Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 132
Like Tree177Likes
  1. Bobert_123's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    #51  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexybabe88 View Post
    let me get the facts right - you want to destroy somebody's life because he has a negative impression/opinion on an unreleased device which you plan on buying?

    your malicious intents are worse than that of the most hardcore apple fanboys and i am reporting your post

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That's not right either, the op has a right to his opinions.
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

    BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
    Thanked by:
    BlackberryTorcher (01-07-2013) 
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
  2. madman0141's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,777 Posts
    PIN
    666
    #52  

    Default

    That's it! I am quitting my "real" job to write bulls@it journalism and blog. The Internet has given rise to people with no chance of landing real jobs to do what this guy dvorak does.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    Thanked by:
    BlackberryTorcher (01-07-2013) 
  3. mundell_eb's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #53  

    Default

    Hahahahaha!!!! This guy is funny!! True comedy right there!! Maybe he should make a tech show for TV and they could air it on Comedy Central lol! Seriously, but if we look at his trends for being wrong then we can expect something wonderful from BB10!! I agree with everybody: why the hate? Why can't you just appreciate this comedy mastermind? Let me list his biggest jokes: 1) nobody is gonna buy the iPhone and its design would be "passé" in 3 months. Lol did he get it right? 2) I can't wait to get home to use my OS/2 powered pc. Uhhm how about no 3) WTH is Netscape?? Is it like the thing Felix Baumgartener used to jump out of last year?? And finally 4) BlackBerry is not a smartphone. At least he got that one right... Its not a smartphone... its THE smartphone!! BB10 FTW!!
    Last edited by mundell_eb; 01-07-2013 at 04:53 PM.
  4. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,624 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,779 Global Posts
    #54  

    Default

    Well by the time real progress is shown the stock will be a lot higher than it is now. Hummmm
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  5. collinc93's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    668 Posts
    #55  

    Default

    Surprising thing is I do agree with his general sentiments. As for the BB not being a smartphone, he is wrong and so are the ninnies who agree with him. A cellular telephone with built-in applications and Internet access. In addition to digital voice service, modern smartphones provide text messaging, e-mail, Web browsing, still and video cameras, MP3 player and video playback and calling. In addition to their built-in functions, smartphones run myriad free and paid applications, turning the once single-minded cellphone into a mobile personal computer.
    Stating otherwise is silly, still RIM does need to do this well...the Storm was indeed horrible, the Playbook is not. Objectivity is a **** of a thing, supporting BB does mean that I can acknowledge its faults. However, objectivity also means that dont pretend for once as if the Nondroid...sorry Android and the youPhone...that one, are the bees knees. Without apps they are nothing, without apps, the BB is still close to them, no?
  6. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #56  

    Default

    He talks about blackberry like they are less then smartphones. He talks about the playbook like is hasn't been sold for years. Like it's a distant memory. It's still in stores!!!!! Wonder if the latest android tablet will be in stores after two years?
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    ddlax22 likes this.
  7. Bobert_123's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    #57  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    He talks about blackberry like they are less then smartphones. He talks about the playbook like is hasn't been sold for years. Like it's a distant memory. It's still in stores!!!!! Wonder if the latest android tablet will be in stores after two years?
    Most android tablets wont even sell as many units as the PB has and it's still going strong!
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

    BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (01-07-2013) 
  8. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #58  

    Default

    Just more shorts fodder,nothing to see here.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
  9. ddlax22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,011 Posts
    PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..
    #59  

    Default

    " I have noticed an interesting trend as die-hard BlackBerry and feature phone users slowly move to smartphones."

    hes basically saying blackberrys are not smartphones. he loses credibility
  10. randall2580's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    986 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts
    #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mundell_eb View Post
    Hahahahaha!!!! This guy is funny!! True comedy right there!! Maybe he should make a tech show for TV and they could air it on Comedy Central lol!
    Funny you should say that. John and Adam Curry (one of the early MTV VJ's) have been doing a podcast for just about as long as CrackBerry has been around, since 2007, called "No Agenda Show". They take no advertising and rely on contributions from their listeners like PBS does to continue. John likes to kid they make just enough every week to make the next podcast. Point is he's had a fairly loyal following since that time - they did episode 476 last week. They probably have a bigger audience than most cable shows here in the USA, and like What'sApp, you (the collective community)probably never heard of him (just having some fun here).

    John also is a very regular guest on Leo Laporte's "This Week in Tech" on this TWIT.TV podcasting network, and was in fact there last Sunday. When Leo was away recently, John was the host of that show.

    Someone before me said he likes being a curmudgeon and that's an apt description of him. He likes to tweak and comes across as an equal opportunity complainer. He has a Galaxy Nexus (I know because he mentioned it during TWIT this week), but is no fanboy of it except it seems to work better for him than other things he's tried.

    Consider the source on this one. Not really worth getting riled about, no one is not going to their carrier to buy a BB10 because John said so, except maybe some of the listeners of his shows on Sunday and Thursday they seem fairly hardcore fans.
    kevinnugent likes this.
  11. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #61  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryTorcher View Post
    I think he actually used a BB back when they had the pearl and that is this knowledge he uses to speculate about the current state of RIM. I think he needs to be fired, my opinion, what he did could be considered slander.
    What he did was get people talking about and reading what he wrote. That's what he's paid for, I guess. Job done.
  12. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #62  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    What he did was get people talking about and reading what he wrote. That's what he's paid for, I guess. Job done.

    Exactly! Now when you google his name (OP put it out there in BIG letters,lol) this thread will come up no doubt.

    Still nothing to see though.

    Just so ya all know , this is the same dude who said in 2007 that the Green Fruit Company would fail .... there , now that's some inspiration,lol.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
  13. BlackberryTorcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    151 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #63  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexybabe88 View Post
    let me get the facts right - you want to destroy somebody's life because he has a negative impression/opinion on an unreleased device which you plan on buying?

    your malicious intents are worse than that of the most hardcore apple fanboys and i am reporting your post

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    No matter what you say, I stand by my opinion. Someone writing for a major publication needs to get his facts straight or not write at all. He is feeding the misinformed public more bad information and for that he needs to lose his livelihood. Report as you wish but you can not stifle my right to speak freely.
    Abusing my T-Mo BB Z10 running OS 10.1.0.2009 leak
    Junkaloo BBM channel C00097A13 [/URL]
    Bobert_123 likes this.
  14. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #64  

    Default

    But it's an "opinion piece". How can you call for someone to be punished for expressing an opinion, and then scream about your rights to speak freely??
    Thanked by 2:
    Jean-luc_Picard (01-08-2013),  qbnkelt (01-08-2013) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
  15. Lehomer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    #65  

    Default

    Now that right there is funny !

    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Dvorak has and always will be a joke. The fact he even has a job in tech is sad after being wrong again and again.

    This is the guy who said he didn't think the mouse would ever catch on.
  16. BlackberryTorcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    151 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobert_123 View Post
    That's not right either, the op has a right to his opinions.
    Thanks some people would stop you from breathing if they could.
    Abusing my T-Mo BB Z10 running OS 10.1.0.2009 leak
    Junkaloo BBM channel C00097A13 [/URL]
    Thanked by 2:
    Bobert_123 (01-07-2013),  TomJasper (01-07-2013) 
  17. BlackberryTorcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    151 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #67  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    But it's an "opinion piece". How can you call for someone to be punished for expressing an opinion, and then scream about your rights to speak freely??
    I can because I don't write for a major publication under obligation to publish facts. Go figure. If a news reporter mixes his or her opinion with facts and the public buys into it is that the same as someone like a high schooler making an opinion amongst peers? People in the public eye have a duty and responsibility to report facts even when giving their opinions.
    Abusing my T-Mo BB Z10 running OS 10.1.0.2009 leak
    Junkaloo BBM channel C00097A13 [/URL]
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (01-07-2013) 
  18. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #68  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryTorcher View Post
    I can because I don't write for a major publication under obligation to publish facts. Go figure. If a news reporter mixes his or her opinion with facts and the public buys into it is that the same as someone like a high schooler making an opinion amongst peers? People in the public eye have a duty and responsibility to report facts even when giving their opinions.
    Except when they are giving their "opinion". You are confusing facts with opinions. Show me where it's written that people's opinions have to be factual? Anyway, you win. You're more "dedicated" than me.
    mikeo007 likes this.
  19. pmccartney's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,949 Posts
    PIN
    K Floyd
    #69  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    Exactly! Now when you google his name (OP put it out there in BIG letters,lol) this thread will come up no doubt.

    Still nothing to see though.

    Just so ya all know , this is the same dude who said in 2007 that the Green Fruit Company would fail .... there , now that's some inspiration,lol.
    Well then, I certainly hope he says the same about RIM
    Z30
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (01-07-2013) 
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
  20. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #70  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sexybabe88 View Post
    let me get the facts right - you want to destroy somebody's life because he has a negative impression/opinion on an unreleased device which you plan on buying?

    your malicious intents are worse than that of the most hardcore apple fanboys and i am reporting your post

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    The only thing I disagree with the OP post is the the OP post gave the writer ( who is not on Crackberry.com by the way ) more attention than he deserves, it's that darn google spider,yikes, that just gave the writer more eyeballs.

    As for ruining the life of a writer outside the domain of Crackberry.com , I think that's reaching, in fact I'll bet the writer relishes more eyeballs on his writing/s, it's called guerilla marketing, and by the looks of this thread the writer has done just that ie. got responses which in turn makes him more $$$.

    I can understand Crackberry.com having rules attacking others posters opinions but when you advocate a poster/s can't speak to writers outside of Crackberry.com I think that's going too far as there are already rules in place outside of Crackberry.com that would speak to anything that would be way over the top legally. Perhaps a MOD can give some direction, as I myself don't see any rules broken, then again that's just my opinion.
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
  21. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,368 Global Posts
    #71  

    Default This John C. Dvorak has got to be the biggest ***** ever. Read his bashing of RIM below!

    Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    It's not that a BB can't do them, it's how quickly and efficiently can it do them compared to the iPhone and Android.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    thats beside the point. if it Nan do it, then its a smartphone. albeit it may be a slower smartphone.
    its like saying a toyota prius is now a bike because it isnt as good or fast as an aston martin db9.
    awful article. poorly researched and should never have seen the light of day

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (01-07-2013) 
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
  22. aha
    aha is offline
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,233 Posts
    #72  

    Default

    I read the article and I think you guys are all too polite... this is completely bull
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (01-07-2013) 
  23. Hawnz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #73  

    Default

    I have listened to John C. Dvorak on TWiT. I like what he says. I might not agree with him, but that is besides the point. I think he writes things to get people talking. Just like this thread. He said something, and now this thread has gone on for 3 pages, in about 12 hours. His job is done.
    Thanked by:
    TomJasper (01-07-2013) 
    randall2580 and antiRIM like this.
  24. #74  

    Default

    I don't let this kinda stuff work me up anymore. I simply don't care and have better things to read than misinformed pieces like this. Most of us here already know RIM's strengths and weaknesses and the position the company is in.

    BlackBerry 10 will stand on its own merits when it's out...nothing a Negative Nancy or Positive Polly is going to say or write will affect that.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina, Nexus 7
  25. Blacklatino's Avatar

    Posts
    10,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,250 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)
    #75  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    Unless he PHYSICALLY attacked you or your offspring, this is not a reasonable reaction.
    Yeah. IMO, Over-the-top!!!!!
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. This has got to be wrong!
    By jed1894 in forum Android
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 03:30 PM
  2. There has GOT to be a way..
    By nsarpolis in forum BlackBerry 6
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
  3. you've got to be kidding me...
    By savoltage in forum Storm Rants & Raves Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
  4. you've got to be kidding..
    By akhoury in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
  5. someone has got to have the answer....please....
    By Chup in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions