Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree486Likes

Default Re: Lines at Canadian retailers

-35C Where I live today. Those people were cold waiting for their new phones lol
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.2.1.2947 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
    CrackBerry Addict

Bell in Calgary is completely sold out. I was given a card at one store and told to phone each day to determine availability. They weren't expect phones till Thursday. Long list ahead of me.
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts

The impression I get is that stocks were very very small at Canadian stores if any were stocked at all. Not surprising since few retailers take any risk here. They wait to see first if there is any demand and then order a few after that and mostly only to fill back-orders. It is very difficult on that basis to tell if there is success for a particular time until the quarterly results are released. Perhaps an indicator will be whether the units that showed up on Kijiji and E-Bay sell at or near the asking price. I presume the folks that bought the units only to resell them are seeking high returns from the US market. So far, the offer in Canada for units (CAD$300 to CAD$500) is about half of the asking price (CAD$700 to CAD$1,200). If the same units remain for sale on Kijiji and E-Bay after a day or so, that would tell me there is not a lot of pent-up demand. I am not here to put down the unit (I think its great), but wonder where the actual consumer demand lies given the tepid press reviews.
    PlayBook 64GB, PlayBook 32GB (gone the way of my Coleco ADAM)
    Banned

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E

About a month ago, in the comment sections of all the BlackBerry stories on Forbes, Yahoo, etc., leading up to the release, I came over posted on CB and asked if anyone else noticed that about 3-4 out of 10 posts in the stories were iOS and Android users saying things like, "iOS is boring I'm switching!" or, "Damn buggy Android is going in the trash soon!." It was then that I went out and loaded up on shares....Man, I've been playing these BBRY stock dips (formerly RIMM) like the Rach 3! Mo' money Mo' money Mo' money
    These lines are VERY good signs folks....as Goldman Sachs said....use the current price as a buying opportunity....this bad boy is going over $20....maybe even to the +$40 level that some analysts scoffed at.
    jfguay2 and Tom689 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Enyigma View Post
    The impression I get is that stocks were very very small at Canadian stores if any were stocked at all. Not surprising since few retailers take any risk here. They wait to see first if there is any demand and then order a few after that and mostly only to fill back-orders. It is very difficult on that basis to tell if there is success for a particular time until the quarterly results are released.
    If at all?
    In Vancouver, most of the places that I checked had brisk sales and a lot of people stopping in to check it out.
    I had to be to "The Source" in order to take it for a spin.
    After I did, I had to get it right away.
    Banned

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E

The impression I get is that stocks were very very small at Canadian stores if any were stocked at all. Not surprising since few retailers take any risk here. They wait to see first if there is any demand and then order a few after that and mostly only to fill back-orders.
    BlackBerry 10 sales look set for record on first day in Canada | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emstardeluxe View Post
    Is it worth driving around to find a white z10 from Rogers or should I just wait a bit?
    Cambridge centre best buy mobile had one left right before close
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Banned

The impression I get is that stocks were very very small at Canadian stores if any were stocked at all.
    Doesn't matter since every single sale counts! I'm really looking forward to buying this in my country specially after some exciting responses from Bold_until_hybrid and many others..

Thanks everyone!
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-05-2013) 
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TGaT View Post
    If your looking for one in Waterloo Region good luck, was at Rogers to pick mine up and over heard the sales rep saying they sold 70,000 in the region alone. if that's true that another story.
    that story is bull****..

The region has a population of approx 500,000. if 70,000 people got it that would be 14% of all people on day one. No way
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000

C000288CC
    cjcampbell likes this.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Strange2R View Post
    Doesn't matter since every single sale counts! I'm really looking forward to buying this in my country specially after some exciting responses from Bold_until_hybrid and many others..

Thanks everyone!
    welcome to crackberry. It truly lives up to the excitment!!!

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

The impression I get is that stocks were very very small at Canadian stores if any were stocked at all. Not surprising since few retailers take any risk here. They wait to see first if there is any demand and then order a few after that and mostly only to fill back-orders. It is very difficult on that basis to tell if there is success for a particular time until the quarterly results are released. Perhaps an indicator will be whether the units that showed up on Kijiji and E-Bay sell at or near the asking price. I presume the folks that bought the units only to resell them are seeking high returns from the US market. So far, the offer in Canada for units (CAD$300 to CAD$500) is about half of the asking price (CAD$700 to CAD$1,200). If the same units remain for sale on Kijiji and E-Bay after a day or so, that would tell me there is not a lot of pent-up demand. I am not here to put down the unit (I think its great), but wonder where the actual consumer demand lies given the tepid press reviews.
    links or it didn't happen.
    I think it's clear stores had stock. And the stock got sold. It's is best to keep demand high for more then 1day!
    Spin it how you wish. It's just spin!
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-05-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Is there a way to simply buy a Z10 without a contract?
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victoriavictor View Post
    Is there a way to simply buy a Z10 without a contract?
    there is pricing from the canadian carriers without a contract. I did not inquire at any stores today but a lot of people are saying they are having trouble buying it outright despite this. I think they are prefering to give the few units they do have to contract people. It is/will be possible to get it with no contract though. about $600 plus tax

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Addict

I called 3 futureshops today. Here is the response.
    1st one sold out for all except one BELL left
    2nd one Sold out period, I was offered to put my name. Then I asked the guy whether he liked it or not, he is lilke "**** yeah" and he is buying it. I asked him what are you currently using..He answered Anroid..I asked him why switch ? He goes I am sick of iphone and Anroid sucks..

3rd one...sold out..
    Banned

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E

Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    I called 3 futureshops today. Here is the response.
    1st one sold out for all except one BELL left
    2nd one Sold out period, I was offered to put my name. Then I asked the guy whether he liked it or not, he is lilke "**** yeah" and he is buying it. I asked him what are you currently using..He answered Anroid..I asked him why switch ? He goes I am sick of iphone and Anroid sucks..

3rd one...sold out..
    I'm no financial advisor (other than for myself) but I would say THAT is a helluva stock BUY signal...better get some now
    sbx9900 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Loads of scalpers....
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    Loads of scalpers....
    blackberry z10 in Cell Phones & Smartphones | eBay

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfgang View Post
    I'm no financial advisor (other than for myself) but I would say THAT is a helluva stock BUY signal...better get some now
    Yes, If all go well for BB, this is $50 stock by end of this year..They jsut need to sell 10 mil units to move the stock high..remember it's global launch..and The world will buy over 1200 mill phones this year..
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBNation View Post
    Yes, If all go well for BB, this is $50 stock by end of this year..They jsut need to sell 10 mil units to move the stock high..remember it's global launch..and The world will buy over 1200 mill phones this year..
    wasnt the estimate 18 million for break even? I think?

C000288CC
    CrackBerry Master

Earlier today in Vancouver
    At Telus’s Robson Street store [Telus's headquarters store], crowds started early as buyers snapped up the new phones or stopped by to pick up their pre-ordered Z10s.

“The store is insane right now,” Telus spokesman Shawn Hall said. “It’s still early but since we launched the BlackBerry Z10 on pre-order we’ve seen a very positive response from customers.”

BCE reported record orders, with the Z10 topping all earlier BlackBerry smartphones, and the smartphones sold out at some Rogers stores.

“It was an outstanding day for Rogers, the devices were flying off the shelves. Some stores sold out and we’re just getting more stock coming in,” said Rogers representative Sara Holland, adding that customers were waiting at the Rogers store at Jervis and Davie when it opened at 10 a.m. Tuesday

Read more: BlackBerry Z10 shows some zip on opening day
    Thanked by:
    cjcampbell (02-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A544D8

Blackberry Z10 Latest Model 16 GB White Unlocked Smartphone | eBay

Z10 sold yesterday for $2068. There are 100s of completed listings for z10s sold over $1k.

Biggest I saw was this $2068, or 2 for $3600.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    766 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    thank you, also very cool...
    oil.....is it really worth it?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts

CTV's Canada AM reported that Z10 sales were strong yesterday but regions differed in market response. Some markets sold out quickly while little interest was shown at others. They broadcast pictures from a few locations though they did not say where. Some had lineups perhaps 30 deep and others had no one. They cited little interest in Ottawa with one interviewed salesman stating a lack of awareness by the public. Link to the report:: CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

I am keeping an eye on E-Bay and Kijiji. Listings have grown overnight and fixed asking prices remain high (CAD$700 to CAD$1,900). Offers have gone up to CAD$600 on Kijiji (within 310 km of Waterloo, Ontario). E-Bay shows bids for auctions expiring in an hour at around CAD$900 for an unlocked Z10. That tells me there is sufficient initial demand out there that stores will continue selling briskly once they restock.

[Edit] A winning bid on E-Bay just went for USD$950 for an unlocked Z10. Click here
    Last edited by Enyigma; 02-06-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

To expect line ups when it is being sold at every single carrier store, walmart, costco, etc across the country is unrealistic. Apple phones are sold in only a few stores to create buzz.
    Thanked by 2:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-06-2013),  jarrodmeyer (02-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    To expect line ups when it is being sold at every single carrier store, walmart, costco, etc across the country is unrealistic.
    I would tend to agree. There are three stores in the small plaza nearby selling the Z10. The local mall has a dozen stores and kiosks all selling the Z10. All are sold out.

The local press is very positive and confirms the Z10 has sold out locally: Click here
    Last edited by Enyigma; 02-06-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast