Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

I'm afraid that the screen looks very worryingly ugly once you open up to the icons (in my opinion), like here:

Leak ! Hot !!! Picture of BB 10 (X10) or may be BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C qwerty-blackberry-x10-n-series-2.jpg

If that's the way it'll be by the time it launches January 30th, the L Series' keyboard will have to be complete and utter rubbish in order to sway me to the N Series - and I really doubt it is.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

Default Leak ! Hot !!! Picture of BB 10 (X10) or may be BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C qwerty

I gotta say I like it a lot better now seeing the OS on it live.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Dev C or X10 doesn't cut it. The screen needs to be much larger - take the TK Justice as an example of what the QWERTY phone should really be. If RIM came out with a phone that looked anything like the "TK Justice", I'd buy 2 on launch day - one to just look at, the other for daily usage.

If anything, RIM engineers should have made both the QWERTY and all-touch phones physically the same size, with the keyboard being the major difference. Imagine, if you will, the screen on the all-touch model .... once a user activates the keyboard, a good portion of screen content is hidden by the keyboard. Now imagine the same would apply on the QWERTY model, except permanently because of the physical keyboard. If required, one could scroll up or down to catch the rest of the content.

Making the UI (size, etc) the same for 2 physically different screen sizes won't work as well as envisioned.

I'll opt for a London next upgrade. As much as I prefer a QWERTY phone, this "X10" isn't winning me over - at all.
    Thanked by:
    Syrous44 (12-30-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

The TK Justice does indeed pull off the screen much better, it looks much more "roomy" with three rows of icons instead of just two.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    990 Global Posts

Default Leak ! Hot !!! Picture of BB 10 (X10) or may be BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C qwerty

Interesting to read how many people have decided to buy the z10 after swearing they needed a keyboard all this time. After owning an iPhone for a while, I really wanted to go back to the qwerty myself, but after seeing it I'm not so sure. Something about this phone just doesn't look right (to me), and I don't know what it is.
    qbnkelt likes this.
  6. BGK
    CrackBerry Master

This is just someone yanking our chains ! It's hardly larger than the 9900 screen. Can't be the final product. IMO
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Default Re: Leak ! Hot !!! Picture of BB 10 (X10) or may be BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C qwerty

Quote Originally Posted by sallenthornton View Post
    Interesting to read how many people have decided to buy the z10 after swearing they needed a keyboard all this time. After owning an iPhone for a while, I really wanted to go back to the qwerty myself, but after seeing it I'm not so sure. Something about this phone just doesn't look right (to me), and I don't know what it is.
    To me it looks like a 3 year old design. It's the same as the 9900 the only difference is the screen and the keyboard. Yes the 9900 was a huge hit for rim but you would think that for BB10 they would come up with a better design. This phone doesn't look new to me. I'll go full touch instead of this one
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

Smaller icons and it might do just fine. Since Kevin has said that RIM does check out CB...I am sure they are reading this feedback and coming up with new ideas. This CANNOT be Final Hardware as this is the 2nd pics to surface.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Banned

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #59  

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    Smaller icons and it might do just fine. Since Kevin has said that RIM does check out CB...I am sure they are reading this feedback and coming up with new ideas. This CANNOT be Final Hardware as this is the 2nd pics to surface.
    Yes, you right
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

very cool :-)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by vegas33139 View Post
    Potential BB customers will see that in the shop and see a same old same old Blackberry phone. Have RIM forgot it's **** or bust with BB10. Most unimpressed if this is the BB10 qwerty device. We shall see.
    I totally agree, this X10 if this is the finished device will go down like the Hindenburg lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    6,078 Global Posts

Default Re: Leak ! Hot !!! Picture of BB 10 (X10) or may be BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha C qwerty

Quote Originally Posted by Nindia View Post
    I like the back more than the front but there's not much else you can do with a qwerty candybar phone that is better than the 9900 anyway.

I will have this phone when it comes out...however I'm still going to give the L series a try first. If I get used to the keyboard on that, I may not even go to the qwerty model (except maybe for my work phone).
    so agree have the 9930 and love the keyboard, but am so gonna try out the L series first, bring on 2013.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

You know I've never been really partial to the Bold style design. I like the QWERTY keyboard and I like a bigger screen so I went with the Torch. However, looking at the pixs of this X10.. I really like it. I'm going to pick up z10 cause screen size does it for me and I think the new virtual keyboard with all the innovations that RIM has put into it confirms my choice. But I think design looks very clean and to me simplicity is perfection.. I think it'll sell well even if it stays with this design... especially knowing it's running BB10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

This has to be the dev c or a mid to entry level qwerty device. If not Rim just screwed themselves in the sales department of the n10 as a flag ship device. This thing is very bland and cheap looking other then the screen and the keypad.

I also agree with many others, the icon trey needs to be redesigned for the qwerty device as having those large Icons just kills it for me. I understand the push for the full touch device, which actually had grown on me and looks rather well polished. But the n series really looks dated and of low quality, regardless of how well it will perform os wise. The 9900 looks premium and high class product, this thing does not come close at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #65  

Quote Originally Posted by YakuzaCH View Post
    very cool :-)
    Yes, you right me too
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123