Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree242Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Kim Komando tells US to not buy a Z10... I don't think she knows it's not for sale yet

Was listening to the radio yesterday and a blip from Kim came on with a review of the sales for the Z10 being lackluster. She went on to say that I shouldn't go buy a Z10 yet. I kinda laughed at her ignorance about the truth on the sales and the fact that it isn't for sale in the US yet.

Did some investigating on her site (witch is super cluttered), and found that she read from a UK article from the guardian:

BlackBerry Z10 sales lower than expected, analysts say | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Is there some way to reach out to her and tell her to check her facts?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B5A11B6

who's kim komando?

edit: nevermind. wikied her. no biggie... she's just being ignorance.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jafrul View Post
    who's kim komando?

Well said. Sigh.
    jafrul, JR A and bobauckland like this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I wonder if the marketing budget has room to pay off the radio and tv "tech gurus" (i use that term loosely) You know they are only as loyal as the latest company to give them payola.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts

The vast global media conspiracy resurfaces!!!!
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,702 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

Yeah, she totally killed her credibility on that bit. I don't think she knew it wasn't on sale yet. Ridiculous. Let her know it!
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by 4:
    jafrul (02-28-2013),  Made in flanders (02-28-2013),  R Field (02-28-2013),  sonbuster (03-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Agree with Kevin... in Radio unlike print.... complaints are taken far more seriously as it takes more effort to complain about a Radio spot than a Blog..... enough complaints and the syndicator actually starts taking it serious.....
    Thanked by:
    mrzeolite (02-28-2013) 
    Bobcat665, jafrul and bungaboy like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    Even the honest bears can admit that there has been a (successful) dedicated effort to beat down the BBRY name over the past few years.

What other company, not having yet released it's new product, would receive advanced reviews such as 'BB10 -DOA', or my favorite headline from Forbes: "BlackBerry 10 May Have Been An Enormous, Record-Breaking Flop" - despite pretty compelling evidence to the contrary.

Not sure why you've taken on the role of 'Debbie-Downer' on this forum....you really don't seem to want BB10 to succeed, do you?
    Thanked by 3:
    bungaboy (03-02-2013),  TommyBB (02-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Banned

Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kcdist View Post
    Even the honest bears can admit that there has been a (successful) dedicated effort to beat down the BBRY name over the past few years.

What other company, not having yet released it's new product, would receive advanced reviews such as 'BB10 -DOA', or my favorite headline from Forbes: "BlackBerry 10 May Have Been An Enormous, Record-Breaking Flop" - despite pretty compelling evidence to the contrary.

Not sure why you've taken on the role of 'Debbie-Downer' on this forum....you really don't seem to want BB10 to succeed, do you?
    To the contrary. I want them to succeed, but they appear to be losing their last chance. I'm not a debby downer, I am a realist. Not a Zed-Loving Zealot (I just invented that) even though I have one. It's OK. I am not writing all of the articles. And it isn't a conspiracy, in spite of what some may thing. It's simply reporting a business that dragged itself down through not innovating (THAT'S OLD NEWS) and not moving quickly enough. Do I want them to succeed. Yes. Do I own stock. No. Will I buy. When it gets low enough.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

Of course there is not a 'global media conspiracy". There are, however, biased and misinformed journalists who often get facts wrong, leave out important facts, twist facts etc. Positive and negative.
    Thanked by 5:
    bigbmc26 (02-28-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-27-2013),  Cesare21 (02-28-2013),  ddlax22 (02-28-2013),  TommyBB (02-28-2013) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts

And there are many who have hyped up expectations so high that the reality is a let down...
    tchocky77 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

There are some pretty damning reports about BB, to which I notice the majority surface from the US. I don't think there is any "conspiracy" persay, but one would have to be pretty ignorant to not realize there are some strong alternate agenda's a foot to discredit this new platform. It could be folks concerned employers may turn back to BB if the platform gains momentum, thus forcing them out of an ecosystem they have grown to like, or it could be simple US protectionizm. either way, its pretty tuff not to notice some of these negative reviews don't carry the water they claim IMO.

Its a pretty compelling device, and anyone that has truly opened their mind to experience it, has a high level of praise for it.
    Thanked by 8:
    bigbmc26 (02-28-2013),  bungaboy (03-02-2013),  Cesare21 (02-28-2013),  Dapper37 (02-28-2013),  Jonesy1966 (02-27-2013),  spyeagle (02-28-2013),  TommyBB (02-28-2013) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Yeah, she totally killed her credibility on that bit. I don't think she knew it wasn't on sale yet. Ridiculous. Let her know it!
    Maybe you could set her straight on the facts about the BlackBerry Z10 as a guest on her radio show. You seem to have a certain way of making biased interviewers expose themselves as fools.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts

What not just bombard her on Twitter and prove to her how right you are and how wrong she is.
    Bet that'll work.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

To the contrary. I want them to succeed, but they appear to be losing their last chance.
    This is the only credible statement you have contributed to the discussion. But we can all agree BlackBerry continues to stumble through the dark without realising the light switch is within an arm's length. The television advertisements in Canada for BlackBerry Z10 from Bell and Rogers - sounds like a boring accounting firm - while entertaining do nothing to showcase why Jane Q. Public should consider this smartphone.
    alan510 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    583 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jafrul View Post
    who's kim komando?

Classic! "just being ignorance". You gotta love it!!

Kim Kommando is just a reader. She collects articles from different news media and reads them on her low browed radio show. She really has no idea what she is talking about. She's just reading whatever someone hands her and has proven time after time that she has no knowledge about many things she claims to have expertise.

Global Posts
    33,438 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Email sent!!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-27-2013) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

What not just bombard her on Twitter and prove to her how right you are and how wrong she is.
    Bet that'll work.
    Twitter attacks are juvenile and generally say more about the respondents than the original tweet starter. Besides in 140 characters the best defence is a URL to factual sources whether positive or negative or mixed.
    CrackBerry Genius

To the contrary. I want them to succeed, but they appear to be losing their last chance. I'm not a debby downer, I am a realist.
    It's funny you call yourself a "realist" (a common cop out) saying BlackBerry is "losing their last chance" when one would read reports like the one from Glentel about solid demand for the Z10, or Heins announcing the increase in production. Maybe you're the one not facing the reality that a lot of people like or want the Z10 because you simply don't like yours that much.
    As for high expectations, I had two years worth of it built up and it has been a tremendous success for me, but thank you for your concern. This device is a joy to use. Not everyone will feel the same, of course, but that doesn't matter to me.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    Thanked by 5:
    bigbmc26 (02-28-2013),  bungaboy (03-02-2013),  Prince_Poppycock (02-28-2013),  TommyBB (02-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

To the contrary. I want them to succeed, but they appear to be losing their last chance. I'm not a debby downer, I am a realist. Not a Zed-Loving Zealot (I just invented that) even though I have one. It's OK. I am not writing all of the articles. And it isn't a conspiracy, in spite of what some may thing. It's simply reporting a business that dragged itself down through not innovating (THAT'S OLD NEWS) and not moving quickly enough. Do I want them to succeed. Yes. Do I own stock. No. Will I buy. When it gets low enough.
    Right. However, what you're doing with your snide "The vast global media conspiracy resurfaces!!!!" comment is taunting members who brought to light yet another misinformed comment from someone that can influence sales.

If this were not an everyday occurance, it wouldn't be an issue. In this case, if enough members get motivated, and provide Ms. Komando factual information on the subject, she just might go on air with a retraction. Just like you should with your silly comment.
    Thanked by:
    TommyBB (02-28-2013) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,076 Global Posts

And all that is important is does the device do what you need. I am happy with what I use. You are happy with what you use.

Time will tell whether BlackBerry can recover to their earlier glory. It's a long play.
    JeepBB and RubberChicken76 like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,637 Global Posts

One point worth mentioning (again) is that negative news stories about BlackBerry attract attention. Want proof? Look at the majority of the most popular threads in this forum on any given day. People flock to them.

The media is struggling in general and attracting readership/ad revenue from clicks is important to them.

Sucks, but it's true. BlackBerry's job is to make it so that people want to click on good news stories about them. Again, no suggestion that there's a media conspiracy, but there are a lot of stupid stories with a negative bent and poor research.
    CrackBerry Master

And all that is important is does the device do what you need. I am happy with what I use. You are happy with what you use.

Time will tell whether BlackBerry can recover to their earlier glory. It's a long play.
    the goal is not to recover its old glory days, the goal is to sell enough Z10 and Q10 phones to take it to the next level,
    that goal is pretty much in the bag from all accounts(besides the mindless naysayers).............
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast