Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By BBNation
  • 5 Post By Bla1ze
  • 2 Post By missing_K-W
  • 1 Post By ubizmo
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default More Cloud Services to Be announced on Jan 30

Synchronoss Buys RIM Unit, RIM bought for 100 mil last year and sold for 55mil. The purpose of this purchase was to expand cloud services but based on this call RIM is got diffrent plans and it will reveal more cloud details on Jan 30th

RIM sells cloud services unit for $56M - BNN News
    maraki1224 likes this.
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,334 Global Posts

Of course.. BlackBerry Link. I'm always confused by folks who say "RIM needs cloud offerings". Uhh.. RIM has been using the cloud long before it was the "cloud" lol.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Of course.. BlackBerry Link. I'm always confused by folks who say "RIM needs cloud offerings". Uhh.. RIM has been using the cloud long before it was the "cloud" lol.
    They really don't pay attention do they? LMAO
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: More Cloud Services to Be announced on Jan 30

Boom
    Not a hippy, but I do appreciate peace, love, and happiness.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    If ur sexy>>>pm me

It's not a question of if or when RIM was in the cloud. It's the ability to have a suite of cloud offerings that feel as though they are local. Seamless integration of premium offerings that enhance our life and user experience. Of any current cloud offering. With RIM I do feel safe knowing that my critical information is being managed by an honorable company and have no concern as to who would have access to my info.

I'm confident that RIM will have a fantastic cloud offering that coincides with the flow theme. Flowing in and out of the cloud. Since BB10 supports distributed networking. We should have a fantastic experience of sharing resources between BB10 devices and the NOC.

I want my cloud experience to feel as though the cloud isn't a seperate entity and was always local to whichever device I'm on. Seamless and a benefits to the user
    "I gotta Z10......I gotta Z10....Hey...Hey...Hey....Hey"........
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,126 Global Posts
    PIN
    79ac4611

What people want is cloud service that is also accessible from a desktop machine. BB email has always been a "cloud service" but many don't use their BB mail account because they can only use it on their phone. Same with BB calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. proper cloud service means I can use all these from Web apps, or at least from downloadable Windows or Mac software.

I had this on my Sidekick in 2003, and it was very useful. Rubin took the concept to Android, where it has been very successful, and now Microsoft has it in WP.

If BB10 doesn't offer something comparable, people will continue to use Google or MS services, and some of them will have reason not to choose BB10.
    Cappyshirt likes this.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
    If BB10 doesn't offer something comparable, people will continue to use Google or MS services, and some of them will have reason not to choose BB10.
    MS365 have a free BB Cloud services embedded. This is what I will monitor in particular the 30. May be very important as an entry point for small businesses / BES10 (as a replacement of besX ?)
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

BlackBerry link. Anyone got a link for me to read up??
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubizmo View Post
    What people want is cloud service that is also accessible from a desktop machine. BB email has always been a "cloud service" but many don't use their BB mail account because they can only use it on their phone. Same with BB calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. proper cloud service means I can use all these from Web apps, or at least from downloadable Windows or Mac software.

I had this on my Sidekick in 2003, and it was very useful. Rubin took the concept to Android, where it has been very successful, and now Microsoft has it in WP.

Such a long winded explanation.

'RIM needs to offer SaaS'.. would have sufficed for me. lol.
    “There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Smartwatch Fans]
    Time Lord

Global Posts
    10,334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    BlackBerry link. Anyone got a link for me to read up??
    BlackBerry Link | CrackBerry.com

Thanked by:
    Dapper37 (01-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Such a long winded explanation.

'RIM needs to offer SaaS'.. would have sufficed for me. lol.
    I thought RIMs relationship with Citrix was their solution for that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    I thought RIMs relationship with Citrix was their solution for that.
    it has to be more than that...
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts

The marketplace seems saturated with free cloud services in terms of data storage and syncing of notes, calendars, etc. Just give me reliable solutions integrated with the OS.
    CrackBerry Addict

You can use your own cloud service in using OwnCloud project.

This project provides storage and CalDAV / CardDAV for calendar and address book.

At last you could use PlayCloud 10 to connect to your cloud services. I have a thread about it for BB10.

Nicolas
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

I have feeling that RIM and Citrix working on something and they will announce on Jan 30, something to do with cloud, file sharing or virtual desktop..damm..too many days in January..
    CrackBerry Master

Default More Cloud Services to Be announced on Jan 30

Mega will be launched Jan 19 with sdk tool kits to their API.

Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Am I alone using MS365 online + Free BB Business Cloud Services (http://us.blackberry.com/business/so...verview.html)?
    Sure there will be announcements in that area (I believe BB BCS will go BES10 ... yummy!), and Citrix may not be alone
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares