Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 158
Like Tree203Likes
  1. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #76  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Varunsain, you really flatter me with all this attention. And thank you for padding my likes statistics....you give me even more credence.
    Lol..some people never learn
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    qbnkelt likes this.
  2. #77  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    Lol..some people never learn
    He is really padding our stats....Reeneebob, PantlessPenguin and mine.....every day it's a new name, and he goes and stalks us and thanks us.

    Newbies are going to look at us and think HOLY COW THESE WOMEN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    But really....what a pathetic life he must have....
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Thanked by:
    pantlesspenguin (01-23-2013) 
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
  3. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,675 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,817 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #78  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Let's make sure that those that don't know don't say like yesterday.
    That comment doesn't make sense now and it didn't make sense yesterday. BD was banned for telling another member to F off, and Renee asserted that BD was banned for making things personal and going on the attack (or something along those lines, I forget the exact wording). Telling someone to F off isn't making things personal and going on the attack? Just sayin'.

    /Off topic rant.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    reeneebob likes this.
  4. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,429 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #79  

    Default

    I'm curious, if Q thinks android is so safe then why doesn't she do her banking on one? Why is that job reserved to a BlackBerry? Would that be double standards to put it in a nice way?
  5. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #80  

    Default

    I wonder why some people would not do banking on an android device? I thought they were secure? I know I feel fine doing banking on my Blackberry no matter where in the world I am.

    Certainly wouldn't have been caught dead transferring funds on a gs3 in the middle of Jakarta like I did on my Blackberry.

    Whatsapp certainly reminds me of the vulnerabilities of Android in general.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  6. #81  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    I wonder why some people would not do banking on an android device? I thought they were secure? I know I feel fine doing banking on my Blackberry no matter where in the world I am.

    Certainly wouldn't have been caught dead transferring funds on a gs3 in the middle of Jakarta like I did on my Blackberry.

    Whatsapp certainly reminds me of the vulnerabilities of Android in general.
    I would not use banking apps on Android because of the fact that Android has more vulnerabilities than BB. I have *always* stated that and I have *never* put one banking app on either my Android devices or my iPhones.

    And this is what I mean by judicious use. Of course Android has more vulnerabilities than BB. Show me one single solitary instance of where I have said otherwise. It is all about judicious use and I choose not to put banking apps on anything other than BB.

    This, love, is how I show that I am not a fangirl of any platform. I don't go on mass generalisations. I have *never* said that BB and Android are equal in security, I *acknowledge* where BB excels. I also acknowledge where BB fails.

    So no hypocrisy "gotcha", if that is where you are trying to get to.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
  7. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #82  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    I would not use banking apps on Android because of the fact that Android has more vulnerabilities than BB. I have *always* stated that and I have *never* put one banking app on either my Android devices or my iPhones.

    And this is what I mean by judicious use. Of course Android has more vulnerabilities than BB. Show me one single solitary instance of where I have said otherwise. It is all about judicious use and I choose not to put banking apps on anything other than BB.

    This, love, is how I show that I am not a fangirl of any platform. I don't go on mass generalisations. I have *never* said that BB and Android are equal in security, I *acknowledge* where BB excels. I also acknowledge where BB fails.

    So no hypocrisy "gotcha", if that is where you are trying to get to.
    "Android has more vulnerabilities than BB"

    Thank you!

    I believe whatsapp is a mirror of the whole security system of android as it has more vulnerabilities than BB
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  8. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,429 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #83  

    Default

    Sounds like a HUGE double standard to me.
  9. #84  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    "Android has more vulnerabilities than BB"

    Thank you!

    I believe whatsapp is a mirror of the whole security system of android as it has more vulnerabilities than BB
    Yes, I have always said that.

    Are you operating under the misapprehension that I have ever said otherwise?

    I also said it is all about judicious use. Therefore, I do not use WhatsApp while on unsecured WiFi. But I do use it on the network and in my own personal secure wifi or those wifi networks where I have th code.

    Did you miss that statement on this very thread? Should I point it out for you? Do I need to remind you of each and every single solitary time that I have made the case for BB being the most secure platform? But it is not impenetrable. Can you not discern that nuance?

    In case you missed it...

    If course it isn't. Common sense should apply to everything. Technology is no longer some newfangled mysterious thing that is available to only a privileged few.

    User responsibility is key, and there are plenty of warnings in the media, news stories, articles, special interest reports, and education through work all related to what to do and not what to do on the internet to avoid phishing scams, safe browsing, safe Wi-Fi use, etc.

    And I think you're right, the PIN cannot be changed.

    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...-a/td-p/330277

    ***Edit: confirmation that PINs cannot be changed.

    Any device on any platform can be made vulnerable through improper use, no platform is impenetrable. Much to the chagrin of those who would have you believe that a BB will always and forever through any and ask circumstances be made absolutely completely safe. It's safer than anything else, but it's absolutely not impenetrable.

    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
  10. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,429 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #85  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Yes, I have always said that.

    Are you operating under the misapprehension that I have ever said otherwise?

    I also said it is all about judicious use. Therefore, I do not use WhatsApp while on unsecured WiFi. But I do use it on the network and in my own personal secure wifi or those wifi networks where I have th code.

    Did you miss that statement on this very thread? Should I point it out for you? Do I need to remind you of each and every single solitary time that I have made the case for BB being the most secure platform? But it is not impenetrable. Can you not discern that nuance?
    So basically would you ever recommend an Android device to a person that can only afford (or only needs/wants) one device considering banking is out of the question??
  11. Rickroller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,447 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,465 Global Posts
    PIN
    Proud contributer to The Human Fund
    #86  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    So basically would you ever recommend an Android device to a person that can only afford (or only needs/wants) one device considering banking is out of the question??
    What does this have to do with Whatsapp exactly?
    "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." -Sam Ewing
    Rollin' on Twitter
    Thanked by:
    reeneebob (01-23-2013) 
  12. valeuche's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397
    #87  

    Default Re: Just a though about whatsapp !!

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Two things, one a BB password is literally impenetrable especially with encryption enabled, two entire countries are crying they can't intercept BBMs on BIS(never mind BES). I believe some got their own NOCs to be able to do that but they certainly can't be pulled out of the air.
    But they are still vulnerable in that they do exist in unencrypted form on BIS itself. That isn't to say that it isn't fairly secure. It certainly is much more secure than whatsapp, but the disadvantage is that it isn't as ubiquitous as whatsapp. My coworkers and I use whatsapp because we are scattered over a number of different kinds of phones, windows phone, iPhone and android. I like BBM (that's actually half the reason I'm watching for BB10 now) but making it useful would involve quite the uphill battle of getting my coworkers and friends and family to go over to blackberry as well, something that may have been possible in 2009 but is really a long shot now.

    I realize that this reply is drifting off of the topic of security in mobile messaging, but I think it is important for BB to realize that the ubiquity of the messaging platform is important these days. Why not do something like open up BBM to other platforms but keep the most secure communication blackberry to blackberry only - color code the messages from and to other devices as vulnerable or something to that effect. It is easier to talk a coworker into downloading a new messaging client than it is to talk them into getting a new phone.



    Sent from my Droid DNA
    kingb71 likes this.
  13. #88  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickroller View Post
    What does this have to do with Whatsapp exactly?

    Nothing.

    The discussion centered on WhatsApp. Someone wanted to show a vunerability and they posted an article that clearly describes that unsecured WiFi connection is the medium, I stated that all is needed is not to use unsecured WiFi, stated that all platforms can be vulnerable, showed BB vulnerabilties on the NIST site, and now he's deflecting to something else, along with Bold, in an attempt at GOTCHA. Modus operandi - deflection when the argument is shown to be invalid.

    And I love the attempts at a GOTCHA.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  14. #89  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    But they are still vulnerable in that they do exist in unencrypted form on BIS itself. That isn't to say that it isn't fairly secure. It certainly is much more secure than whatsapp, but the disadvantage is that it isn't as ubiquitous as whatsapp. My coworkers and I use whatsapp because we are scattered over a number of different kinds of phones, windows phone, iPhone and android. I like BBM (that's actually half the reason I'm watching for BB10 now) but making it useful would involve quite the uphill battle of getting my coworkers and friends and family to go over to blackberry as well, something that may have been possible in 2009 but is really a long shot now. I realize that this reply is drifting off of the topic of security in mobile messaging, but I think it is important for BB to realize that the ubiquity of the messaging platform is important these days. Why not do something like open up BBM to other platforms but keep the most secure communication blackberry to blackberry only - color code the messages from and to other devices as vulnerable or something to that effect. It is easier to talk a coworker into downloading a new messaging client than it is to talk them into getting a new phone.

    Sent from my Droid DNA

    OK....who are you and where have you been all my life??????
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
  15. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,429 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #90  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    But they are still vulnerable in that they do exist in unencrypted form on BIS itself. That isn't to say that it isn't fairly secure. It certainly is much more secure than whatsapp, but the disadvantage is that it isn't as ubiquitous as whatsapp. My coworkers and I use whatsapp because we are scattered over a number of different kinds of phones, windows phone, iPhone and android. I like BBM (that's actually half the reason I'm watching for BB10 now) but making it useful would involve quite the uphill battle of getting my coworkers and friends and family to go over to blackberry as well, something that may have been possible in 2009 but is really a long shot now.

    I realize that this reply is drifting off of the topic of security in mobile messaging, but I think it is important for BB to realize that the ubiquity of the messaging platform is important these days. Why not do something like open up BBM to other platforms but keep the most secure communication blackberry to blackberry only - color code the messages from and to other devices as vulnerable or something to that effect. It is easier to talk a coworker into downloading a new messaging client than it is to talk them into getting a new phone.



    Sent from my Droid DNA
    It doesn't matter if BBMs are encrypted or not on BIS as long as BIS itself in not accessible, and not accessible even by law enforcement agencies, never mind criminals.
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (01-23-2013) 
  16. valeuche's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397
    #91  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    It doesn't matter if BBMs are encrypted or not on BIS as long as BIS itself in not accessible, and not accessible even by law enforcement agencies, never mind criminals.
    Does BlackBerry publish anywhere who actually can access BIS (for example which employees have access and that law enforcement or various Canadian or friendly-to-Canada government agencies can access it)?
  17. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,429 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #92  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    Does BlackBerry publish anywhere who actually can access BIS (for example which employees have access and that law enforcement or various Canadian or friendly-to-Canada government agencies can access it)?
    I don't know, but I know a lot of middle eastern countries were crying they couldn't and even threatened to ban blackberry devices.
  18. #93  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    Does BlackBerry publish anywhere who actually can access BIS (for example which employees have access and that law enforcement or various Canadian or friendly-to-Canada government agencies can access it)?
    There are various publications, but I don't rembember seeing a consolidated document from RIM. I suppose, but I'm not certain, that is should be available in their website.

    ***edit....I'd say "employee" management of information through BES not BIS....
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
  19. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #94  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    So basically would you ever recommend an Android device to a person that can only afford (or only needs/wants) one device considering banking is out of the question??
    i wouldnt recommend a banking app on any platform.

    there's a lot of cherry picking of quotes going on here...

    all for a moot point, whatsapp will be on bb10,
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  20. valeuche's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts
    PIN
    7BCA4397
    #95  

    Default Re: Just a though about whatsapp !!

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    I don't know, but I know a lot of middle eastern countries were crying they couldn't and even threatened to ban blackberry devices.
    Yes but that isn't necessarily terribly surprising. They don't have the resources (and possibly the technical sophistication) of western governments or even, perhaps (and only for example) central or eastern European criminal networks.

    I bet casual inspection of the messages on the server by people authorized to view them such as rim employers of BIS messages would be the most frequent breach of security though. Just speculating though.

    Sent from my Droid DNA
  21. Rello's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,976 Posts
    PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)
    #96  

    Default

    This thread got good while I was gonelol

    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    Because it comes with plenty security concerns, some fixed, some not and BB people tend to be more security conscious. I won't touch any Android device because Google has shown time and time again they are willing to ignore users privacy, they even got fined 22+ millions for it. Does that make me crazy for downplaying the importance of the biggest smartphone OS?
    No sir'. U are completely entitled to your opinion and that's fine. Yes BB people do tend to be more security conscious, but I think one could make a argument that there are just as many BB users that don't have security in mind when buying a BB. My point goes back to having a reason to not like/want something is fine. Its just people that belittle others for wanting that same option. Me personally, I use whatsapp and never worried about any security risk. Mayb I'm oblivious lol, but I don't have nothing of importance to hide. I don't know lol....
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

    - Durrell
  22. Rello's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,976 Posts
    PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)
    #97  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Ah!!!! Amazing how you understood what I was talking about.

    And I stand by my statement. Hypocrisy. Just chose to let the comments go....

    Can't wait to hear how consuming media on a big screen is JUST AMAZING.....and how quickly it changes from all the other "but those Android devices are SO BIG and WHO NEEDS a device that B I G because you can't use them on one hand and they don't fit in your pocket and you look silly holding it to your ear comments".....especially so when the Aristo comes out.....


    Frankly, I'm on my way to a Note 3. L-O-V-E my B I G SGIII screen. Will love my bigger BB screen, the 9860 ended up being too small for me. Even the 4S feels cramped now.
    Yes ma'am....I'm gonna try to let them comments go lol. When I see them over the next couple of weeks, and just smile and think of this post/thread
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

    - Durrell
    qbnkelt likes this.
  23. #98  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    This thread got good while I was gonelol



    No sir'. U are completely entitled to your opinion and that's fine. Yes BB people do tend to be more security conscious, but I think one could make a argument that there are just as many BB users that don't have security in mind when buying a BB. My point goes back to having a reason to not like/want something is fine. Its just people that belittle others for wanting that same option. Me personally, I use whatsapp and never worried about any security risk. Mayb I'm oblivious lol, but I don't have nothing of importance to hide. I don't know lol....

    Or it could simply be that you don't send personal or sensitive information throug unsecure WiFi.......which is the vulnerability used in the attempted GOTCHA!!!!

    Seriously.....responsibility lies in the user. ain't nuthin' like common sense.....would you send information through an unsecured WiFi connection over your laptop? No? Then why do it over a phone?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    Thanked by:
    pantlesspenguin (01-23-2013) 
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
  24. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #99  

    Default

    Whatsapp is a vulnerable IM service compared to BBM.

    Android is VULNERABLE compared to Blackberry. There are more VULNERABILITES on the android platform. Its just like comparing whatsapp to BBM. Whatsapp is horrible.

    Vulnerable.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  25. Rello's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,976 Posts
    PIN
    Please feel free to ask :)
    #100  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Or it could simply be that you don't send personal or sensitive information throug unsecure WiFi.......which is the vulnerability used in the attempted GOTCHA!!!!

    Seriously.....responsibility lies in the user. ain't nuthin' like common sense.....would you send information through an unsecured WiFi connection over your laptop? No? Then why do it over a phone?
    U are correct. I'm not anywhere close to being the most security minded person, but some instances, like what u pointed out, are/should be common sense. Banking should never be done over unsecured wifi. Responsibility is definitely up to the user.
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

    Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

    - Durrell
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. just a thought about verizon
    By gtpx02 in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 06:57 AM
  2. Just an FYI about future leaks....
    By onlyonepost in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 06:46 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
  4. I just realized something about my 8830 WE
    By zaydaboss in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM
  5. Cool featire i just found out about!
    By btownsoccerstud in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions