Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gorang View Post
    I wanna say I believe him on this one lol
    Besides if you use PB really havily with BT on and 100% brightness you probably could drain it in about 3 hrs, especially OS1.0
    If you're going to quote Misek, you should at least quote the rest of his sentence. Paraphrasing here: "Better than any Android, but not as good as iPhone"
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,115 Global Posts

I don't care what the specs are long as its optimized perfectly fine. Heck I want good battery life, I don't want useless things that will never get used (quadcore).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well what does that say about iPhone? Brings me back to my point of better optimization = better performance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    334C9480

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    I expect the Aristo to be alike the 9981 Porsche. Exclusive and ... highly expensive IMHO.
    Exactly what I want, Porsche Design Full Touch! Not sure how they'll bling out a full touch but I want it!!!

The London will be my stopgap.
    Sent from my Atari 2600, in the back of my van, down by the river...

Storm /Storm2 .1015 /9850 7.1.0.861 /Z10 10.2.0.1725 /Z30 10.2.1.1055
    Playbook-16GBČ & 64GBČ
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts

Default Re: Interesting tweet from Vivek about the hardware

Well what does that say about iPhone? Brings me back to my point of better optimization = better performance.
    Is that a point that really needs making? Who is going to disagree with that, why it's practically a tautology.

The question remains:do you believe Misek regarding the iPhone being better?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    Is that a point that really needs making? Who is going to disagree with that, why it's practically a tautology.

I wouldn't be surprised, he is comparing developer device that's not completed to a product that's been in a process of perfecting for last 5 years.
    CrackBerry Genius

Is Aristo short for aristocrat?

I hope not, I prefer more subtle methods of establishing an "aspirational" brand.
    It is just an internal codename like London and others, they probably have so many projects going that it would be tricky to remember just internal code numbers prior to the confirmation of the official model and number.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor1986 View Post
    Maybe they just put a different cover on the back and we are all getting hot and bothered about nothing really.
    Don't forget about the new and improved shinier buttons. People love them some shiny buttons.
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's probably not a question that will be able to be answered until we see the low end BB 10 phone with 8 resource hogging apps running at once on some one's phone who also has 10 email accounts that receive 10 spam messages a minute and has 100 000 friends on various social networks all posting crap all day long with all notification settings turned on.

Then we will see if QNX and BB 10 are really in a class of their own. In other words we'll know when real people start doing stupid things with the phones that could not have been foreseen in testing.
    VeGiTo likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ad19 View Post
    I wonder if Vivek in the tweet is referring to the leaked images we've seen or the dev alpha hardware.
    If those words are coming directly from a RIM VP the company needs to raise the educational and communication standards of its employees. My head hurt reading the verbal rubbish.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by herculesinwyoming View Post
    Give Me A 5.5 inch BB10 phone and i will be a Happy camper.

Enjoy! lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interesting tweet from Vivek about the hardware-download.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Cozz4ever View Post
    Enjoy! lol
    Haha OS7 actually looks good on the big screen. One could argue that a bigger screen is all current BB's need.

As it relates to the tweet, I thought we already were made aware, through the teaser on the BB10 news page, that all we have been seeing is not final hardware and that RIM has more surprises in store.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Why so serious?

Default Re: Interesting tweet from Vivek about the hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Cozz4ever View Post
    Enjoy! lol
    Now THERE'S a samsung phone I can get behind
    ***One cannot get anywhere in life unless they are willing to steal the tiger's wallet.***
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    If those words are coming directly from a RIM VP the company needs to raise the educational and communication standards of its employees. My head hurt reading the verbal rubbish.
    It wasn't his tweet. He just retweeted someone else's tweet.
    battery likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by owadkelly View Post
    Haha OS7 actually looks good on the big screen. One could argue that a bigger screen is all current BB's need.

As it relates to the tweet, I thought we already were made aware, through the teaser on the BB10 news page, that all we have been seeing is not final hardware and that RIM has more surprises in store.
    Both 7 and bb10 screen shots look great on the samsung note 2. The bb10 bbm looks fabulous on a large screen. A larger screen and more power under the hood is what rim needs. Rim doesnt even need to go touch the 5.5 mark. A 4.7 to 5.0 will be enough for that niche market.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperionMaximus View Post
    That's probably not a question that will be able to be answered until we see the low end BB 10 phone with 8 resource hogging apps running at once on some one's phone who also has 10 email accounts that receive 10 spam messages a minute and has 100 000 friends on various social networks all posting crap all day long with all notification settings turned on.

Then we will see if QNX and BB 10 are really in a class of their own. In other words we'll know when real people start doing stupid things with the phones that could not have been foreseen in testing.
    i'm sure even the lower end curves will have a dual core CPU as why else would they claim that our current OS7 devices can't be upgraded to BB10. maybe we'll see the hardware of the Dev Alpha A in the curves
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,592 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    i'm sure even the lower end curves will have a dual core CPU as why else would they claim that our current OS7 devices can't be upgraded to BB10. maybe we'll see the hardware of the Dev Alpha A in the curves
    OS7 devices could have been upgraded to BB10, they just don't want to. Hardware is quite adaptable, after all a CPU is a CPU, and whatever can run on dual core can run on single core. Apps actually have to be written to take advantage of multi-processor computing, or else they just run on one. It's basically the same deal with WP7 phones not being upgraded to WP8. MS could have made it possible, they just chose not to bother.

I should mention, there's also a risk/reward factor involved in this type of upgrade. It's "possible" to make the upgrade happen, but whether it's worth it, for both the company and the end user, is something else entirely. For the company, the obvious detriment is cost. I'm sure there were a couple of MBAs sitting in a room somewhere figuring out exactly how much it would cost to make the upgrade, and exactly how much revenue it could potentially bring in. I'm guessing the cost benefit numbers weren't in favor of the upgrade. Another thing to consider is that an upgrade from OS7 to BB10 could possibly severely degrade the experience by running unacceptably slow or being unresponsive because of limited hardware capability. This was the case a couple years ago when iPhone 3G was upgraded to iOS4, and things didn't improve until an update released months later. There was quite an uproar about it actually.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    OS7 devices could have been upgraded to BB10, they just don't want to. Hardware is quite adaptable, after all a CPU is a CPU, and whatever can run on dual core can run on single core. Apps actually have to be written to take advantage of multi-processor computing, or else they just run on one. It's basically the same deal with WP7 phones not being upgraded to WP8. MS could have made it possible, they just chose not to bother.

I should mention, there's also a risk/reward factor involved in this type of upgrade. It's "possible" to make the upgrade happen, but whether it's worth it, for both the company and the end user, is something else entirely. For the company, the obvious detriment is cost. I'm sure there were a couple of MBAs sitting in a room somewhere figuring out exactly how much it would cost to make the upgrade, and exactly how much revenue it could potentially bring in. I'm guessing the cost benefit numbers weren't in favor of the upgrade. Another thing to consider is that an upgrade from OS7 to BB10 could possibly severely degrade the experience by running unacceptably slow or being unresponsive because of limited hardware capability. This was the case a couple years ago when iPhone 3G was upgraded to iOS4, and things didn't improve until an update released months later. There was quite an uproar about it actually.
    i know it could run but they claimed they wouldn't because QNX needed a dual core CPU, which is what i was saying i wonder what the curve will have if they opted for a single core OS7 users will be pretty ticked off as they were told their devices couldn't be upgraded because they required a dual core if they when for a dual core, its relitively higher end if its similar to what is offered in the L series, not many will notice a difference in GPU but will notice GHz
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I don't think you reflect the average consumer though. Most people don't shell out hundreds of dollars on mobile phones a scant few months apart.
    I'm sorry but have you not heard of the iPhone and the iPad? Variations released months apart and sell in the tens of millions. Check the news.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    The analogy is OK but the car chosen is wrong. It's more like a Mondeo and a Camry that third world people still can't afford.The flagship might be a 3 series Beamer. One that "does".
    WOW just wow the ignorance smh third world the F**k you mean development countrys nvm.Anyway thanks for tweet there are stickers right on the back of the leaks saying evaluation unit.Dont know why people panic like school girls ''omg is this and that gonna be there''.Just chill fall back RIM got this they know what they got to do.

Now Im thinking the dev devices have been tests to see how BB10 would run on PB specs.I dont even think dev devices are optimizied since its not full OS working so yeah well BB10 dev devices live up to their names..
    Last edited by RECOOL; 12-09-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    WOW just wow the ignorance smh third world the F**k you mean development countrys nvm.Anyway thanks for tweet there are stickers right on the back of the leaks saying evaluation unit.Dont know why people panic like school girls ''omg is this and that gonna be there''.Just chill fall back RIM got this they know what they got to do.

Now Im thinking the dev devices have been tests to see how BB10 would run on PB specs.I dont even think dev devices are optimizied since its not full OS working so yeah well BB10 dev devices live up to their names..
    you're probably right its either that or RIM is trying to use up some of the extra hardware they bought since the playbooks aren't sellign as well as they expected either way you look at it RIM is doign a fine job with developers and in some ways it"ll work out for them as a positive even if just a small positive
    dentynefire likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Here is the thing, with all the rumors going around along with leaked images, it's great to see hints that what we are seeing isn't final.

There is also alot of assumptions of what the launch device will be. I would say forget all the codenames we are seeing now. I remember seeing a report that Thor was using an iPhone and then an SGS3, to which he said he wanted to see what the competition is like. This is great. He is paying attention. If all the sneak peaks we have been getting isn't complete, and yet the OS is so fluid, one can imagine what the full fledge device would be like.

Again RIM last year bought a RF tuning company that also does battery optimization, so expect the battery life to be better.
    I don't believe its fair to compare BB10 to anything yet as this OS has yet to reveal it's true strength.
    Nanakorobi yaoki
    _____

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 (OS: 10.2.1.2977)
    lboogie_1971_ likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,963 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    you're probably right its either that or RIM is trying to use up some of the extra hardware they bought since the playbooks aren't sellign as well as they expected either way you look at it RIM is doign a fine job with developers and in some ways it"ll work out for them as a positive even if just a small positive
    Heck, even I've been impressed with the change in RIM's developer relations, and RIM has not done much to impress me lately.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

I wouldn't be surprised, he is comparing developer device that's not completed to a product that's been in a process of perfecting for last 5 years.
    I would be happy with an all-touch BlackBerry 10 smartphone with the same size (the screen must cover the entire device as the screen and keyboard on my current BlackBerry Bold 9700 and 9780) but it must include a side-slider keyboard for landscape-oriented typing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's cute what people think 3rd world countries are like. People need to leave their first world bubble.

Anyways it won't surprise me if they change what the final hardware looks like. I think it will have the same idea just different material. Doesn't matter to me really just want January 30 to come.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast