Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements

Check out some cool looking screen caps of BB10 UI

Certainly it is anything but a giant step forward compared to the application UI on the current BlackBerry OS.

more screen caps here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements-kte1332366384862_en-us.png   [mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements-hjo1332877458203_en-us.png   [mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements-kte1332365285279_en-us.png   [mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements-kte1332353005016_en-us.png   [mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements-hjo1332881895843_en-us.png  

[mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements-hjo1332877717765_en-us.png   [mockups] Few Screen caps of the BB10 UI elements-hjo1332877458203_en-us-1-.png  
    Last edited by sf49ers; 07-22-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    Thanked by 14:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    2the_powerof_10 (07-22-2012),  Akuji_ism (07-22-2012),  Alex_Hong (07-22-2012),  andyahs (07-22-2012),  Plazmic Flame (07-22-2012),  DaedalusIcarusHelios (07-23-2012),  dentynefire (07-22-2012),  hpjrt (07-22-2012),  livejam (07-22-2012),  Masahiro (07-22-2012),  Odiamond (07-22-2012),  quik4life (07-22-2012),  r0v3rT3N (07-22-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Those look great! Thanks for the upload.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I love the typeface being used in the email screen. It's so clean and readable!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by eelnoj View Post
    Calibri! A very favourite. [edit] I take it back, the "g" is wrong... More like a Grotesk -- very nice choice though[/edit]
    Last edited by bk1022; 07-22-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Looks nice, just release it already!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

These look great thanks! Everything looks so well thought out and organized, its gonna be hard giving up the QWERTY. Its so true that the one handed operation is important. Actually the most important messages email/txt/BBM had to be done with only one hand available. But swiping the word suggestions might just be as efficient, just like to have control and type the word I want because errors slow you down too, but the swiping for delete takes care of that quickly too!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,882 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaceka View Post
    Looks nice, just release it already!
    I don't want another PlayBook experience.
    So RIM take your time!
    Check out my app: CChecker
    dentynefire likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts

Looks terrible!

I am hating this screen

It is as stupid as the iOS set up, it is not Natural to have to bring your fingers to the top of the device to send or cancel sending a message, all actions should be at the bottom half of the device or on an action bar above the keyboard,

the keyboard is about not needing to move your fingers from the keyboard to select words, this layout smacks that effort in the face.
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts

Agreed. Layout is probably for the keyboard pop-up at the bottom. Nevertheless, why does RIM feel obliged to redesign the whole BlackBerry UI experience. Just refine it and get rid of / streamline the endless menus.

Isn't the new UI supposed to be one-hand centric gestures and not to use both hands as most touch screen smartphones?
    Evolution of Communication: Rotary Phone > Dial Tone > Motorola Walkie-talkie > Nokia 2160 > Nokia 6190 > Samsung a460 > Samsung a920 > BB 8700 > BB 9530 > BB 9860 > PlayBook > Z10 > HTC One X+>Z30
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by deRusett View Post
    Looks terrible!

I am hating this screen
    Click to view quoted image

It is as stupid as the iOS set up, it is not Natural to have to bring your fingers to the top of the device to send or cancel sending a message, all actions should be at the bottom half of the device or on an action bar above the keyboard,

the keyboard is about not needing to move your fingers from the keyboard to select words, this layout smacks that effort in the face.
    Maybe the keyboard will have a contextual button to send the message, the PB keyboard has this today.
    ---

Check out Jewel Smuggler in BlackBerry World
    CrackBerry Abuser

Looks terrible!

I am hating this screen

Id like it up top to prevent accidentally clicking send.

Also the camera looks like it has auto focus, thank goodness!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Looks terrible!

I am hating this screen

Didn't see that one. @rjshahan, I like on the 9900 that I can long press the screen and I get the contextual menu but I don't know where on the PB this is. I'm on 2.0.1 are you on 2.1?

Anyway for that Compose screen I don't need to know that I'm composing a message...its obvious. I hope there is a fast way of sending a messages that is consistant throughout the OS like for BBM and SMS and email. Those buttons on top seem to make sense because your thumb does tend to go that way but I've tried using the 9900 and it really isn't natural.

At times I am bombarded with messages so there needs to be a send button directly above the keyboard, that seems like it be perfect for me anyway (like where the trackpad is)
    CrackBerry Abuser

@dentynefire i meant that on the PB the bottom right button on the keyboard often changes based on the context of what you are doing. It says things like connect or submit in some cases.
    ---

Check out Jewel Smuggler in BlackBerry World
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,720 Global Posts

I'm not a fan of that email compose screen, but I'm someone who doesn't like change. Moving the send button up to the top as livejam said does help to prevent someone from hitting send in the middle of a half-composed email. I've done that on my Torch using the trackpad to move the cursor around.

They maybe need to make the recipient, CC and Subject fields a bit smaller. Who knows, maybe the folks at TAT have already thought of that by making the fields shrink after you've typed something into them...
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
    CrackBerry Abuser

Something about the email-list screen still doesn't feel quite right. I can't explain it, but it's like some UI elements are out of place, or...something. I know that's very fuzzy and not actionable, but does anyone else feel like that?
    Terminal Musings: http://www.allengeorge.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

Looks amazing! WAY to GO!

BB10 beta for PB would be a nice...though it won't happen.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Hey it's 12:24 and not 13:37 anymore......nice.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Looks nice....I would say parts of that UI still need some TAT refinment but still looking great

What I wish is that those pictures were all taken from a BB10 prototype phone, becuase that would mean that RIM has finally put great cameras on their phones.....
  19. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts

This seems to use very similar menu icons to android? I'm thinking of the share and expandable menu icons.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    Hey it's 12:24 and not 13:37 anymore......nice.
    Not so fast

Check the calendar, it shows the appointment at 1400 hrs and gives the countdown in minutes. 1400 hrs minus 23 minutes is 13:37 lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

I believe these images are all taken from the RIM presentation of user interface guidelines, linked in the original Polish blog note:
    | UI guidelines for smartphones and tablets - BlackBerry 10 - 1.0 Beta

I wouldn't assume that these are actual images of RIM's own BB10 software. They are mockups provided as examples for third-party developers. The dates are old (Tue Jan 31 is indicated, which means Jan 31, 2012 and not 2013), and I can't find evidence that the people identified as RIM employees actually are/were. This situation is quite different from the preview screenshots we saw a while back for the PB email and PIM software, which showed actual RIM employees' PIM entries and email lists.
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,234 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerryBestr View Post
    I believe these images are all taken from the RIM presentation of user interface guidelines, linked in the original Polish blog note:
    | UI guidelines for smartphones and tablets - BlackBerry 10 - 1.0 Beta

I wouldn't assume that these are actual images of RIM's own BB10 software. They are mockups provided as examples for third-party developers. The dates are old (Tue Jan 31 is indicated, which means Jan 31, 2012 and not 2013), and I can't find evidence that the people identified as RIM employees actually are/were. This situation is quite different from the preview screenshots we saw a while back for the PB email and PIM software, which showed actual RIM employees' PIM entries and email lists.
    You got it. It's best practices as examples to show developers the UI design they should be following so you don't get a bunch of inconsistent apps. ie: Holo on Android.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eelnoj View Post
    Slate Pro is the preferred font for the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha because it is designed for easy reading for most users. Your application can use other fonts, but you should use co-ordinated typefaces and be consistent. The recommended point sizes are 5, 6, 8, 11, or 14.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by livejam View Post
    Id like it up top to prevent accidentally clicking send.

Also the camera looks like it has auto focus, thank goodness!
    i agree presing send is the easy part i can't tell yuo how many times i've accidentally hit enter and sent a text or BBM message when trying to hit delete
    CrackBerry User

an please remember that these slides may not be final

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast