Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversun10 View Post
    at least he is talking about BB10, sort of, RIM seems like a big blur to him, he does not distinguish the
    old and new OS, his opinion might be representative of a lot of people...
    Bingo. He doesn't know all the facts because he doesn't care. Enter 99% of consumers, ignorance is bliss.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Bingo. He doesn't know all the facts because he doesn't care. Enter 99% of consumers, ignorance is bliss.
    Claiming 99% don't care is ignorant.
    bbecause it's bbetter
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts

Default This John C. Dvorak has got to be the biggest ***** ever. Read his bashing of RIM below!

Quote Originally Posted by jagrlover View Post
    Claiming 99% don't care is ignorant.
    Claiming the opposite is equally ignorant.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,042 Global Posts

YouTube War, (band from the 70's) "why can't we be friends"...breath deep and relax, it will be fine.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    Claiming the opposite is equally ignorant.

Claiming that I claimed the opposite is even more ignorant. We can do this all day.
    bbecause it's bbetter
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

John C. Dvorak is the Andy Rooney of the tech world. Pay him no mind, he's a harmless old koot.
    Thanked by:
    BlackberryTorcher (01-07-2013) 
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,877 Global Posts

Default This John C. Dvorak has got to be the biggest ***** ever. Read his bashing of RIM below!

Quote Originally Posted by jagrlover View Post
    Claiming that I claimed the opposite is even more ignorant. We can do this all day.
    Good thing I never claimed that, eh?
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three

I would have to agree with trelawrence lets relax. He can write what ever he wants. I noticed he said his son has an I -phone. I really wonder what type of phone he is using. My guess is a desk phone with an answering machine.

Global Posts
    6,244 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

I've read a lot of his articles over the years. He is a lot smarter than that. Very little effort on that one.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts

Dvorak has and always will be a joke. The fact he even has a job in tech is sad after being wrong again and again.

This is the guy who said he didn't think the mouse would ever catch on.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,237 Global Posts

Why the hate?
    Step back, look at it objectively and the guy has a few points. May have made them in not the most subtle of manners, but he does have points.
    The PlayBook is seen by many as one of the worst tablets available. Its the tech product I most regret buying. Its been on firesales for ages, and unlike almost any other tech gadget, it refuses to sell out, cos no one wants it as its little more than a paperweight.
    I sometimes miss my 9900 For the keyboard. Thats what people love about BlackBerries. Of course theyre not proper smartphones. I can do miles more on my Android than I could on my 9900. Thats why I cant go back. The hardware is better, in important ways like the camera, and the app availability means I can be travelling and find a torrent I want, and set it so its downloading at home even when Im at work. Thats just one example.
    The most you will get out of a BlackBerry is quick access to a browser. Thats not good enough for a smartphone.
    Thats what RIM hopes to change with BB10. Id like a smartphone with a RIM keyboard. Many people would.
    But for now, OS7 devices cant be called smartphones when you look at what the competitors can do.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    3,603 Global Posts

You call that a bashing article? Someone has their panties in a bunch. It is merely opinion. Get over it.
    Rello and mikeo007 like this.
    CrackBerry Master

I suppose he could have taken the time to read the reviews those who have seen the device wrote but that would have taken an effort.
    By the way, does he still write for anyone. I can't remember the last time I read one of his articles, if he is the guy I think he is.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B7B5318

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    Unless he PHYSICALLY attacked you or your offspring, this is not a reasonable reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    Why the hate?
    Step back, look at it objectively and the guy has a few points. May have made them in not the most subtle of manners, but he does have points.
    The PlayBook is seen by many as one of the worst tablets available. Its the tech product I most regret buying. Its been on firesales for ages, and unlike almost any other tech gadget, it refuses to sell out, cos no one wants it as its little more than a paperweight.
    I sometimes miss my 9900 For the keyboard. Thats what people love about BlackBerries. Of course theyre not proper smartphones. I can do miles more on my Android than I could on my 9900. Thats why I cant go back. The hardware is better, in important ways like the camera, and the app availability means I can be travelling and find a torrent I want, and set it so its downloading at home even when Im at work. Thats just one example.
    The most you will get out of a BlackBerry is quick access to a browser. Thats not good enough for a smartphone.
    Thats what RIM hopes to change with BB10. Id like a smartphone with a RIM keyboard. Many people would.
    But for now, OS7 devices cant be called smartphones when you look at what the competitors can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    You call that a bashing article? Someone has their panties in a bunch. It is merely opinion. Get over it.
    I agree will all you.....why is this such a big deal. We've seen sites like BGR write way worse than this. This is very light bashing if u can even call it that. At least he didn't say RIM is completely dead and shouldn't even try putting out BB10.

At the end of the day...its just a phone people. No need to get upset because someone doesnt like the same brand we do
    Last edited by Rello; 01-07-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    QNX and LTE, hand me a pen and let's do this.
    **Taken from The Engine**

Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me

- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
    Thanked by:
    jakie55 (01-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

wow...i think some of you have gone bezerk..lol
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    jesse_h likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmy t View Post
    By the way, does he still write for anyone. I can't remember the last time I read one of his articles, if he is the guy I think he is.
    I'm pretty sure he has written for PC Magazine since the beginning, and still does - John C. Dvorak (Author Bio) - Page 1 | PCMag.com

SM
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    947 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by android2bb10 View Post
    John C. Dvorak is well known in the tech world as a curmudgeon. I remember him predicting that nobody would want to buy an iPhone when the first generation was announced. I used to enjoy listening to him on a popular tech podcast. His modus operandi is to grump about everything. He is seldom correct in his predictions.
    ...and MarketWatch has the integrity (stupidity?) to keep these old posts findable and live:

Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone - MarketWatch

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone
    Commentary: Company risks its reputation in competitive business"
    I was tapering off. I'm all tapered out now.
    CrackBerry Addict

I've always loved the way Dvorack gets people's dander up. I well remember his rants on how OS/2 would kill Micorosoft and Windows, and Netscape would win the browser wars. I still have a Dvorak simplified keyboard from the 80s. Even though he had nothing to do with the device (It originally came out in 1936) he pushed it heavily in the 80s-90s because of it's name.
    I take anything he reports on very lightly.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SMocek View Post
    I'm pretty sure he has written for PC Magazine since the beginning, and still does - John C. Dvorak (Author Bio) - Page 1 | PCMag.com

SM
    Yeah, I read an issue of PC Magazine on my PlayBook via Zinio just yesterday. He always has an editorial at the back. I also remember reading his stuff back in the 90's as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by mkelley65 View Post
    I've always loved the way Dvorack gets people's dander up. I well remember his rants on how OS/2 would kill Micorosoft and Windows, and Netscape would win the browser wars. I still have a Dvorak simplified keyboard from the 80s. Even though he had nothing to do with the device (It originally came out in 1936) he pushed it heavily in the 80s-90s because of it's name.
    I take anything he reports on very lightly.
    Yeah, he just hates RIM because they use a qwerty and not a Dvorak layout on their keyboard.
    Shiva Kamini Somakandarkram !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K Floyd

In 21 days most of these articles will have been forgotten like yesterday's dinner.
    Z30
    Thanked by:
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,068 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rello View Post
    I agree will all you.....why is this such a big deal. We've seen sites like BGR write way worse than this. This is very light bashing if u can even call it that. At least he didn't say RIM is completely dead and shouldn't even try putting out BB10.

At the end of the day...its just a phone people. No need to get upset because someone doesnt like the same brand we do
    Yah I'm trying mighty hard to conjure up some righteous indignation but I just can't seem to find the reason why....

Opinion piece.

Vast majority of what he says is documented and easily found.

Nothing to see here.....going outside to play.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Rello and jakie55 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

-Slowly reaches down and takes a handful of popcorn.
    Thanked by 2:
    Moonbase0ne (01-07-2013),  qbnkelt (01-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusIcarusHelios View Post
    ...double-sided phone...
    Since this is just an opinion piece and nothing will come from this thread other than maybe a banning or two. Here is an idea for a double-sided phone, well sort of.

Popslate launches iPhone 5 case with four-inch E Ink screen (video)
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,093 Global Posts

what this guy doesn't seem to get is that hardware isn't the most important aspect of a smartphone, the OS that runs it is.
    Sent from my Z30, Z10, or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

-BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig -BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast