- CrackBerry Master
- 1,211 Posts
Mike Lazaridis Takes A Quantum Leap Of Faith In Waterloo - Nice Read
He is the man however you look at it and I have so much respect for this man on both personal and professional terms. There are 100 reasons which can be attributed to RIM's downturn some RIM's faults and some the competitors were too good because of their background (20 years experience in personal computing) which RIM couldn't match in time and was caught offgaurd but after all that he has got balls to regain his confidence and try something different not succumb to use Windows or Android. No matter however you toss it BB10 is his vision - buying QNX, Tat and other fine pieces like Torch mobile etc. Jan 30th is not too far off to witness the magic unfold. Anyways that aside here is a very nice read on ML and how he transformed the whole city of waterloo with vision and love for Canada..
RIM's Mike Lazaridis Takes A Quantum Leap Of Faith In Waterloo | Fast Company
- 01-17-2013, 01:26 AM #2
Nobody disputes Mike Lazaridis' achievements in forging the era of smartphones almost 20 years ago. He was a visionary and an engineer. As the company he co-founded reached middle-age it became risk averse and blinded by its successful history. He will undoubtedly be featured in MBA courses and business textbooks but his first mistake was taking Research In Motion public and allowing vultures to feast upon the living carcass. Maybe he should walk away from Research In Motion to create another engineering start-up or establish an incubator-type environment for other start-ups.
- 01-17-2013, 01:56 AM #3
Mike L is the man, he's fine where he is. Some of RIMs biggest shareholders are involved as a direct result of Mike L staying put! His legacy is yet to be complete!Judge most Tech Articles by the comments it received, not by what the author is saying! Gets to the truth every time!
- 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM #4
Kitchener is really improving more then waterloo lately I think thoughPhones:
Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 > Bold 9900 >Z10 > Aristo
16GB Playbook> Playbook 32GB + Playbook 16GB > ???
- 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM #6------------------------------------
I keep hearing BlackBerry 10 referred to as a "1.0 operating system". It isn't.
- It isa complete departure from the old BlackBerry Operating System.
- *It is also the next evolution of BlackBerry Tablet OS and has much in common with 1.0-2.1 of the PlayBook Tablet OS
- 01-17-2013, 11:13 AM #7
Watched the opening ceremony for the new section the other day on TV, he is so modest, they just mentioned an anonymous donor who gave $50 million, and didn't say his name once. He stood off to the side, but he was one of several who cut the ribbon.
- 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM #8
- 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM #9Z10 Brigade member
- 01-17-2013, 11:41 AM #10
- By jesseh in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: 01-07-2013, 10:08 PM
- By CROWNontherocks in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-24-2009, 11:48 PM
- By tywest in forum Mac UsersReplies: 3Last Post: 03-28-2009, 02:51 AM
- By MikeTampa in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
- By Berryman in forum News & RumorsReplies: 12Last Post: 04-06-2008, 11:09 PM