Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 109
Like Tree92Likes
  1. FRG_RC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    192 Posts
    PIN
    Maybe you should ask for it
    #26  

    Default

    I think it's more like "what it works for me, maybe doesn't work for you." I find Instagram totally useless, but a LOT of people DO find it useful, it all comes down to that. If it works for you, cool, download it, if not, then shut the f**** up and let it be, it doesn't affect you, right?

    I kinda find amusing how people go this thread about apps that they DON'T LIKE or WANT to complain about other people wanting those apps.

    So, this is indeed good news for BB10
  2. BaconMunch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    590 Posts
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Where is Kevin Michaluk? I figured he'd be on this fast!
  3. Hawkeberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    595 Posts
    #28  

    Default

    one popular app announcement everyday till 30th Jan something that will beat WP8's "46 of 50 top apps"

    Quote Originally Posted by FRG_RC View Post
    I think it's more like "what it works for me, maybe doesn't work for you." I find Instagram totally useless, but a LOT of people DO find it useful, it all comes down to that.
    "useful" might sound bit of a stretch but it actually is. My state is known for industries and business. The tourism guys (not the lazy govt ones) here use instagram to show less known places that can be interesting to travellers. I tag them on photos if I see something interesting during my travels. It is very good use of technology and it works.

    Lol this is an evil image :P Don't you know Domino's have a website?
    Last edited by Hawkeberry; 12-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (12-19-2012) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
  4. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,953 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconMunch View Post
    Where is Kevin Michaluk? I figured he'd be on this fast!
    He's like Beetlejuice, you have to say his name 3 times before he appears.
    JeepBB likes this.
  5. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,664 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,670 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FRG_RC View Post
    I find Instagram totally useless, but a LOT of people DO find it useful, it all comes down to that. If it works for you, cool, download it, if not, then shut the f**** up and let it be, it doesn't affect you, right?
    Exactly!!!!

    I don't 'get it' either (and yes, I have tried it on my iPhone and iPod touch), but I have lots of friends who are on it and share photos from it daily. For BlackBerry 10 to appeal to these folks, Instagram needs to be on it.
  6. AfroZepher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,186 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeberry View Post
    . . .



    Though this sounds interesting, such things don't really work. Took part in few petitions for PlayBook. They will make an app for BB10 only if it makes sense for them financially.
    Quite frankly I can't say for certain that it does or does not work . . .what I can say is it doesn't hurt to try and that companies who are truly concerned with consumer satisfaction will listen but only if you show a large enough consumer interest. . .the majority of apps I petition for I have no interest in using. . .but I show interest because I know there is a chance it will help the platform I'm looking to use and it might actually work. . .maybe. . .who knows . . . if one quarter of BB users send an email to every major developer it will at the very least cause waves. . .maybe even an app some time in the future . . . it's worth the try no?
    Thanked by:
    BB_Bmore (12-20-2012) 
  7. Hawkeberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    595 Posts
    #32  

    Default Re: Instagram for BB10

    Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post
    Quite frankly I can't say for certain that it does or does not work . . .what I can say is it doesn't hurt to try and that companies who are truly concerned with consumer satisfaction will listen but only if you show a large enough consumer interest. . .the majority of apps I petition for I have no interest in using. . .but I show interest because I know there is a chance it will help the platform I'm looking to use and it might actually work. . .maybe. . .who knows . . . if one quarter of BB users send an email to every major developer it will at the very least cause waves. . .maybe even an app some time in the future . . . it's worth the try no?
    Agree. Will give it a try. Nothing to lose

    Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
    Thanked by:
    AfroZepher (12-19-2012) 
    AfroZepher likes this.
  8. Justthecrack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    204 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    It will be one of the top downloads in App World as soon as it's available.
    Thankfully, the supposed collective opinion of Crackberry denizens is not reflective of the general phone-using populace.
    Your general phone using populace is not the same as mine. Outside of the few that are still in their teens, I know no one that uses Instagram, and none of them visit Crackberry.

    I also don't see where the collective opinion on this website is negative towards the app. You just have people who admit they dont use it and have no use for it, plus a few that will be negative simply because it's not on the platform. Those folks aren't in the majority. Even in this thread it is still heavily slanted toward people who want it.

    I guess some folks just like fighting against air.
  9. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,635 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,180 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justthecrack View Post
    I guess some folks just like fighting against air.
    Or some misguided moral high ground where BBs must remain completely devoid of any apps that might be described as "fun" because, you know, BBs are tools, not toys, and must be differentiated from iPhones and Androids at all cost because THEY are toys, not tools.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
  10. JeepBB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,909 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    My lovable Englishman won't touch FB....bit of a bummer......he won't budge.....
    All Englishmen are lovable, qbnkelt! I believe it may be a genetic thing.

    Off-topic, but I always chuckle when BB'ers proudly quote the "BB is a tool" expression. On this side of the pond, being described as "a tool" isn't complimentary. In British slang it means stupid and useless, e.g. "that bloke is a complete tool".
    Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)

    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (12-20-2012) 
    qbnkelt and john_v like this.
  11. lnichols's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    7,033 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,571 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    People aren't saying apps aren't important, they obviously are. People are getting sick and tired of hearing/reading "If app X isn't there I won't switch", or "I use app X all the time so it needs to be there", and then the follow-on implications that if that person doesn't switch then no one will switch and BB10 will be a failure. There have been many apps that haven't been announced and RIM is trying to have a meaningful announcement on January 30th which means that they may have asked companies via either NDA or business agreement to deny to the public that they are writing apps for BB10, but they may in fact be there at launch. Instagram has been the biggest red herring of all because CBK said it was coming over a month ago I believe, and people still whine about not having something from RIM that is official stating it is coming and having to tell us why it needs to be on BB10. Wait for the fracking announcement on January 30th people and then go off on your app tirades and stating why one app is more important than another and trying to sell the CB community on its sheer awesomeness. For many people if BB10 did not have Instagram available it would prevent them from switching to or trying the platform, for many other people if Instagram isn't there it won't stop them from buying the device. Better to be there than not to have both groups covered, but it isn't the end all be all app, in fact no single app is. What is important to one, is not important to all. January 30th can't get here soon enough. It will stop the speculative whining over specific apps and start the "legitimate" whining over specific apps and associated predictions of failure.
  12. JAGWIRE's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,328 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,333 Global Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Interesting little sentence there.

    I require water, food, sleep, shelter, and personal protection to survive. I don't need a BB nor any software it might or might not have.
    I do not gain my sense of relevancy from a piece of plastic nor the software surrounding it. I get my sense of relevancy from my impact on those I love.

    However.....since today's technical advances offer me the ability to share aspects of my life with people of my choosing in a manner that is faster and less cumbersome than mailing packages full of pictures to physical addresses all over the country and across the pond, I like to take advantage of those advances.
    interesting sentence yourself :P LOL
    of course you NEED a BB!!!! everyone needs a BB!!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA lmao
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10
    Thanked by:
    qbnkelt (12-21-2012) 
    qbnkelt likes this.
  13. digitalman101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    663 Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Does this mean I am not getting a car from Kevin...
    JeepBB likes this.
  14. sirfly2fly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FDEB75
    #39  

    Default

    I hope they add BBM social platform to it, giving us the edge over iOS and Android
    john_v and Balti43 like this.
  15. Balti43's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirfly2fly View Post
    I hope they add BBM social platform to it, giving us the edge over iOS and Android
    I was hoping for this just this morning when i saw this! It would be great to see RIM integrate more and more social apps with BBM.

    But anyway Instagram came out to tell people that they aren't selling their photos. People need to stop being overdramatic and honestly read the T&C if you really are cynical about the hearsay
    sirfly2fly likes this.
  16. lboogie_1971_'s Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #41  

    Default

    @qbnkelt I read in another thread how several years ago apps was unheard of and that apps became popular due to deficicency of the Iphone. Now that our mobile phones are moving closer to our home/work computers in power would you or do you consider them to be deficient? I agree with your point about going to a website as being less productive/efficient, but if developers don't/won't make apps for BB10 the alternative for those who want to stay with BB10 is to go the websites.
    Please understand I'm not trying to argue I just want your thoughts on this, you seem to be well spoken of and respected here.
  17. Alex_Hong's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,763 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,953 Global Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Instagram is not a big deal for me, but in terms of the general public, it might be a deal breaker. I've heard people who bought WP say that they're switching back because it doesn't have instagram. Nonetheless, if this is true and BB10 get Instagram before WP does, it really says a lot about BlackBerry. WP has been around for a couple of years, compared to BB10, a platform that no consumer can get their hands on at the moment. Instagram deciding to do an app for BB10 before WP might be a very good PR for RIM.

    That said, who knows, perhaps Microsoft is testing their Instagram on WP8 already and will have it pushed out before 30th Jan.
  18. qbnkelt's Avatar
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

    Posts
    17,635 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,180 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lboogie_1971_ View Post
    @qbnkelt I read in another thread how several years ago apps was unheard of and that apps became popular due to deficicency of the Iphone. Now that our mobile phones are moving closer to our home/work computers in power would you or do you consider them to be deficient? I agree with your point about going to a website as being less productive/efficient, but if developers don't/won't make apps for BB10 the alternative for those who want to stay with BB10 is to go the websites.
    Please understand I'm not trying to argue I just want your thoughts on this, you seem to be well spoken of and respected here.
    Thank you for the kind words. I don't deserve the sentiments expressed, but I am grateful.

    Apps did indeed become extremely popular when the iPhone came out because the initial models, and into the 3GS, really, lacked basic functionalities that the apps remedied. Ditto for Android, where the handset is really more what you make of it through the use of apps than it is out of the box. Blackberries have always been more of an out of the box, ready to go experience,
    However....once the iPhone and Android exploded, end users began being used to having apps. that once filled a gap, become an enhanced experience on a device. It is true that I can access a website through better browsers, but apps offer streamlined functionalities. In another thread I mentioned the convenience of simply ordering a pizza on a phone. That doesn't all relevance to my existence but it makes it so simple to just punch up what a want and have it delivered in 30 minutes. That is where apps come in, they add convenience, streamline interactions with the phone, or provide information in an enhanced manner. When I am waiting for the Circulator to arrive at my stop in DC, it's simply an enhanced experience.
    Let's talk what happened last night. RIM posted that it lost 1 million subscribers. It is gaining subscribers in developing markets, yes. So if it lost 1 million subscribers I would guess that it lost those subscribers in markets where customers are expecting the enhanced experience that apps provide. There exists no reason why one would argue against something that customers are deciding they want. RIM need to regain its space and compete. It won't compete by maintaining the status quo.
    This argument arises when one group who feels that apps are unimportant expresses that opinion and those who feel that apps indeed matter counter that opinion. Then comes the name calling, the tools not toys, the iSheep, etc. Well, bottom line is choice. Let the app selection be there. If customers want it let it be one less reason to choose something other than a BB.
    I started out hating the iPhone. Raged against it. Then I hated Androids. RAGED against it. SCREAMED to the high Heavens how apps are unnecessary. Fought people here when they said RIM was in trouble. Then out of intellectual curiosity and a great deal of geekiness, I decided to try those devices I had raged against and insulted people over. And guess what.....I enjoyed them. Then I began to see that there were apps that I could use on them that were not available on my BB. And I understood why a consumer would in fact choose a device that affords them the ability to use those apps. It is not for me to tell someone that the manner in which he wants to use his phone is ridiculous, infantile, conformist. I didn't spend the money on his device. Why should I have an opinion on it? But I do care that there were 1 million subscribers this last quarter who went elsewhere. Because I do want my BB to be in my purse alongside my iPhone and my Android.
    It's not about Instagram only. It's not about any one app. It's that in the aggregate, other phones provide enhanced experiences through those apps that are causing people to choose them over BB. And those were the 1 million subscribers that BB just lost. Those who looked a 9900, looked at an SGIII, and saw no contest. I have both devices, and I can say that the experience on my SGIII is light years over that on my 9900. Aside from the out of control ridiculously wonderful 9900 keyboard, I feel that my SGIII eats my 9900's lunch. And apps are a huge part of that. When I can't call up a car insurance card on a device using a substandard app on a 9900 and I can call it up on my Skyrocket and send it to the lady at the DMV window, that is, in my opinion, an instance where a useful app on my Android killed a supposedly comparable app on my 9900.
    I am not a RIM hater. Far from it. I have paid cash for so many devices that people on this very site have told me I have "single child syndrome" and a "first world problem" because of it. I have bought BB after BB after BB, cash. I've sponsored a PB pilot at work that failed miserably and caused me to be ridiculed within my branch for my proposal's failure. I have stopped my agency's intent to submit a request for information to migrate to other devices until BB10 launches. But I am not blind to RIM's problems.
    Apps are a RIM deficiency. 1 million subscribers were lost this quarter. I would hazard a guess that apps were part of the reason they were lost.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup
    "When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates
    iMore Ambassador
    Thanked by 2:
    john_v (12-22-2012),  lboogie_1971_ (12-23-2012) 
  19. RECOOL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,550 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    BBM + instagram is gonna be insane combo I know for people in my circles they gonna be loving that.
    AfroZepher likes this.
  20. Hawkeberry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    595 Posts
    #45  

    Default Re: Instagram for BB10

    What kind of integration with BB10? If it is sharing, Instagram already provides lots of sharing options. One more won't make that much of a difference.



    Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
  21. 416to604's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    590 Posts
    #46  

    Default

    when i'm ordering domino's i usually just call them... perhaps i am a dying breed.

    back on topic: glad to hear about instagram. a few people in my social circles love/can't live without it. when it comes to bb10 i'll download it and immediately follow paulina gretzky.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
  22. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Editor in Chief

    Posts
    12,522 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,762 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Anyone wanna place bets on it being an Android port?
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

    [ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
    Thanked by:
    walt63 (12-21-2012) 
  23. mcmolineux's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    517 Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Anyone wanna place bets on it being an Android port?
    Are you betting that it will be, or won't be?
  24. Bla1ze's Avatar
    Editor in Chief

    Posts
    12,522 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,762 Global Posts
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmolineux View Post
    Are you betting that it will be, or won't be?
    It will be.
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

    [ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]
  25. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,970 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bla1ze View Post
    Anyone wanna place bets on it being an Android port?
    That's what I heard but it will be good enough to start with. I'm sure they'll make a proper app later.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anything new about Instagram for BB10?
    By Nabooy in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 02:49 AM
  2. Instagram for Blackberry?
    By Absolut10 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
  3. Interesting Article on new Qualcomm Processor for BB10
    By rickbansal in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
  4. Early hardware upgrades for BB10 devices in 2012?
    By Anatomy in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 09:33 AM
  5. An Idea for BB10
    By CrackBerryTorch9800 in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions