Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default MLB At Bat 12...Will Blackberry get it?

Hey addicts!
    I was wondering if anyone knows rather or not Blackberry will be getting the MLB At Bat 12 app? Everywhere I look, I only see it coming out for IOS and Android...any thoughts, rumors, or news?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,607 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69

Last year MLB released it the day before or the day of spring training.

I might have an alternative for you. Download Nobex Radio and see if they have you teams local station. I have it on my 9900 and PlayBook and it has WCBS out of NY. There's a free and premium version on the BB and free on PlayBook. I have the premium on my 9900 that RIM gave away free last year.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Blackouts?

I just downloaded that app...do they ever have blackouts?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,607 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69

Quote Originally Posted by marshalherron View Post
    I just downloaded that app...do they ever have blackouts?
    I would assume no since they are just broadcasting the local radio station. So if the local station where your team is located is broadcasting the game you should get it. I'll find out this weekend.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    CrackBerry Newbie

marshalherron - where did you download it from? i can't find it anywhere on the MLB site or on AppWorld
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

looks like no At Bat for BlackBerry this year. MLB.com At Bat 12 | MLB.com: Mobile

kindle iphone/ipad and Android out today with Windows Phone7 coming by opening day.
    no mention of blackberry at all. I dont get it. ther is currently more Blackberry users the win 7 users no?
    BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry PlayBook
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Wow that is insane. I love that app. I can't believe they aren't supporting BlackBerry. I emailed them twice about a PlayBook app and their reply was At-Bat 12 will be out February 29. Seems like they have an automated reply since it had nothing to do with my question. I was definitely going to buy it, unlike many Android users who pirate it. The mlb.com CEO even said android users are less likely to pay for the app. Petition anyone??
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Send an e-mail to the developers or the managers of the website and tell them blackberry users need it too!

Global Posts
    31,989 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

How about this link to their support page.

Contact Us | MLB.com: Help
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    How about this link to their support page.

Contact Us | MLB.com: Help
    I've sent them multiple emails asking about their BlackBerry support and if they will make an app for PlayBook. Their response was the new 2012 app will be released Feb 29. Sweet answer MLB..almost answered my question..not
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by EdS817 View Post
    I would assume no since they are just broadcasting the local radio station. So if the local station where your team is located is broadcasting the game you should get it. I'll find out this weekend.
    I can guarantee that won't work. Regular season games can only be broadcast (radio) over terrestrial airwaves in home market. Even if you are in the home market and try to listen through a station's app/online stream it will be blacked out.

Do not try and make sense of MLB broadcasting rules and regulations.

I do wonder if I can use my MLB At Bat 11 and just pay for new year. Doubtful though.
    CrackBerry Newbie

WCBS? They are doing you a favor Suzyn Waldman and John Sterling are painful.
    Last edited by gestep34; 02-29-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Default Talked to MLB mobile

I've got some bad news addicts...no MLB for blackberry at all! I spoke with someone on the phone today and they said there would be no at bat or MLB.tv for blackberry products. This pretty much leaves us two options for the playbook and nothing for phones:

Side load the android app for us playbook brethren(I don't know if that would work)

Or hope that the using the website for mlb.tv works with the playbook

Sad news I know, but I can't really think of any other way...what do you guys think?
    Thanked by:
    otherguy41 (02-29-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

what is with all these companies shunning Blackberry? Netflix, skype, hulu, now mlb? what the heck?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    otherguy41 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

i am so pissed! I emailed them 3 or 4 times the past 2 weeks and called them once and i get generic non-helpful responses everytime. I used this app literally EVERYDAY last season and i can't believe they would drop support completely for Blackberry and then offer a windows version?? Dropped NBA last year and now MLB I want to type a bunch of cuss words but i know it won't help
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Locrian_Mode View Post
    what is with all these companies shunning Blackberry? Netflix, skype, hulu, now mlb? what the heck?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    It's a conspiracy...

/sarcasm

The real problem is that the Blackberry developer story is very confusing right now. On one hand, you have BB7 devices, which while they have a large install base are:
    1) Hard to develop for
    2) Dead enders (in that RIM has made abundantly clear they are not the future, where future is a year away)

OTOH, you have BB10 devices which:
    1) Have an extremely small install base in tablets, which is not expected to grow much either (I am talking about the tablet install base)
    2) Has no phone presence
    3) Frameworks aren't ready (Cascades, where art thou)
    4) First mass deployment in BBs is expected end of 2012, after having been delayed several times already
    5) When BB10 is deployed, we cannot be sure how much time it will take for the customer base to build up to a decent level.

Development for iOS and Android is obvious. WP7, while it does have a small customer base, is backed by MS which you can trust will back it to the tune of several billion dollars (we saw them do it with the XBox) and has a good chance with Nokia stepping in. However, as a result, you know that any development you do on it now, will not be have to be completely thrown away a year from now. Because of RIM's confusing development story, you cannot be sure of that with RIM platforms at all. Most big time devs seem to feel that it is a better approach to wait for BB10 to be released, so there is some clarity as to what the future holds.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ummm you need to develop an app that you have made for a couple years now, that worked perfectly well? Slap some lipstick on it and send it back out again for 15 and i'll buy it, but please explain why this is tough? Furthermore with the playbook ndk 2.0 being out and Cascades working, whats so hard compiling already written c++ software thats developed for iSh#t and F#ckoid... I'm tired of all this. I like my blackberry far to much to abandon it but because of the stupid media we get left in the dust. Media dictates to much in this stupid country and its getting old.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Glimmer of hope

I'm pretty pissed as well about this whole situation, i bought the playbook mainly to watch MLB as I'm in the UK so cant get MLB on normal TV and the xbox 360 service is only available to users in the US and Canada. But theres hope yet, i went to mlb.com on my playbook this morning and the have changed the App section on the top bar, they've removed all the at bat 11 links and put links to at bat 12 including a dead link that says "At bat 12 for blackberry coming soon". My guess is they are either gonna release it in the next few days or for opening day.
    CrackBerry Newbie

if you go to mlb.mlb.com/mobile you can see a blackberry next to get "Get At Bat 12 on your phone."

Maybe its coming?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

but on the non mobile page for at bat it has everything they are supporting listed. even windows phone is on there saying it will be available opening day. if blackberry was going to be released, it would be on that page. so mad about this. I have the lite version sideloaded on my playbook right now but I need it on my phone
    CrackBerry User

Unbelievable... I need it on my BB 9900 too! I suppose sideloading it onto my Playbook would help occasionally (like when at the beach or out on the deck of my cottage [can't get the Jays games on radio there, no signal]), but I often bike or jog while the game is on and reception is always an issue so I need my MLB on my BB I guess I could borrow the wifes iPhone 4 or something, but no bike mount on that... grrr,, bah! So depressing...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Playbook Solution

On your PC choose a game and then the MLB Media Player will pop up. Copy the URL and e-mail it to yourself on your Playbook. Cut and past it into the standard Playbook Browser...........login in and it works perfectly. Used it all last year. Don't need the app!
    Thanked by:
    enigma_flex (03-01-2012) 
    enigma_flex likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

As far as I am concerned the fact that it says on the mobile website that at bat 12 for blackberry is coming soon means it is coming soon! Maybe we should all stop getting so stressed and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it hasnt been released by opening day then we have genuine reason to be pissed off.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enigma_flex View Post
    As far as I am concerned the fact that it says on the mobile website that at bat 12 for blackberry is coming soon means it is coming soon! Maybe we should all stop getting so stressed and give them the benefit of the doubt. If it hasnt been released by opening day then we have genuine reason to be pissed off.
    That would be fine but on the website it has windows phone listed as coming soon. If it was coming soon for blackberry they would say that. Also it would already be out because they already had it developed for bb6 and wouldn't take long to upgrade it to bb7. It just doesn't start make sense why they wouldn't put interest minimal effort and release it.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by enigma_flex View Post
    Where does it say "at bat 12 for blackberry is coming soon"?? I can't find that but will be very happy if that's true!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast