Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,786 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Default Re: Instagram to be released for US launch?

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    That is no way to talk to Thor...

Lighten up, V. It's all good...
    Wonder if he realises that he just told Kevin, Bla1ze, Adam, Alex Kinsella, and Simon Sage that they're not grown ups.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 02-25-2013 at 04:16 AM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Instagram to be released for US launch?

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Wonder if he realises that he just told Kevin, Bla1ze, Adam, Alex Kinsella, and Simon Sage that they're not grown ups.

They not saying that they won't use BB10 because there isn't instagram. And another thing against instagram, they can sell your photos without your permission! So I guess keep singing their praises.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-25-2013) 

Global Posts
    19,786 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by vzinside View Post
    They not saying that they won't use BB10 because there isn't instagram. And another thing against instagram, they can sell your photos without your permission! So I guess keep singing their praises.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    So who HAS said that they won't use BB because there is no Instagram? And why should what anyone does on his/her device be of any concern to you?

If you don't want to use Instagram you don't have to. It is not compulsory. It is an option, to go back to your car analogy. And BB's competitors are supporting it, so if BB want to regain relevance in the US it needs to compete with the big phones coming up that will be right alongside the Z10. Coming up are the SGIV, the HTC One, and the iPhone 5S. They all support Instagram.

And you might want to research the photo selling angle.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ins...ry?id=18009451

http://blog.instagram.com/post/38252...were-listening

http://www.mobileburn.com/21046/news...ng-your-photos

All this activity is happening without BB. These are users who are using other devices. It would do a world of good for BB to tap into these numbers.

90 million Monthly Active Users
    40 million Photos Per Day
    8500 Likes Per Second
    1000 Comments Per Second
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 02-25-2013 at 05:54 AM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by 3:
    Alex_Hong (02-25-2013),  Fya_Fly (03-18-2013) 
    MC_A_DOT likes this.

Blackberry has already stated that Instagram WILL be there on USA launch time in March .. so nothing to worry about.

Global Posts
    19,786 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by world traveler and former ceo View Post
    Blackberry has already stated that Instagram WILL be there on USA launch time in March .. so nothing to worry about.
    Thankfully.

I remember all the brouhaha over WhatsApp and some those people who were all up in arms about its lack of security are using it now on their Z10s. There were threads that went on for weeks. Suddenly their concerns about the app disappeard.

It will be interesting to see how many of the anti-Instagram group will begin using it after it gets on the Z10. For me, when I check the Z10 and the Q10, and if I decide to get one, I will get Instagram, just like on all my other current non BB devices.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 02-25-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    iMore Ambassador
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Whats instagram?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by world traveler and former ceo View Post
    I recall reading this somewhere but I forget where . . .source please?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    766 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sportline View Post
    Whats instagram?

Posted via CB10
    Unless you like taking pictures of your feet, your food or odd angles/closeups of everyday objects, have a fixed wheel bike, use a messenger bag (but not to deliver messages) daily and have Lego hair you will never know.

It's an app that takes crisp 8mp images and makes them look like you smeared crap on the lens.
    iPhone 5S, Space Black on O2 UK
    iPad Mini Retina WiFi, 64Gb

My BB History: 7130 >8700 >8100 >8120 >8120(RED) >9000 >9500 >9520 >9810 >Z10
    Plus a bunch of other pre-production devices, including the only RED Pearl Flip ever made.
    mad.dog99 likes this.

Global Posts
    19,786 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
    Unless you like taking pictures of your feet, your food or odd angles/closeups of everyday objects, have a fixed wheel bike, use a messenger bag (but not to deliver messages) daily and have Lego hair you will never know.

It's an app that takes crisp 8mp images and makes them look like you smeared crap on the lens.
    If I want to send pictures of my pedicure to show my friends, I do so. None are on my Instragram, by the way.
    Haven't taken one single picture of my food.
    No odd angles of anything.
    No fixed wheel bike.
    No messenger bag; a shopper and a small shoulder bag.
    I've got great hair, don't know what Lego hair is.
    I have fun, along with my friends, with the pics we take. Notice - we have fun.

Since you know what it is, do you take pictures of your feet, your food, or odd angles/closeups of every day objects? Have you got Lego hair? Do you take pics and make them look like you smeared the lens?
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Genius

Oh...i never even wanted to know then... Bbm and bbm group is the only best way to share. Its painless. And you can interact and share at the same time. Instagram is probably similar to fecebook?

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    19,786 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by sportline View Post
    Oh...i never even wanted to know then... Bbm and bbm group is the only best way to share. Its painless. And you can interact and share at the same time. Instagram is probably similar to fecebook?

Posted via CB10
    It is, in a sense, since it is its own network. However, unlike FB, contacts on Instagram may not necessarily have personal information about you.
    Example - I have a golden retriever and a border collie. I am also into equestrian sports and dog training. Because of my interests, I belong to forums where we share pictures. However, these are international forums and I don't want my information on FB to be visible to people I don't know.

Sharing through Instagram lets me interact with my contacts from these forums without having them be part of my FB contacts.
    iMore Ambassador
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    THIS!!!! IF they don't get this, I don't they get it.

Iphones only appeal to a teeny boppers and unemployable people. It's been proven over and over that a BB is for profescenals and adults! FACT:

It's exactly like Aquaman and the sheeps who like spiderman. Anyone knows that Aquaman IS a superhero, who also just happens to be a man. Spiderman is a man, who PRETENDS to be a superhero, but only a &@! doesn't see right through it. Aquaman is for adults, and for intellgient people.

SO stop trolling itools! You need apps because you're too stoopid to use a browser. Superheros use browsers period.

PS> SO iphone crashed the space shuttle....figures.. THat's what they get for playing games with lives, and all because some astronaught wanted to play angry birds with his kid, or instagram some space particles or whatnot. Give it up qbnkelt, it's already been proven iphone is a toy, so you're just being stubborn.
    LMFAOOO HAHAHAHA

Im finding it so hard to hold in my laughter at my desk after reading that hahaha cheers
    Thanked by:
    xandermac (02-27-2013) 
    xandermac likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,251 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

This made me laugh. Although Instagram can be so much more, I have 3 sisters and 1 brother all under the age 20 that are on there and this just summed up their contributions exactly.

Either way, social media is a valuable tool and I would like to see this come to BB10 as a native application.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,418 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

Seriously, you lot start early...
    Instagram: @naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: @naviwilliams
    Banned

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Well you can pretty much spin any phone or app negatively if you want to be bitter about it

blackberry - unless you like pretending/thinking you are successful and getting things done you won't need a blackberry phone. it is mostly used by teenagers or low entry workers that love to go on forum and tell people their phone is a tool and not a toy. It really boosts their ego. o yea, most of the users are really bitter and find every excuse to support their company even when it is illogical.

facebook- dont use it unless you want to post drunk picture of yourself and being an attention *****.. etc etc.

i dont use it and i have no interest in it, but why not be open and not be bitter cause other people want it? you just insulted everyone that used and liked it.

you sound too attached to BBRY. keep in mind you dont have to keep making excuse for lack of app or insult others just because BBRY doesn't have it and potential customers/customers want it. you do know BBRY have no feeling for you right? i know it sucks when it is one sided the feeling.

Global Posts
    19,786 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Seriously, you lot start early...
    I've got the flu.... :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

If we don't get it, there's always going to be 'Instago'.
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowezine View Post
    True but even That app has some limited features...
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #144  

Quote Originally Posted by Crowezine View Post
    An Instagram app that you won't be able to upload pics? You call that an app are you just freaking kidding me?!
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Flavor View Post
    who cares, blackberries are tools, not toys!
    you do realize that instagram is in fact, a tool right?
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    THIS!!!! IF they don't get this, I don't they get it.

Iphones only appeal to a teeny boppers and unemployable people. It's been proven over and over that a BB is for profescenals and adults! FACT:

It's exactly like Aquaman and the sheeps who like spiderman. Anyone knows that Aquaman IS a superhero, who also just happens to be a man. Spiderman is a man, who PRETENDS to be a superhero, but only a &@! doesn't see right through it. Aquaman is for adults, and for intellgient people.

SO stop trolling itools! You need apps because you're too stoopid to use a browser. Superheros use browsers period.

PS> SO iphone crashed the space shuttle....figures.. THat's what they get for playing games with lives, and all because some astronaught wanted to play angry birds with his kid, or instagram some space particles or whatnot. Give it up qbnkelt, it's already been proven iphone is a toy, so you're just being stubborn.
    this mentality is exactly what got the 2 CEO's booted from the company. calling everything else toys while your marketshare dwindles from >50% to 4%. whether you like it or not, those "toys" became greatly more functional than BB's. It's 2013, businesses use social media and apps to connect with clients. BB no longer offered a platform that could adapt to a growing market. if you think email is the end all of business communications, then i would remind you that even the email functions of BB were surpassed by both google and apple. if you haven't been to a corporate meeting or a growing office space, you'll notice that the tide shifted quite a while ago, it's definitely your right to scream "nobody gets it this is the best" but that won't save the brand you love. the web browser does not address the app situation and to suggest it does only goes to show the extreme disconnect that many blackberry "professionals" have about what is going on in the mobile market. i'm not defending apple products specifically, as i don't use them. but get a grip on reality. as it stands right now, i'll be purchasing a z10, i have serious doubts as to whether or not i will be able to keep the device as i'm losing a lot of features. so when i do purchase it, it will be considered a toy until it proves itself otherwise, because the list of things i'm losing by going back to blackberry is large.

if your post was a joke, kudos, i fell for it.
    Thanked by:
    nycspaces. (03-02-2013) 

Global Posts
    19,786 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    this mentality is exactly what got the 2 CEO's booted from the company. calling everything else toys while your marketshare dwindles from >50% to 4%. whether you like it or not, those "toys" became greatly more functional than BB's. It's 2013, businesses use social media and apps to connect with clients. BB no longer offered a platform that could adapt to a growing market. if you think email is the end all of business communications, then i would remind you that even the email functions of BB were surpassed by both google and apple. if you haven't been to a corporate meeting or a growing office space, you'll notice that the tide shifted quite a while ago, it's definitely your right to scream "nobody gets it this is the best" but that won't save the brand you love. the web browser does not address the app situation and to suggest it does only goes to show the extreme disconnect that many blackberry "professionals" have about what is going on in the mobile market. i'm not defending apple products specifically, as i don't use them. but get a grip on reality. as it stands right now, i'll be purchasing a z10, i have serious doubts as to whether or not i will be able to keep the device as i'm losing a lot of features. so when i do purchase it, it will be considered a toy until it proves itself otherwise, because the list of things i'm losing by going back to blackberry is large.

if your post was a joke, kudos, i fell for it.
    It was

iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    It was

that's ok, there are still people who can benefit from reading it.
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (02-26-2013) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I assume this is sarcasm? We really need apps that my friends and associates use.
    Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Flavor View Post
    who cares, blackberries are tools, not toys!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,715 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108

I love food pictures! "Look at my food, LOOK AT IT".

Incidentally Jamie Oliver, on his food tube channel, has an entire series dedicated to food photography.

Instagram is a lot of fun. It's just a quick simple way to keep up with friends and brands without all the sponsored/promoted bs on other networks.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    Twitter: xandermac
    Thanked by 2:
    MC_A_DOT (02-28-2013),  qbnkelt (02-28-2013) 
    qbnkelt and MC_A_DOT like this.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast