Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree465Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

Lines at Canadian retailers-sourcez10.jpg Lines at Canadian retailers-z10black.jpg

Sold out locally in Waterloo, Ontario at The Source as of 1:55 pm except for 1 black and 1 white phone at the Conestoga Mall. I doubt the one showing as being on hand is actually in the store now.

The Source won't ship until March 1st from the online ordering site.
    Thanked by 2:
    Acumenight (02-05-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

A lot of BlackBerry Z10s are showing up in Kijiji (within 160 kms of Kitchener/Waterloo). Asking prices for mostly locked to carrier phones are CAD $700 to $1,200. Offers appear to be in the CAD $500 range for both unlocked and locked. One shows sold in Brampton at CAD $1,100.

Prices and quantities available are similar on E-Bay, pretty well all non-negotiable and no returns.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Several "from Canada" Z10's new to eBay today.
    Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Abuser

Awww what a lovely new, I am counting days to have mine.
    Happy first day with your new and awesome BB Z10!!!
    White Z10 | STL 100-3 Official: 10.2.1.537 aka 10.2.1.1925 | Telcel
    Previous OS Leak:10.2.1.1055 aka 10.2.1.176
    64GB PlayBook BB Lover
    CrackBerry Master

Is it worth driving around to find a white z10 from Rogers or should I just wait a bit?
    CrackBerry Master

London Drugs will be selling them and according to their web site are already anticipating new shipments later today and later this week.

The new BlackBerry Z10 arrived at all London Drugs stores this morning with additional shipments coming this afternoon, and again later this week. London Drugs will also be carrying a range of accessories for the BlackBerry Z10.
    And in what I would consider an encouraging note:

London Drugs customer service representatives will be available to demonstrate the new BlackBerry Z10, as well as support customers in the migration of their information from previous devices.
    On the other hand less encouraging:

The BlackBerry® Q10 (touch with physical keyboard) will be available to global retailers in April 2013. London Drugs will also be carrying the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone.
    London Drugs Blog
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emstardeluxe View Post
    Is it worth driving around to find a white z10 from Rogers or should I just wait a bit?
    I went in to pick up my two in Ancaster, as soon as I walked in the door and said I'm here for the Z10's she said she only has a few white left. They are at 73 Wilson Street, Ancaster, Ontario if you want to call them.
    Thanked by:
    emstardeluxe (02-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #183  

this phone is awesome. I know I read in a post that there is no landscape mode in texting or BBM. I dont know about anyone else but it works fine for me.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ing for the fjords

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ANC View Post
    WHAT!? a BB10 Torch! Suh-Weet!
    *pokes head out of groundhog hole*

Huh? Whut? BB-10 Torch?!?

*sees shadow, hides*
    jakie55, r0v3rT3N and Tim-ANC like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25BEAAE3

I played with a demo unit at a store today. The only thing I have to ask is can you change the font size of the predictive text? I wear glasses for reading but dont need them for my phone, or while on the computer, but I found the words on the keyboard a bit too hard to read.

I could not change the settings on the one at the store, because it was in demo mode
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emstardeluxe View Post
    It depends on how long you would like to wait. I suspect the distribution chain in Canada has a lot of devices available but that individual stores kept quantities on hand low so they would not get stuck with inventory. Canadian retailers are definitely reluctant to stock any product in quantity preferring to have only a few of each item in store and back-order where demand is strong.

If you can wait for a week or two, I am sure you will be able to find the phone you want. If you want one in the next day or so, phone around to check with local retailers first. Most will set aside a device for a couple of hours anyway if they have one in stock..
    PlayBook 64GB, PlayBook 32GB (gone the way of my Coleco ADAM)
    Thanked by:
    emstardeluxe (02-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vorpalz View Post
    *pokes head out of groundhog hole*

Huh? Whut? BB-10 Torch?!?

*sees shadow, hides*
    LOL, I just couldn't resist.
    Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enyigma View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sourcez10.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	134157 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z10Black.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	134158

Sold out locally in Waterloo, Ontario at The Source as of 1:55 pm except for 1 black and 1 white phone at the Conestoga Mall. I doubt the one showing as being on hand is actually in the store now.

The Source won't ship until March 1st from the online ordering site.
    i an confirm the white phone at conestoga is an inventory mistake. they have none
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes
    100%. Will take a pic of the chaos as soon as I get my z10 fired up
    Quote Originally Posted by 93Aero View Post
    awesome, any thoughts as to what your new CB screen name will be?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    lol my name is about the bold 9000 anyway not the 9900. bold until HYBRID comes. The hybrid phone ended up being the 9900, called the bold again. Keeping the name!!!
    Yeah, but time to change your sig. That Z10 ain't reserved no mo'!
    Pete
    AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1154

Just chill the hell out. It's pretty bad when I'M the voice of reason. lol - Bla1ze
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ppeters914 View Post
    Yeah, but time to change your sig. That Z10 ain't reserved no mo'!
    changing signature right now!! Thank you
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone know about unlocking them?
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx6 View Post
    Anyone know about unlocking them?
    thats what im worrying about next too. havent looked into it.

freemyblackberry.com doesnt have it on their list of devices
    CrackBerry Abuser

Line up at the start of the day here in Peterborough, ON, Canada at the main mall. Went to TELUS store at 1:30 pm and got the last one!!! whew! I was in and out in 30 min with my new Z10 all set up and ready to rock. Got home and my wife already got hers and was playing with it. We just stopped now for dinner at 5:30.......time to eat. Things were seamless at the store and the dudes knew their stuff. Even took my old Torch, and did the transfer for me via BB Link right there and I was set to go! very happy........

First impressions (used for 3 hrs so far) :browser is fast. phone is fast and responsive. screen is crisp and bright. feels good in hand (ie: balance and texture), very swipey and now I get the whole "flow'' talk. battery is not heating up with 3 hrs straight use.......could right more but time to eat and get back to my phone!.......very happy so far. glad I got one!
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zombie73 View Post
    Line up at the start of the day here in Peterborough, ON, Canada at the main mall. Went to TELUS store at 1:30 pm and got the last one!!! whew! I was in and out in 30 min with my new Z10 all set up and ready to rock. Got home and my wife already got hers and was playing with it. We just stopped now for dinner at 5:30.......time to eat. Things were seamless at the store and the dudes knew their stuff. Even took my old Torch, and did the transfer for me via BB Link right there and I was set to go! very happy........

First impressions (used for 3 hrs so far) :browser is fast. phone is fast and responsive. screen is crisp and bright. feels good in hand (ie: balance and texture), very swipey and now I get the whole "flow'' talk. battery is not heating up with 3 hrs straight use.......could right more but time to eat and get back to my phone!.......very happy so far. glad I got one!
    i can confirm all of your impressions of the device.
    Thanked by:
    q649 (02-05-2013) 
    alan510 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Demand seems quite robust in Canada. I checked The Source website, and it looks like they're down to under 60 Black Bell Z10s in BC, and 13 in Toronto, with 12 of the 16 Toronto stores sold out.

Not sure how many they started with, but it seems likely that they will clear 90%+ of the store stock at The Source out on the first day.
    Thanked by:
    kelexiong (02-05-2013) 
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Cool Long May Your BlackBerry Jib Draw!

Got my 1st Smartphone Ever Today: #Z10 - The only phone I've seen worth buying yet this millennium! #BlackBerry10 just brought sexy back! EPIC!!!
    (About time someone put some thought into proper business and social information management.)

I literally got the last (black) one at the RogersPlus in my neighbourhood in Ottawa, and was surprised to see people had to then be turned away. Excellent device to grow-on imo.

Very happy camper so far ....now back to the fun Woot Woot!!
    Last edited by OnTheBerry; 02-05-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onvisa View Post
    True blackberry people, we will wait outside in the cold to get the Z10, thats true beliver in BB, NOT like the iphone people.
    If I get a new BB at all, won't be waiting in line for it. As a retired Soldier, I'll be damned if I voluntarily wait in a line ever again, unless it's to see an Alabama football game.
    March of the Smartphones: Handspring Visor with Digital Link > Handspring Treo 600 > Sprint PPC 6700 > Palm Centro > Blackberry Tour 9630 > Blackberry Bold 9650 > Blackberry Torch 9850 > Palm Treo 755p > Blackberry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4s (issued by work) > Palm Treo 755p > BlackBerry Bold 9930 > BlackBerry Q10
    ctuffy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm in Guelph too, but on business in Bangalore. Just reading the action on my PlayBook.

Cannot believe the comments from CNBC that 10 will fail be because no instgram. What's. Instagram? I am serious. Can these idiots deny it's on its way to being a success?
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

If your looking for one in Waterloo Region good luck, was at Rogers to pick mine up and over heard the sales rep saying they sold 70,000 in the region alone. if that's true that another story.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by TGaT View Post
    If your looking for one in Waterloo Region good luck, was at Rogers to pick mine up and over heard the sales rep saying they sold 70,000 in the region alone. if that's true that another story.
    70,000 would be about a quarter of the population of Waterloo + Kitchener. Methinks you got some bad info.
    schmeat and mikeo007 like this.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast