• 1 Post By johnny_larue
  • 1 Post By KasukeSadiki
  • 2 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By 416to604
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    T's of beer always accepted.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Montreal Gazette Blogger must have been on a tight deadline...garbage

BB10 destined for disappointment | Montreal Gazette

"I hate to burst the bubble so soon, but RIM is absolutely, guaranteed not to live up to expectations," and then "Perhaps I am wrong." oh and his "For you investors out there, especially the most clever ones that bought RIM stock when I said you should (although I wasnít that brave). Perhaps this would be a good time to take advantage of a 13-month high and cash out." - Wow, this Jason guy isn't sure of anything now isn't he...

"It doesnít matter how easily RIM is making it for developers to make programs for the platform, if they donít see a way to make money, they wonít waste time developing the apps." - oh wait - they're offering a $10k app reward guarantee if the dev can reach a mere $1000. You're right, the crap apps won't make money... Just like the great Google apps that have to be chock full of ads in order to make money. Further, does Apple allow carrier based billing? Nope... Oh but BlackBerry does... that makes everyone even without a credit card a potential customer...

I don't think this business/tech writter knows his Apple from a hole in the ground... Tight dedline? His no "research and motion" is evident in his lack of depth article... Carriers across the world are excited and this guy's Apple stock is plummeting... boo who. Your Apple maps won't ever guide you astray keep following it... but bring a spare battery and... oh you can't swap... oh well any phone charger will do... wait nope it won't... Funny, BB can use Motorola, Samsung, HTC or pretty much any micro usb charger...
    Thanked by 2:
    416to604 (01-23-2013),  Gelzz (01-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Just goes to show that anyone with a computer and access to the Internet can be an 'expert' in anything, whether they know what they are talking about or not.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

The biggest indicator of RIM's success is the enthusiasm carriers have. Let's forget about all of us mere mortals, the carriers have the business brains, and they are the ones who are supporting BB10. That says a LOT. Rogers has had the BB10 on their main page ever since they opened preorders and it is still up. Compare this with Windows Phone 8, not so much.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

For you investors out there, especially the most clever ones that bought RIM stock when I said you should (although I wasn’t that brave).
    Q.E.D.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by:
    houshinto#IM (01-23-2013) 
    houshinto#IM likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Business writer/blogger telling everyone to buy, but doesn't himself = FAIL
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Agree...guy is doing way to many sit-ups under parked cars.
    Masahiro likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Agree...guy is doing way to many sit-ups under parked cars.
    I think his swingset was also little too close to the house...
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts

My cat has more journalistic integrity than that guy.

Here's his twitter handle, if you're interested: @JasonMagder
    Last edited by jesseh; 01-22-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: pizza
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry Abuser

fucn total **** that writer is! , props to Kevin for putting this **** in his place . 7 more days guys : )
    CrackBerry Abuser

love Kevin's comment. all i was going to say was "who the f*ck are you and wtf do you know?" haha
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts

I didn't see his comment. What did he say???
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

talk about taking a p1ss into the wind. one week
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Abuser

Even Kevin O'Leary is giving rosy outlooks for RIM now. I think your bigger names are ready to give BlackBerry 10 devices a chance.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I disagree with the article too but i dont get why some if you are getting so upset about it. Its an opinion piece, and he actually had some positive things to say
    peter9477 likes this.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Default Re: Montreal Gazette Blogger must have been on a tight deadline...garbage

Quote Originally Posted by KasukeSadiki View Post
    I disagree with the article too but i dont get why some if you are getting so upset about it. Its an opinion piece, and he actually had some positive things to say
    LOL. The response for this was fairly controlled. No one said anything about running his life.

Global Posts
    5,286 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Given how quickly RIM's stock has run up, I can understand that some writers and analysts are skeptical.

In the case of this writer, though, I have a feeling that all he's going on is what he's seen on the 'net. And the truth is, if you just watch the odd video you may miss the appeal of BB10. He's obviously got the app issue all wrong, since there will be a reasonably healthy app store for BB10 when it launches, and we're even starting to see some important announcements even this week.

He can dismiss all he wants, but I'm confident he'll be proven wrong

"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    peter9477 and GreenCopperz like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Clearly, I have upset the Internet | Montreal Gazette

He definitely upset Crackberry Nation that's for sure
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dietertong View Post
    Clearly, I have upset the Internet | Montreal Gazette

He definitely upset Crackberry Nation that's for sure
    Okay. Message received.

The Internet is definitely mad at me about my last blog post about the high expectations around BB10.

It was definitely my best read, and most commented on piece ever, and many of those comments were downright mean. My favourite one went something like this: ”the author is clearly an amateurish hack, but he’s probably right.”

I guess I should clarify.

What I wanted to emphasize is that expectations are way too high for this phone. My company, Postmedia, has planned more than a week of news coverage leading up to the Jan. 30 unveiling of the phone. CBC, CTV, and others are also falling all over themselves to give this phone as much coverage as they can.

By the comments I received, it’s as if the fate of BlackBerry is the fate of Canada, its tech industry, and the epic battle for smartphone dominance.

First of all, the tech industry in Canada is strong, whether RIM succeeds or fails. Second, the BB will sell relatively well for any phone that’s not Samsung or Apple, but it won’t make a serious dent in the market share of either company. Thirdly, RIM will survive even if the phone fails to live up to expectations, which I have already said, it undoubtedly will.

Lastly, we’re talking about a frickin’ phone here. There doesn’t seem to have been as much media hype and leadup to the war in Iraq. All I am saying is that people should get ahold of themselves, take a deep breath, and not stake so much on the future of RIMThe Internet was defini[end of post]
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    Thanked by:
    416to604 (01-23-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Default Re: Montreal Gazette Blogger must have been on a tight deadline...garbage

Well said

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Addict

hahahaah that was an entertaining read (not so much article, more so FB comments). thanks OP and thanks to grahamf for the follow up article.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I live nearby their offices downtown. Should I go over and smack him on the side of his head.

(Before you report a threat I'm just kidding, Jason. Like you said, chill...it's just a frickin' phone!)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts

"It was definitely my best read, and most commented on piece ever, "

Good Job everyone! Make sure we continually remind bloggers that if they hate on RIM, they will immediately get free advertising from people spreading their link, thus increased traffic and increased revenue. We have to make sure that all of these websites remember that hating RIM is great for business.

I wonder how many thousands of dollars websites like BGR have made in revenue form upset #TeamBlackBerry members.