Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    CrackBerry User

Are you saying the Aristo will enter at a higher price point than the iphone or S3 (since both are flagship devices)? I think if a lot of the world can afford iphone or S3, then I think a lot of the world should be able to afford Aristo (this is coming from a guy from a third world country btw). According to IDC, smartphones is 50% of the worldwide market, and growing at 16.8% yearly. If RIM is supposed to beat Apple and Android at their game, then releasing Aristo gives them a good chance to do it, no?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

errr, so car analogys aside (like who forgot the M5 exactly?!) this isnt a tweet from vivek, its simply someone`s (@frinzo) tweet that he has retweeted.

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    Thanked by:
    Toodeurep (12-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    288beaf3

Excuse u I'm from the third world country the caribbean to be exact the British Virgin Islands and to let u know we have bmws range rovers and excited here especially in the United States virgin Islands and we also have 4g to and soon to have 4g lte so I dunno where u guys get this we can't afford thing from
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T-Raww View Post
    Excuse u I'm from the third world country the caribbean to be exact the British Virgin Islands and to let u know we have bmws range rovers and excited here especially in the United States virgin Islands and we also have 4g to and soon to have 4g lte so I dunno where u guys get this we can't afford thing from
    British Virgin Islands an emerging market? Are you kidding me? Per capita GDP in the BVI is within 10% of the US.
    CrackBerry Abuser

BVI has a per capita GDP greater than $40K, which is very high. So I don't know how you classify it as third world.

Anyway, RIM is going to launch whatever they feel like. I am sure they are not considering their client base since they never have before. More specifically, they are going to release phones based on what is cheapest for them to make, and that will be whichever they think they will sell most of.
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts

I think the teaser shot is final hardware. Is that what you are doubting because of the tweet?
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I don't think you reflect the average consumer though. Most people don't shell out hundreds of dollars on mobile phones a scant few months apart. Tech enthusiasts do that, not average consumers, so no, I disagree with your theory that staggering launches will get people to buy both. People like you yes. Most people no. The average reaction would be "wtf, I just bought this phone, locked into a contract, and now you show this other phone just a few months after the fact?"
    People like up-front behaviour from a company, not marketing gimmicks. Show me what you have out the gate, and let ME decide whether I want an entry, mid, or high level phone, not you.
    It won't be a scant few months apart, there is zero chance of Aristo coming out much earlier than this time next year, the next device to be released after L and N is clearly going to be a lower-priced model or two in order to boost sales volumes after the hopefully brisk early rush on the launch devices.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Maybe they will just leave Aristo for next year Christmas season

PS I regret making that car analogy lol
    travaz, kbz1960 and jakie55 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by gorang View Post
    Well think of it in car analogy L and N are like 5 series bmw and they are aiming it for entire world but not everyone can afford it, after that they will release their 'curve' models probably in qwerty and touch editions (3 series) that will sell in high numbers in markets where masses can't afford higher end L and N, and after that they will release Aristo (7 series-flagship) device that will be available for the entire world but will be mostly purchased buy NA market that can afford those dovices. That gives u 5 devices, 6th device (he didn't say phones but devices) could possibly be another playbook, possibly 10 inch edition
    No, Thorsten clarified the 6 devices comment in a later interview where he revealed that they would all be phones, one QWERTY and one full touch in the high end, mid range and low end. He then mentioned there would be more thne 6 SKUs but that the SKUs would be variations tailored to different regions technologies and several different colour options. I'm to lazy at this moment to look for it, but it was the same interview that Thorsten said they were still thinking about tablets.

While I believe that RIM is doing much more then just thinking about tablets as every leaked road map we've seen on CrackBerry and elsewhere includes a 10" Tablet, the 6 devices that Thorsten has mentioned in several interviews do appear to all be phones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm sure that the final L-Series will be about 90% identical to the leaked devices we've seen. They clearly have tweaked the device slightly to give it a bit more premium look as the first official teaser image reveals. The leaked L-series have all had soft touch back covers and matte finish Playbook-esque buttons. The teaser reveals a new carbon fiber looking back cover and brightly coloured polished steel or aluminum buttons. These appear to be slight cosmetic changes though and the overall shape, size, button placement, camera placement etc all remain unchanged from the leaked devices. The front also likely has some minor tweaks to the top and bottom portions, but the over all design seems pretty much final.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,122 Global Posts

Is Aristo short for aristocrat?

I hope not, I prefer more subtle methods of establishing an "aspirational" brand.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SuperionMaximus View Post
    No, Thorsten clarified the 6 devices comment in a later interview where he revealed that they would all be phones, one QWERTY and one full touch in the high end, mid range and low end. He then mentioned there would be more thne 6 SKUs but that the SKUs would be variations tailored to different regions technologies and several different colour options. I'm to lazy at this moment to look for it, but it was the same interview that Thorsten said they were still thinking about tablets.

While I believe that RIM is doing much more then just thinking about tablets as every leaked road map we've seen on CrackBerry and elsewhere includes a 10" Tablet, the 6 devices that Thorsten has mentioned in several interviews do appear to all be phones.

this ans didn't he also state the first release of BB10 devices would be high end all touch and QWERTY?
    Banned

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts
    PIN
    5028A10E

Quote Originally Posted by herculesinwyoming View Post
    Give Me A 5.5 inch BB10 phone and i will be a Happy camper.
    Good lord....are you 8 feet tall or something?!?!?! lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    995 Global Posts

Whatever it is, I can't freaking wait for it. Just give me BB10 L Series (sorry QWERTY lovers including myself but its time for a touch screen phone).
    Thanked by:
    THBW (12-09-2012) 
    travaz and jakie55 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    this ans didn't he also state the first release of BB10 devices would be high end all touch and QWERTY?
    Those are L and N
    CrackBerry Genius

Those are L and N
    no doubt but compared to the A series the L is pretty med level

Global Posts
    23,393 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

Quote Originally Posted by GTiLeo View Post
    no doubt but compared to the A series the L is pretty med level
    but no one knows about it so to most the L is high end
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lol funny how Android manufacturers brainwashed everyone into thinking that if its not highest number its probably not good enough. L and N will be awesome, A series will just be awesomer, don't stress guys, A series is only for geeks that wanna tell their friends what specs it has
    CrackBerry Genius

Lol funny how Android manufacturers brainwashed everyone into thinking that if its not highest number its probably not good enough. L and N will be awesome, A series will just be awesomer, don't stress guys, A series is only for geeks that wanna tell their friends what specs it has
    lol no one is saying that specs are everything but higher specs are genereally higher else right or wrong, we don't actually know what will come out so we'll eventually see once it is unveiled
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well obviously the higher specs the better the performance but only if its optimized. Just consider that when Peter Misek talked about first impressions of dev alpha B he said that its better than any Androir currently available. Now we can't take his word as a fact but at least it shows that if OS is optimised for HW performace can be better even if its not the highest. And if L series really is better than any Android currently available what would Aristo do to them?
    jakie55 and lboogie_1971_ like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Well obviously the higher specs the better the performance but only if its optimized. Just consider that when Peter Misek talked about first impressions of dev alpha B he said that its better than any Androir currently available. Now we can't take his word as a fact but at least it shows that if OS is optimised for HW performace can be better even if its not the highest. And if L series really is better than any Android currently available what would Aristo do to them?
    he also said the PlayBook had 3 hours battery. id rather ask my dog for `impressions` over him lol

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wanna say I believe him on this one lol
    Besides if you use PB really havily with BT on and 100% brightness you probably could drain it in about 3 hrs, especially OS1.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

Maybe they just put a different cover on the back and we are all getting hot and bothered about nothing really.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by notafanboy View Post
    Is Aristo short for aristocrat?

I hope not, I prefer more subtle methods of establishing an "aspirational" brand.
    I`m pretty sure Aristo means "perfect" or "excellent" in Greek
    notfanboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor1986 View Post
    Maybe they just put a different cover on the back and we are all getting hot and bothered about nothing really.
    Hot new cover gives you at least .2 Ghz lol
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast