Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Banco
  • 1 Post By szlevi
  • 1 Post By crazigee
  • 2 Post By crazigee
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default John Chen welcomes Android business security

Thanked by 2:
    garrett1972 (06-25-2014),  Rowan M (06-25-2014) 
    r0v3rT3N and garrett1972 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm glad he's taking opportunities like this to pipe up and reminded everyone why BlackBerry was and still is the Gold standard in security.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Hm, according to the British government Samsung Knox is more secure than BlackBerry.
    Why did Samsung contribute Knox to Android? They had an advantage over the other OEMs.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4D0IY20140514
    CrackBerry Addict

Samsung had a rough slog because enterprise doesn't want to tie itself to one phone line, plus Samsung charged per devices fees for Knox on top of whatever fees incurred for ones MDM solution of choice. Now that features of Knox will be baked into Android, Google is more interested in how fast it will get adopted rather than getting revenue from licenses.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by sati01 View Post
    Hm, according to the British government Samsung Knox is more secure than BlackBerry.
    Why did Samsung contribute Knox to Android? They had an advantage over the other OEMs.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A4D0IY20140514
    Hahaha till u root your phone bye bye knox hahaha

Posted via My amazing White GalaxyNote3 N9005
    Sick My Whiteberry buzzin' all in my face,Way too much to tolerate,Time to roll,Y'all know I gots to migrate
    PIN: 2AC4FF0A
    CrackBerry User

I'm slightly concerned by this, only slightly because Blackberry still does have the upper hand for the time being. But I am still worried none the less. I am worried because like Windows in the desktop space, Blackberry has been in the MDM space for a while, albeit only recently with multiple os. However, Windows has lived for so long and done so well because developers created business applications on the window's code base thereby creating a need for enterprises to continue licensing.

Now for Blackberry, if Knox becomes cheap enough (the fed already bought 26k licenses 2-3 weeks ago), what reason do companies have to stay beyond "we're known to be safe" and multiple os compatibility. I think the latter property is their biggest selling point but if Good does in fact get an IPO, I can very much see them as directly competing with Blackberry by lowering their prices dramatically. I'm not really concerned about governments migrating by large for another few years. However, mid to large size companies will mainly assess MDM based on price, functionality, and compatibility.

I know blackberry offers the most features but they definitely cannot suffer a large pullback in BES revenue in a short amount of time.

I'm honestly hoping for some major profit soon to be directly injected into IOT, BES, and QNX. I would even prefer if Blackberry phones become less of the company's image so that they can be looked at as a software company. It might be very hard to do with them releasing phones every quarter without having OEMs doing it for them. Anyway, it seems like that's JC's plan.. that's why I'm sticking with them

I wish them the best, and I am a dedicated shareholder.
    CrackBerry Addict

I believe organizations want flexibility in terms of device usage. They want to control existing android devices, iPhone, BlackBerry and perhaps future android ones. Google solution solves only one part in it, right? I can't imagine corporations upgrading all their Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

BES revenue is a small part of BlackBerry's revenue. The big sources of revenue are hardware and the BIS fee of the older devices.
    Hardware has negative margin, they lose money. Service revenue compensate that with an amazing gross margin close to 80%.
    So BlackBerry is alive just because of those old phones, but that business is dying as people upgrade to iOS or Android.
    BlackBerry has to find a new profitable business. BES is a good prospect, but today it's still irrelevant.
    Thanked by:
    mornhavon (06-26-2014) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sati01 View Post

UK clears Samsung's KNOX smartphones for official communications | Reuters
    I'm very far from saying anything bad about Knox but anyone at this point believes a ****in word that leaves the mouth of any scumbag in the UK government is an ***** - all they are worried about is their access (GCHQ, NSA's British counterpart), I do not believe a word from those spineless crooks, they are more disgusting than anyone else involved in the illegal eavesdropping-monitoring scandal.
    notafanboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,066 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neteng1000 View Post
    I'm glad he's taking opportunities like this to pipe up and reminded everyone why BlackBerry was and still is the Gold standard in security.

Posted via CB10
    A gold standard that businesses are dropping left and right.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    mornhavon likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by crazigee View Post
    A gold standard that businesses are dropping left and right.

Hey smart guy. Are businesses dropping it because it's not "gold standard" or for other reasons? Still the best business phone PERIOD!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,066 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neteng1000 View Post
    Hey smart guy. Are businesses dropping it because it's not "gold standard" or for other reasons? Still the best business phone PERIOD!

Posted via CB10
    There's no need to tell me that I'm smart. My mother has been telling me that for as long as I can remember. Apparently, I'm pretty handsome too.

All I was pointing out is that businesses are dropping it because security it pretty much all it's offering right now, and clearly that isn't enough.

techvisor and mornhavon like this.