Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Like Tree378Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

So after all that, turns out it will be native app after all. See the recent crackberry blog posting
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #102  

What native app? What are you talking about here?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Sorry. I think I may have posted in the wrong forum. I was referring to What's app being native. My bad.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,471 Global Posts

Default Re: Instagram to be released for US launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabooy View Post
    1 out of 90 million people who don't care. No buddy I don't think so.
    Really it would be more like 910 million of a pool of a billion smatphone users don't care with only 90 million caring right? Sorry couldn't resist.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    Yes, but not Instagram's social network.

It's kinda like saying one doesn't have access to Facebook, but is able to get Twitter. For some people, Facebook's network is invaluable.

One thing I'm sure of... Instagram is paying this thing perfectly.
    So the social network is just bigger on Instagram?
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    19,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsdad View Post
    Don't know if it's bigger. Highly doubt it. But it's different.

I can keep my contacts on Instagram completely separate from FB and Twitter. Example.....no one on CB is on my FB. Some are on Twitter. Two are on Instagram. I don't want my kids pics on Twitter or Instagram, and I don't want contacts from Instagram with access to pics of my kids. So I keep different aspects of my life separate from different groups.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador

Global Posts
    7,471 Global Posts

What kills me is this derailment started by the "tools not toys" comment, a comment from a person who is not a blackberry fan, starts stuff all time here, and obviously meant to be sarcastic jab at people now wanting apps on Z10. So a troll caused the users/defenders of other platforms to derail a thread. Please look at who is posting the comment and their posting history before flinging poo people because their are plenty of hit and run posters here on CrackBerry that just want to muck stuff up.

Global Posts
    19,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by lnichols View Post
    What kills me is this derailment started by the "tools not toys" comment, a comment from a person who is not a blackberry fan, starts stuff all time here, and obviously meant to be sarcastic jab at people now wanting apps on Z10. So a troll caused the users/defenders of other platforms to derail a thread. Please look at who is posting the comment and their posting history before flinging poo people because their are plenty of hit and run posters here on CrackBerry that just want to muck stuff up.
    Interesting assessment.
    So we revisit the derailment?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    iMore Ambassador
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #109  

Really it would be more like 910 million of a pool of a billion smatphone users don't care with only 90 million caring right? Sorry couldn't resist.
    Sorry I meant 1 out of 90 million people that do care about Instagram as to 1 person that don't care.

My bad man.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    PIN
    2805D8E9

Quote Originally Posted by vzinside View Post
    Picking a phone because of an app, no program not going to say app anymore, is like choosing what car you're going to buy because of the color of the calipers. It's just an add on that does nothing to the performance of the phone. Besides, it is coming, and it could be ported from the android program.
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    No, it's more like not buying a car because it doesn't have calipers. One of the things I need a car to do is stop when I mash on the brake pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    BB's last great bastion is security.

Consumers care more about Instagram. Go figure.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well I care about security. But how secure is it now that BIS is gone ???
    Enyigma likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by njblackberry View Post
    @SYDSAM, really... The BB is a tool and the iPhone is a toy. Bet you still call them iSheep also. As opposed to zSheep.
    Please. People want their apps and they want them now. I have never used Instagram so I have no interest in it. The True Believer of BlackBerry is strong within you.

Why else would Thorsten (not Thor) Heins have showed off all of those consumer apps. Both are toys and both are business tools.
    Sorry I missed this. I agree with you. Both can be used for work and play. It's just that one is more focused on work and the other on play. Nothing wrong with that.

Global Posts
    19,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Willie View Post
    Well I care abo security. But how secure is it now that BIS is gone ???
    No official word from BB on how the NOC is used. BB10 goes through Active Sync now just like all other email.

However, QNX is supposed to be the answer to BB's security now. Only time will tell.
    iMore Ambassador
    jbullock126 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sydsam View Post
    There is a difference in where you start. Z10 is a smartphone that can be a toy. iPhone is a toy that tries to be a smartphone. And this is the point everybody is making.

Posted via CB10
    THIS!!!! IF they don't get this, I don't they get it.

Iphones only appeal to a teeny boppers and unemployable people. It's been proven over and over that a BB is for profescenals and adults! FACT:

It's exactly like Aquaman and the sheeps who like spiderman. Anyone knows that Aquaman IS a superhero, who also just happens to be a man. Spiderman is a man, who PRETENDS to be a superhero, but only a &@! doesn't see right through it. Aquaman is for adults, and for intellgient people.

SO stop trolling itools! You need apps because you're too stoopid to use a browser. Superheros use browsers period.

PS> SO iphone crashed the space shuttle....figures.. THat's what they get for playing games with lives, and all because some astronaught wanted to play angry birds with his kid, or instagram some space particles or whatnot. Give it up qbnkelt, it's already been proven iphone is a toy, so you're just being stubborn.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,824 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsdad View Post
    Don't know that it is bigger either, to be honest. I suspect so; but some folks seem to think the draw is the filters. It really isn't. It's the network, IMHO.

To understand why folks want it, one has to figure out why MAJOR corporations are using it to connect with the public. That alone is reason enough for BBRY to get it

Millions of people...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    PIN
    2805D8E9

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post
    THIS!!!! IF they don't get this, I don't they get it.

Iphones only appeal to a teeny boppers and unemployable people. It's been proven over and over that a BB is for profescenals and adults! FACT:

It's exactly like Aquaman and the sheeps who like spiderman. Anyone knows that Aquaman IS a superhero, who also just happens to be a man. Spiderman is a man, who PRETENDS to be a superhero, but only a &@! doesn't see right through it. Aquaman is for adults, and for intellgient people.

SO stop trolling itools! You need apps because you're too stoopid to use a browser. Superheros use browsers period.

PS> SO iphone crashed the space shuttle....figures.. THat's what they get for playing games with lives, and all because some astronaught wanted to play angry birds with his kid, or instagram some space particles or whatnot. Give it up qbnkelt, it's already been proven iphone is a toy, so you're just being stubborn.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Fixed that for you. I am also assuming you meant professionals, which by your post, you don't seem to be.

People like you make me want to hide my BB.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts
    PIN
    I Don't Know You Like That!

Attachment 137604
    Is there really any time that you just need to share a poor quality cell phone pic with everyone you know the second you take it. I was shown some pictures on instagram and none of them were of any quality. Does the world really need another social network? How about next time you are going to take that pic on your cell phone, don't and just enjoy the experance. And really, how often do you go back and look at all those pictures that you just had to take? Now I know on here you're going to say that you do it all the time, but at least be honest with yourself.
    Interesting. No one "needs" to share pics via Instagram. I guess they just like to. I see no harm in it if you have friends and family that wish to see said pictures. Not all cell phone pictures are poor quality. I've been shown pics from a friend on Instagram(I don't use it myself), and the quality was good. Does the world need another social platform? I'm not sure. Maybe, maybe not. But, I see it as something that's completely optional, and if I don't like or want to to use it, I don't have to. No bother to me. But, if someone in college or where ever can come up with an ideal/program, and get millions of people to like it, and they become rich from their hard work, good for them. Especially if they can improve upon another social platform. Did Tony Stark really need so many suits when he already a bunch that worked fine? Some people enjoy taking pictures. Some enjoy taking a ton of them. Some enjoy sharing those pictures on their cellphones to Facebook, Twitter, and, yes, even Instagram. Who am I or anyone else to say to them "Don't do it". And, even if they only looked at their Instagram page only once a month, I don't see why that's even an issue for anyone but them.

I personally LOVE seeing people trying to improve on what we have and looking for ways to make it better(ala Tony Stark). Even if it's not for me, at least it's a step moving forward.
    If your tired of someone's comments, why not just put them on Ignore

"While your computer's crashing, mine's multitasking, it does all my work without me even asking"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,153 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richardat View Post

Wtf???
    Thanked by 2:
    Alex_Hong (02-25-2013),  Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (02-25-2013) 

Global Posts
    7,471 Global Posts

OK so anyway Instagram will be on BB10 and will be native and released in March! So people that want it and use it have one less barrier to migrate to or back to BlackBerry from Android or iPhone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Default Instagram to be released for US launch?

Quote Originally Posted by stabstabdie View Post
    Wtf???
    sarcasm

Can anybody post the like to Kevin's post with "where there's a will there's a way"? I've tried to find it but have been unsuccessful.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

OK so anyway Instagram will be on BB10 and will be native and released in March! So people that want it and use it have one less barrier to migrate to or back to BlackBerry from Android or iPhone.
    What did I miss? I thought it was definitely a port.

Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Toodeurep View Post
    sarcasm

Can anybody post the like to Kevin's post with "where there's a will there's a way"? I've tried to find it but have been unsuccessful.

wasnt that post deleted?
    CrackBerry Addict

I think the pic that Kevin posted in response to the article was in fact a native version of Instagram. However, he probably overstepped his bounds by posting that pic, and insinuating what he did, hence the article he posted later in an attempt to backtrack.

As we just saw with the whats app situation, not even RIM can comment on when partner developers will release apps for BB10. As Alec Saunders said it is not their place to do so. The developer is the only one that can confirm. I think the Instagram holdup is due to MS's 1.6% ownership in FB. They are probably holding it back until the Win 8 version is ready to go.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Bottom line is, who cares? If instagram is that important to you, then don't come to BB. It's that simple. All we have on here is a couple of people who tell the rest of us that "we just don't get it". Just stick to your toys, and let the grownups get the work done.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 that doesn't have instagram using Tapatalk
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,824 Global Posts

Bottom line is, who cares? If instagram is that important to you, then don't come to BB. It's that simple. All we have on here is a couple of people who tell the rest of us that "we just don't get it". Just stick to your toys, and let the grownups get the work done.

That is no way to talk to Thor...

Lighten up, V. It's all good...
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (02-25-2013) 
    qbnkelt likes this.

Global Posts
    19,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Said the grown up posting memes and throwing temper tantrums.

We understand you are on a crusade against Instagram. Fortunately reasonable people who understand what BB needs to compete against upcoming monster phones don't agree with you.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    adrianod1993 (03-02-2013) 
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast