Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Misek just can't see the good.... Afraid of being proven wrong maybe??

Just think about this for second, the device alpha a came an at&t sim card, someone with a developer alpha could tell us how it plays with that network interms of data connection, messaging if that's available. If the developers alpha played nicely with the network a few months back I think the final os should be near perfect and to be honest at&t may have already tested and passed the os. RIM may have been giving the os out to carriers with their world tour which started about two months ago I believe
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

Default Re: Misek just can't see the good.... Afraid of being proven wrong maybe??

I can't take anything Heins says as fact anymore after his first comment was a promise that BB10 would be out in third quarter this year (as in last month) because "RIM doesn't have the option of missing deadlines" and the promptly missed the deadline.

At this point, it will be out when it's out, but I don't believe much of what TH says. He already pulled a Lazaridis.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wouldn't you like to know

Quote Originally Posted by abwan11 View Post
    Peter Misek is a bum, plain and simple, I gave him a dime the other day after he squigied my windshield, front and back mind you. I guess it doesn't pay to be a analyst on the wrong side of things.
    Really? And you have your finger on the pulse of RIM and know he's wrong? If he ends up being right I presume you'll be editing this comment, to remove the attack? Should I subscribe and wait for this to happen?

Probably not.

News and rumours is becoming the equivalent of Storm rants and raves.

Global Posts
    11,453 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by sam_b77 View Post
    My downside comment was more of a short term investor game. Analysts advise for short term gains only. Their bonuses depend on that
    I'm up over $1,700 or 24% since August 22nd. Not bad short term gain.
    Do those who protest the loudest or longest have a lock on the truth?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts

I can't believe how long Eric (Forbes author) has been hating on RIM. Seriously, they have good news and he stoops to the bottom of the barrel to give us the most bearish and most incorrect RIMM analyst feedback. Sad.
    BTW, carrier testing doesn't take 3-6 months. If that was the case, then there would be an iPhone 5s in carrier testing right now, which there isn't.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've traded shots with Misek and his boss Eric Savitz for some years now and while I'm completely ashamed to admit it, they have mostly right and I've been mostly wrong. Tough stuff to swallow but there it is. So far, RIM has lots good intentions and thinly veiled demos but nothing on the market. RIM continues to sit on the sidelines while IOS and Android sell millions of devices and who knows how sticky those customers are going to be. Maybe RIM will have the best OS but if everyone already has a smartphone, what's the point ?

We all are pulling for RIM but let's not overlook the blunders and poor judgment RIM displayed in it's recent history. BB10 looks good but the company has to be smart and DELIVER to even have a chance to turn this train wreck around.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rmjones101 View Post
    With an already proven OS, and incremental hardware, sure...

With what basically amounts to an entirely new player in the field, it's a whole new ballgame. 3 months would be a conservative estimate in this case.
    Actually it isn't conservative, those carriers that mandate such things will have already had this device go through earlier testing before Rim were even allowed to connect them to their network, beyond that point they will simply be following their normal criteria and tests for bb10 handhelds so it will take the same amount of time as always depending on how many issues they need fixing in this first full round of testing.

The only reason that the figure mentioned has tended to be as long as 3 months is due to the Xmas holidays since carrier labs are going to tend to be closed for at least two weeks over that period.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy1966 View Post
    Not so. When we got out first WP phones it took 5 weeks. I can't remember how long it took for the first Android but it certainly wasn't anywhere close to 3 months. What you may not realise is that certain carriers would share info and costs between similar other carriers. For instance, in North America it wouldn't be surprising if T-Mobile and at least one of the 3 AWS carriers in Canada were sharing the testing data and/or costs. It just makes sense. It makes even more sense when you consider that RIM has relationships with 650 carriers across the world, it would be nigh on impossible to launch a phone on time if each and everyone had to run full testing.
    The main thing that reduces the amount of testing a carrier needs to do themselves are the various formal certification programs that mobile handset makers go through prior to releasing a new model such as PTCRB (mainly an American requirement) or GCF certification (commonly required in Europe by the major carriers) as once these are complete then the carriers obviously focus on the areas that matter most to them.

Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    I can't take anything Heins says as fact anymore after his first comment was a promise that BB10 would be out in third quarter this year (as in last month) because "RIM doesn't have the option of missing deadlines" and the promptly missed the deadline.

At this point, it will be out when it's out, but I don't believe much of what TH says. He already pulled a Lazaridis.

I don't think that's a fair comparison, and I've made the point elsewhere that the push back on the release was as much for marketing considerations as it was for technical ones.

Back in June, they pushed the release back by one quarter. And they've stuck by it (if the goal kept slipping, the way all RIM's goals seemed to last year, THEN I'd be worried). Not only has the goal NOT slipped, there has been plentiful evidence that they'll actually meet the current target without any further slippage.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Quote Originally Posted by rmjones101 View Post
    With an already proven OS, and incremental hardware, sure...

With what basically amounts to an entirely new player in the field, it's a whole new ballgame. 3 months would be a conservative estimate in this case.

Swyped or Swifted via TapaTalk on my Galaxy Nexus.
    Although you have a valid point, I believe that a good portion of the testing could have been completed with the 3+ and 4g PlayBooks as im sure there are more similarities than differences No more that 3 months i'd say. Probably less!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EchoTango View Post
    . . . RIM continues to sit on the sidelines while IOS and Android sell millions of devices and who knows how sticky those customers are going to be. Maybe RIM will have the best OS but if everyone already has a smartphone, what's the point ?
    If RIM's fall proves anything it's that customer loyalty really is a fickle matter. . .if BB10 is truly a unique OS and offers a number of compelling features that no other smartphone has, then they have a good shot at gaining good momentum. It took iOS and Android 3-5 years to get where they are. I can see RIM taking the same amount of time to get back a lot of what was lost . . .the key would be offering an experience these users are now use to (a load of apps) as well as features that are better and different from what's currently available
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12