Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Results 101 to 118 of 118
Like Tree123Likes
  1. lorax1284's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    948 Global Posts
    #101  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRlPPlN View Post
    you might get an infraction for calling him a stupid tool (which i can agree with that comment).
    I would expect an infraction if I called another CrackBerry member a stupid tool... I didn't. I called a public figure a "stupid tool". If we're not allowed to call any public figures who are not CrackBerry.com members a "stupid tool" when they clearly ARE stupid tools, I am misunderstanding the intent of forum moderation rules.

    Perhaps Geller is a CrackBerry.com member... I'm not calling him a stupid tool for something he posted on CrackBerry.com under his CrackBerry.com identity, I'm calling him a stupid tool for the stupid toolish behaviour he exhibits on his for-profit tech blog.
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    Jake Storm likes this.
  2. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #102  

    Default

    It is not out of the realm of possibility he played with an N series prototype, this also does not mean it is the actual device. It could very well be a Dev C. (Though N series devices ARE out there)
  3. bluetroll's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,856 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,868 Global Posts
    #103  

    Default

    N-series are probably harder to spot because they look similar to current BBs
  4. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    #104  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberChicken76 View Post
    And if he's talking about it, wouldn't he be breaking a big-time NDA?
    Well not if he hadn't signed an NDA himself* - this might be a surprise to some people but sometimes people in the know show people stuff that *they* have signed an NDA for - I saw such a device this week, if I talked about it, what could the company behind the device do to me?

    Absolutely nothing.



    * without getting into my own side argument that proper journalists don't sign NDAs.
  5. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #105  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Well not if he hadn't signed an NDA himself* - this might be a surprise to some people but sometimes people in the know show people stuff that *they* have signed an NDA for - I saw such a device this week, if I talked about it, what could the company behind the device do to me?

    Absolutely nothing.



    * without getting into my own side argument that proper journalists don't sign NDAs.
    They couldnt do anything to you at all, but the employee that broke the NDA could and should be terminated.
  6. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    #106  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    They couldnt do anything to you at all, but the employee that broke the NDA could and should be terminated.

    Well maybe but that doesn't change the actual point - that just because someone has signed an NDA doesn't mean they don't have access to people who have.
  7. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #107  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Well maybe but that doesn't change the actual point - that just because someone has signed an NDA doesn't mean they don't have access to people who have.
    That is very correct. However anyone who has signed an NDA risks quite a bit just to leak some information without benefit.
  8. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    #108  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    That is very correct. However anyone who has signed an NDA risks quite a bit just to leak some information without benefit.
    Well there are always wheels within wheels - often these sorts of leaks occur because the company actually wants the leak to occur or because one faction wants to embarrass another faction in an organisation - it's hard to say from the outside (I'm talking generically rather than specifically about RIM) - every organisation is a hotbed of politics and power plays and leaks like this are one of the ways that they manifest.
  9. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #109  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Well there are always wheels within wheels - often these sorts of leaks occur because the company actually wants the leak to occur or because one faction wants to embarrass another faction in an organisation - it's hard to say from the outside (I'm talking generically rather than specifically about RIM) - every organisation is a hotbed of politics and power plays and leaks like this are one of the ways that they manifest.
    You also have those that simply want to leak information, or take pride in the fact that they were able to get information out without others knowing. And of course you get financial considerations, etc.
  10. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts
    #110  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    You also have those that simply want to leak information, or take pride in the fact that they were able to get information out without others knowing. And of course you get financial considerations, etc.
    Sure that can occur as well, then you get just straight forward carelessness, accident rather than malice.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
  11. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #111  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Sure that can occur as well, then you get just straight forward carelessness, accident rather than malice.
    Alcohol can easily be used as well lol
  12. TRlPPlN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    399 Posts
    #112  

    Default

    @Lorax. oooohh..i thought you were calling dbw1000 a stupid tool (oh shucks). carry on...lol
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
  13. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #113  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    How does a resolution feel awkward?
    I would guess, he,s alluding to 16:9 becoming the defacto standard. Just IMO of course.
  14. tack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,361 Global Posts
    #114  

    Default Jonathan Geller claims to have used an N-Series Prototype.

    Quote Originally Posted by TRlPPlN View Post
    @Lorax. oooohh..i thought you were calling dbw1000 a stupid tool (oh shucks). carry on...lol
    Which you agreed with. Care to elaborate?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    VZW iPhone 5 32GB / Blk

    (HTC 8x WP8, BB Z10, iPhone 4S, Droid Incredible 2, BB Storm2, BB 9650 prior.)
  15. DivideBYZero's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    764 Global Posts
    #115  

    Default

    I stopped reading BGR years ago.
    Jake Storm likes this.
  16. kdna's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    621 Posts
    #116  

    Default

    The native framework automatically conforms to different screen sizes without issue. This is a non-issue for application developers.
    Game developers will most likely target the full-touch BlackBerry 10 device to take advantage of it's screen real estate.

    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    Thanked by:
    Superfly_FR (12-09-2012) 
    Superfly_FR likes this.
  17. Superfly_FR's Avatar

    Posts
    9,316 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,327 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    #117  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdna View Post
    The native framework automatically conforms to different screen sizes without issue. This is a non-issue for application developers.
    Game developers will most likely target the full-touch BlackBerry 10 device to take advantage of it's screen real estate.

    +1. And same goes for WebWorks+BBui.js
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
  18. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,761 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #118  

    Default Re: Jonathan Geller claims to have used an N-Series Prototype.

    They can also include two sets of graphics if they wish to use the 720x720 N series resolution. The device is very nice, and the keyboard as good as the 99xx. Many people will love it.
    ~S_A
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Similar Threads

  1. Holiday's - great time to have/use the PB!
    By glassofpinot in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 01:55 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:24 PM
  4. How many here came or have used an iPhone?
    By dontwalkhand in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 07:38 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions