Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By pantlesspenguin
  • 2 Post By Toodeurep
  • 5 Post By GTiLeo
  • 2 Post By cjcampbell
  • 1 Post By GTiLeo
  • 5 Post By r0v3rT3N
  • 1 Post By Masahiro
  1. TeaBoy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Most anticipated tech products for 2013

    Most anticipated tech products for 2013

    3. Blackberry 10
    Much to the dismay of Blackberry fans, the promised 2012 release never happened. This earned them a place on our 2012 Technology Flops piece.

    Research in Motion (RIM), the maker of the BlackBerry smartphone, plans to unveil the new BlackBerry 10 operating system in January. That is (hopefully) good news for a company that recently sacked hundreds of employees and lost contracts with the US government over security and reliability issues with RIM products.

    RIM has fallen from one of the largest smartphone makers in the world to trailing behind Apple and Android products. The Blackberry 10 is a make or break product for the company. So far, early reports are positive. The new browser is allegedly faster than anything on the market and a QWERTY keyboard version is said to be available soon after the touch screen version is launched.

    Source Yahoo Shopping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Most anticipated tech products for 2013-bb10.png  
    Use Rep Code : N4E1 to save 20% off first time buyer.
    Code works with both site
  2. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    i still can't understand why a product that was not released is a flop, really makes no sense even if the reason to say it was a flop was because it didn't get released. its just a filler spot and a place to further criticize RIM
  3. trsbbs's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,197 Posts
    PIN
    BBM is useless to me. Now I can't delete it!
    #3  

    Default Most anticipated tech products for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    i still can't understand why a product that was not released is a flop, really makes no sense even if the reason to say it was a flop was because it didn't get released. its just a filler spot and a place to further criticize RIM
    Sorry you do not understand. Find an English teacher at the local grade school and have her explain it to you.

    Tim


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Verizon Z10 STL100-4 OS: v10.2.1.2141
    Playbook OS v2.1.0.1526
    J.C. BlackBerry, What's your game?
  4. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Flop would tend to imply something that happened and failed in 2012 rather than something that did not happen at all in 2012 though which would simply be a failure.
  5. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,681 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #5  

    Default

    IMO I think they're saying that the RELEASE was a flop since it never happened. They were planning on an October 2012 release. That time came and went with no BB10. That was the flop, not the product itself.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    BergerKing likes this.
  6. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,194 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,195 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #6  

    Default

    As long as it isn't on the "flop" list in 2013 it'll be okay.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  7. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trsbbs View Post
    Sorry you do not understand. Find an English teacher at the local grade school and have her explain it to you.

    Tim


    Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    flop

    /fläp/
    Verb
    Fall, move, or hang in a heavy, loose, and ungainly way: "black hair flopped across his forehead".
    Noun
    A heavy, loose, and ungainly movement, or a sound made by it: "they hit the ground with a flop".
    Synonyms
    verb.
    fail
    noun.
    failure - washout - miscarriage - fiasco
    here you ****ing ***hole, a definition og the meaning of flop. a fail a wash out, how the **** can something fail that hasn't yet met the public eye to even have failed.

    pantless i get that the mean the launch failed but to claim the technology has failed is un true because it has yet to be released to have that ability to fail, if the list was called biggest launch flops of 2012 then i can say ok, but to put it on a list of actual product fails, then no
    Thanked by:
    BB10FTW (12-26-2012) 
    Masahiro, Jake Storm, kemj and 2 others like this.
  8. cjcampbell's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,687 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when did the government agencies say that they were trying other platforms due to security issues??
    Thanked by 2:
    hpjrt (12-26-2012),  Jake Storm (12-26-2012) 
    kemj and donmateo like this.
  9. GTiLeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,277 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but since when did the government agencies say that they were trying other platforms due to security issues??
    they didn't
    hpjrt likes this.
  10. r0v3rT3N's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,750 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Wait, wait, wait...
    Didn't Yahoo also say BlackBerry 10 was the biggest tech flop of 2012, now it's one of the most anticipated of 2013?
    Make up your mind Yahoo!
    Have I really been here for three years?
  11. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,265 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    Wait, wait, wait...
    Didn't Yahoo also say BlackBerry 10 was the biggest tech flop of 2012, now it's one of the most anticipated of 2013?
    Make up your mind Yahoo!
    Yeah, I really wouldn't pay any attention to what Yahoo! says or does.

    Also, calling a "miscarriage" a "flop" just seems wrong to me... Haha.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
  12. d3ac0n's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default Re: Most anticipated tech products for 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    here you ****ing ***hole, a definition og the meaning of flop. a fail a wash out, how the **** can something fail that hasn't yet met the public eye to even have failed.

    pantless i get that the mean the launch failed but to claim the technology has failed is un true because it has yet to be released to have that ability to fail, if the list was called biggest launch flops of 2012 then i can say ok, but to put it on a list of actual product fails, then no
    Failure to release. That's a fiasco

    Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
  2. Tech Support For Nextel Blackberrys
    By Pillsbury187 in forum BlackBerry 71xx Series
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 04:12 PM
  5. Top 10 most overhyped Tech products.
    By sarfrazfamily in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions