Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    999 Global Posts

Default Re: List: Confirmed Apps coming to BB10

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Umm CrackBerry did a blog on this of one of the bloggers creating a CB app for BB10...in under 10 minutes I add from the Title.
    That was using the app generator
    Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Default List: Confirmed Apps coming to BB10

AfroZepher,

That is a blunt response from Pandora. Talking like the BB10 will be insignificant and not worth their resources. Another hater?

Regardless, I'm willing to pay for the app. I'll write my contact and report that.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    Thanked by 2:
    AfroZepher (12-07-2012),  r0v3rT3N (12-07-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,949 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ANC View Post
    AfroZepher,

That is a blunt response from Pandora. Talking like the BB10 will be insignificant and not worth their resources. Another hater?

Regardless, I'm willing to pay for the app. I'll write my contact and report that.
    Its BB10, not "the" BB10 as so many call it, just a friendly reminder
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    Sigh. Pandora is the #1 app used on my BB7. There's a Pandora-like app on PB, but I forgot what it was.
    CrackBerry Master

Regarding the following apps - these need to be reflected into the first post of this thread please.

Bloomberg
    Bloomberg AnyWhere (secure trades by many banking/treasury/trade users)
    Reuters
    ReutersPro (Bloomberg AnyWhere equivalent).

Cisco Jabbar
    Cisco AnyConnect
    (and a few others).
    Weapon Of Choice = BlackBerry: Z10
    Amunition = BB10 Full Metal Jacket, the Mobile OS piercing violator!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by DJM626 View Post
    I personally would love to see SIRIUS more so then anything else! I would gladly pay for it, just to be able to plug into my car whenever I wanted it
    SiriusXM is already listed as a partner for BB10.
    First post in this thread has their company logo.
    Weapon Of Choice = BlackBerry: Z10
    Amunition = BB10 Full Metal Jacket, the Mobile OS piercing violator!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    873 Global Posts

TuneIn radio is in the photo in the OP post. Just right of youtube.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    784 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post

The BB10 (platform). Used as an adjective. Noun implied and omitted for brevity.

Fun with English.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Newbie

For UK users I have just e-mailed Bskyb and asked if a SkyGo app is currently in development or even in the pipeline. Considering the BlackBerry sponsor one of their channels I would like to think so or else RIM should look to try and influence Sky. This will be the MAJOR app in my decision to stick with Blackberry or go elsewhere (most likely windows phone 8). I will post the reply as soon as I get it.
    Thanked by 2:
    3Dee (12-17-2012),  AfroZepher (12-09-2012) 
    3Dee and AfroZepher like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post
    The response I got was a bit more . . ."direct". . .

Got to keep hounding maybe?
    Truth is Pandora isn't profitable. Maybe forward the request to RIM maybe they will send over the troops
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dentynefire View Post
    Truth is Pandora isn't profitable. Maybe forward the request to RIM maybe they will send over the troops
    All I've done so far was send a tweet https://twitter.com/AfroZepher/statu...37903303266304. . .lol. . .RIM isn't as easy to reach as Pandora. . .LOL
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Response doesn't sound too promising

I received the following email from Sky and despite RIM uk giving them money they don't appear to be in any hurry to support BlackBerry 10

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.
    We*are constantly working to improve and expand the Sky*services to make it more widely available.

Currently however, we do not have any information regarding the future releases of Sky*services and itís availability on new*mobile handsets or firmware versions.

Any news regarding these developments will be made available through the Sky*website, www.sky.com*so check regularly for updates.
    I*trust this information has been of help to you, however, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our team on the above email address or by calling 08442 411 522 between 8am and 11pm.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: List: Confirmed Apps coming to BB10

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post

Cool printing app check it out.
    Playcloud for  10
    Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    PlayCloud 10 is built from the Cascades SDK to get the best from the device (C++)

You can read my post about the PlayCloud review :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

With this application, you can manage dropbox, box, skydrive, Google drive cloud accounts and webdav, ftp, ftp over ssl, sftp...

Webdav should be work with iCloud...

PlayCloud does much more

You will be able to discover all features at blackberry 10 launch

Nicolas
    Thanked by 4:
    BB_Bmore (12-11-2012),  David in Durham (12-13-2012),  thekidshop (01-21-2013),  Thunderbuck (12-13-2012) 
    jcbrunson and thekidshop like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by greatwiseone View Post
    The good thing is Evernote, Flipboard, Pulse, and Whatsapp should all work as sideloaded Android apps (I have all except Whatsapp running on the dev alpha). I rather these companies just put an android port on for now and then do a Cascades version later...at least it'll be there for launch.
    Don't worry, Evernote will be there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Received this response from MyFitnesspal (I mentioned it was easy to port android apps, hence their explanation):

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, and for expressing your interest in a Blackberry 10 version of the MyFitnessPal app. RIM does provide a means for porting simple Android apps to the BlackBerry AppWorld. Unfortunately, due to its complexity, the MyFitnessPal for Android app is not a candidate for this easy porting process. The MyFitnessPal application will not be available at launch for the Blackberry 10 mobile operating system and we have no estimate for when a native application will be available.

Our program is also always available via the website at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com. Just sign into the members log in area with the same username and password you currently use. Regardless of the device or how you access our program, if the program is available via app, tablet or website, then you should be able to access your account in all places with the same username and password.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,

Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by chrissymckay View Post
    I received the following email from Sky and despite RIM uk giving them money they don't appear to be in any hurry to support BlackBerry 10

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.
    We*are constantly working to improve and expand the Sky*services to make it more widely available.

Currently however, we do not have any information regarding the future releases of Sky*services and it’s availability on new*mobile handsets or firmware versions.

Any news regarding these developments will be made available through the Sky*website, www.sky.com*so check regularly for updates.
    I*trust this information has been of help to you, however, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our team on the above email address or by calling 08442 411 522 between 8am and 11pm.
    Doesn't necessarily mean they aren't developing, just the people you contacted don't have the authority to tell you/don't know. Can't imagine Sky app is a huge priority of the BB10 dev relations team but who knows...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

Hey OP you need to add Evernote because it was talked about on CB blog front page about having deep integration. So we Know it's coming!
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 12-12-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoof View Post
    Sigh. Pandora is the #1 app used on my BB7. There's a Pandora-like app on PB, but I forgot what it was.
    I believe "Apollo" is the app that you are looking for, it uses your login info for Pandora and allows you to access Pandora through the Apollo interface. I downloaded it for my PB, used it once while I was cooking dinner but can't recall what the experience was like because it was more of a use it/set it and forget it when dinner was cooking!
    Gun Control: For those willing to rest their life on the conscience of a criminal.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
    *Not valid in CA, HI, DC. May vary by location.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts

I've written to the Support on all my favorite apps through App World's provide feedback link asking if they will offer on the BB10 platform.

Tapatalk first to answer. Said "Its not known right now."
    based on how many of those generic responses I've seen so far they're doing a "wait and see" approach. Unfortunately both BB10 and WP8 are suffering from the catch-22 of which comes first, the chicken or the egg:
    They need developers to get on board to succeed, but developers wait to see if it'll be successful before they commit.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    based on how many of those generic responses I've seen so far they're doing a "wait and see" approach. Unfortunately both BB10 and WP8 are suffering from the catch-22 of which comes first, the chicken or the egg:
    They need developers to get on board to succeed, but developers wait to see if it'll be successful before they commit.
    Yeah, I agree. I bet most of these responses saying "Not known right now, or we don't know any information at the moment" are probably having to keep a secret in not revealing anything. Now that is what my theory is, and so it's 50/50 in my eyes.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Jake Storm likes this.

Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
    SiriusXM is already listed as a partner for BB10.
    First post in this thread has their company logo.
    Unfortunately, if you read through ALL the posts, someone who likely works for SXM stated that he didn't think they had an active BB10 project right now. The good news is that SXM's web player is now excellent and works on the PlayBook and BB10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDEB75

you can add textgram to list of confirmed apps they tweeted a video saying its the first of its kind coming to BB10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    http://Collegiaterevenue.ws ..make money with me
    CrackBerry Addict

Flipboard puh-lease!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

AfroZepher,

I don't get it. Pandora has an app for QNX CAR 2. Isn't it the same OS than BB10, so can't they just repackage the same app for BB10 or even the playbook. The playbook even has the same size and aspect ratio than the screen on the QNX CAR. Anybody know why this would be?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by gtpointer View Post
    Can't imagine Sky app is a huge priority of the BB10 dev relations team but who knows...
    I disagree. I would have thought that the different Sky apps would be a priority for the UK market.
    As Thorsten has sais previously, RIM are looking to get the top few hundred apps for each territory, and as Sky's apps are some of the most used apps in the UK (along with the BBC iPlayer), then those apps would/should be a priority for the dev relations team.

Someone posted here a couple of weeks ago about Steve Dixon (Sky News anchor) tweeting about having a 2hour demo/play with BB10. I contacted Steve (via Twitter) and asked him to get his colleagues at Sky to develop their apps for BB10. He replied that it would be a good idea, but he wouldn't know who to e-mail.

Si.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast