What about the lack of bezel on the sides of the screen? How would you swipe in landscape mode
    Superfly_FR and Balti43 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,767 Global Posts

This can't be real. Thor would show Berlin much more love
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    This can't be real. Thor would show Berlin much more love
    I dont doubt that there is/was a "Berlin" concept, but this has way too many flaws. No front facing camera, mic on the bottom of the device, single speaker off to one side of the bottom, the word "BlackBerry" on the back with the logo, both of which sit very high on the back plate.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,767 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    I dont doubt that there is/was a "Berlin" concept, but this has way too many flaws. No front facing camera, mic on the bottom of the device, single speaker off to one side of the bottom, the word "BlackBerry" on the back with the logo, both of which sit very high on the back plate.
    It was a joke, mate. What I meant was that given his German heritage, I thought Thor wouldn't let a device named Berlin be so messed up.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts

I actually don't like this since it reminds me of the Nokia Lumia devices which I'm not a huge fan of.... but of course these are just sketches anyways...

Can you try to track down pics of the N-series by any chance?!
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Q10 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry Abuser

RIM should patent this idea if it is truly theirs.

The left side bar could have little rectangles that light up when there's a new BBM/EMail/SMS etc. The right side could be a scroll bar for the browser so you're not covering the content while browsing.

Global Posts
    1,940 Global Posts
    PIN
    Look at her ****, dios mio

Looks like an iPhone 5, without rounded corners?? I mean look at the holes for the speakers and the BB logo right in the top middle.
    RIM is more creative then that.
    [Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I'd have the facts]
    2 Chainz came out with a 4.0 GPA in Business. I want to be 2 Chainz when I grow up.

BBM: 7FC94509 - Give me a reason to use it!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    947 Global Posts

Mic being so close to speaker = feedback? The measurements in inches are a nice touch, but mm is more precise and Canada uses the metric system, so I'm suspicious.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    CrackBerry Master

Fake sketch, a 2 year old could make that in 2 minutes.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by lorax1284 View Post
    Mic being so close to speaker = feedback? The measurements in inches are a nice touch, but mm is more precise and Canada uses the metric system, so I'm suspicious.
    Canada uses both metric and imperial, depending on the customer... but RIM being a Canadian company developing phones for itself, im 99% sure they use mm... also, when doing a detail drawing (fancy mechanical design term of a picture with measurements) you always use the decimal equivalent of whatever your tolerances are... say if you want all your parts to be within +/- 0.002in than all of your measurements will be to that decimal place... so for the width, instead of 2.45in you would draw 2.450in... Also, when designing you always use a datum point (a zero location to start measuring) unless you're doing a very quick sketch, meaning a step up from paper and pencil.

Its the little details that will call out a fake first also, if this is real and RIM actually build their phones to tolerances LESS than +/- 0.002in than we would not be receiving these high quality devices... you can actually tell with your naked eye a discrepency of 0.001in (say its a gap between screen and boarder, you could tell one end of the gap is bigger)
    Previous device(s):BlackBerry Z30(Black),BlackBerry Z10(Black),BlackBerry Q10(Black),8820 world edition,9800 Torch(Black),9780 Bold(Black),9700 Bold(Black),9900 Bold(Black),9810 Torch(White), iPhone3GS(Black),iPhone5C(Pink)
    Family Current device(s):BlackBerry Passport, Windows SurfaceRT, Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanked by 2:
    00stryder (11-23-2012),  allengeorge (11-23-2012) 
    1oo1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,739 Global Posts

The drawing makes it out to be Lumia 900 which I'm holding in my hand. It's the exact thing down to the smallest details. The other thing is there is no HDMI port. The HDMI port seems to be standard on BB10. However the Lumia 900 has no HDMI port. I'm having a hard time believing this is real.
    Through the Years :2001 Ericsson T29s> Sony Z5> Sony Z7> SE Z600>Moto A760> RAZR V3>Razr V3i>BB 8800>BB 9500 >BB 9800>Bold 9900..RIM Returns with a bang

Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KasukeSadiki View Post
    Isn't this a little too Lumia-esque?
    That would be a good thing, IMHO. I like the look of the 920 far better than the leaked L series images. To each his own I guess but I'm holding out hope that we haven't seen the final hardware yet and the images are just a red herring. I'm not saying its ugly, just dull and not innovative enough. I know there's only so much you can do with a slab form but you can design subtle differences which can differentiate your device from your competitors. The L-series just doesn't have that; th 920 does. Although I'll still be one of the first to get it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Does it "Take your breath Away"
    oil.....is it really worth it?