Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default MERCEDES AMG PETRONA ‘Keep Moving’ with BlackBerry Partnership

MERCEDES AMG PETRONA ‘Keep Moving’ with BlackBerry Partnership
    4th February 2013
    BlackBerry.com

As the new Silver Arrow, the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS F1 W04, completes its first laps this morning at the Jerez circuit in Spain, the team is delighted to announce a significant new partnership agreement with BlackBerry (NASDAQ: RIMM, TSX: RIM).

As the Official Mobile Computing Partner for the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team, BlackBerry will collaborate with the team on technical and marketing opportunities. The new BlackBerry 10 platform will deliver tools and services for MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS and fan engagement will be improved through the joint development of apps. BlackBerry 10 smartphones will also be used by the team so they can ‘keep moving’ throughout the Formula One season.

The new partnership sees the iconic BlackBerry branding featured prominently on the chassis and headrest of the F1 W04 Silver Arrow, the racesuits of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg, and on the team’s racewear kit. As the Official Mobile Computing Partner, BlackBerry and MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS will be working closely together to develop the team’s use of the BlackBerry 10 platform at the team’s headquarters and at each Grand Prix.

Ross Brawn, Team Principal at the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team commented: “On the day that our new Silver Arrow, the F1 W04, is launched, we are very pleased to announce our partnership with BlackBerry. We are looking forward to embracing the new BlackBerry 10 platform at both a technical and operational level, as well as collaborating with the team at BlackBerry to bring new mobile innovation to MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS. It is especially pleasing to be able to launch this exciting partnership today as the latest Silver Arrow takes to the track with BlackBerry branding.”

Frank Boulben, Chief Marketing Officer at BlackBerry, said: “Formula One is all about precision engineering, design and innovation – three values that mirror the approach that’s gone into creating BlackBerry 10. It is a natural fit for BlackBerry to partner with the MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team to deliver value through technical and marketing collaboration. We have built BlackBerry 10 to keep people moving, and we believe the essence of this will be delivered at many levels through our partnership”.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2bb37f14

I saw a picture of the car, it looks really cool.

I wonder if it's too late for BlackBerry to advertise during the Daytona 500, or be an associate sponsor on a car with a chance of winning. The Daytona 500 is February 24th, and NASCAR is hugely popular in a some parts of the United States. Last year's Daytona 500 averaged 13.7 million viewers, and NASCAR fans' brand loyalty is through the roof, meaning they are extremely likely to use/buy their favorite drivers' sponsors' products. I think BlackBerry would be a great fit, providing their deal with McLaren/Mercedes doesn't bar them from sponsoring another team in another series.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    880 Global Posts

I would love to see BlackBerry in NASCAR 14, 39
    CrackBerry Genius

-au1000300.jpg-au1000301.jpg
    CrackBerry Genius

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    880 Global Posts
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,457 Global Posts

wow its all over
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

-31056697.jpg
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,935 Global Posts

Can't sleep...too excited, this is such a great move.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Will this have any impact on the non-racing Mercedes?? What do you think? I'd give up steak for a yearmonth if I can get CAR2 in a ML350!
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is great to see, Mercedes will be getting a lot of media coverage in the next few years thanks to Lewis Hamilton joining the team so its a very smart move!
    F1 attracts viewers all over the world so its not just a smart UK thing either :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SK122387 View Post
    I saw a picture of the car, it looks really cool.

I wonder if it's too late for BlackBerry to advertise during the Daytona 500, or be an associate sponsor on a car with a chance of winning. The Daytona 500 is February 24th, and NASCAR is hugely popular in a some parts of the United States. Last year's Daytona 500 averaged 13.7 million viewers, and NASCAR fans' brand loyalty is through the roof, meaning they are extremely likely to use/buy their favorite drivers' sponsors' products. I think BlackBerry would be a great fit, providing their deal with McLaren/Mercedes doesn't bar them from sponsoring another team in another series.
    sorry to nit-pick but its the Works Mercedes team.
    Mclaren/mercedes is a completly different outfit and just merely uses the mercedes engine in its Mclaren car :-)
    Currently using an Xperia S but waiting in the wings for a new BB after i got bored of a 9900.....
    Android does most things i need to do but i still beleive BB can do it better...