• 3 Post By W Hoa
  • 2 Post By jafrul
  • 1 Post By malingering
  • 1 Post By abramadhi
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Indonesians Are Obsessed With BlackBerry 10 [article]

Indonesians Obsessed
    When BlackBerry launched its new line of smartphones last week, the country most interested was Indonesia, a new Twitter-based study has found. That country alone accounted for 15% of the Twitter users who tweeted about the launch, the most from any nation.

The study examined 900,000 tweets between Jan. 29 and Feb. 2 (the launch was on Jan. 30) and was conducted by Salorix, a social media marketing company. Indonesia was the top country for tweets, followed by the U.S. and then Canada (where BlackBerry is based). BlackBerry said its launch of the Z10 smartphone in Canada on Feb. 5 produced its "best day ever" for that country.

Indonesia, however, is clearly an important market for BlackBerry. Half of Indonesia's smartphone shipments in 2012 were BlackBerrys, the study said, and it's the company's third-largest market after the U.S. and U.K. Still, smartphone penetration in the country is relatively low, at 20%, a recent study found.

Indonesians Are Obsessed With BlackBerry 10
    Thanked by 5:
    Brianflys (02-09-2013),  cjcampbell (02-07-2013),  drummer_god (02-08-2013),  Jince (02-08-2013),  zyben (02-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does anyone know when they are releasing the Z10 there?

Can that many Indonesians afford the Z10 though?
    CrackBerry Addict

Considering the population of Indonesia, I'm sure BB10 would do decent. Obviously not everyone can afford one, but it is def a big business hub in SE Asia and I'm sure many businesses are looking forward to it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

Indonesia = #TeamBlackBerry
  5. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    Indonesia = #TeamBlackBerry
    Sort of - it has the single largest BB user base outside of US and UK but in the last quarter it was outsold by android and marketshare has dropped from 20% to 5%. Blackberry 10 is likely to win some of that back but it needs a few cheap handsets to help it along.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Theyre gonna go nuts over the new BBM video chat!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B5A11B6

A Blogger in Malaysia reported that blackberry Malaysia will launch the phone on the 20th of February. Expect equal timeframe for the launching dates at the neighbouring countries too...
    Can't wait...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Indonesians Are Obsessed With BlackBerry 10 [article]-capturenux-2013-02-08-14.09.46.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Indonesians Are Obsessed With BlackBerry 10 [article]

Quote Originally Posted by FranzJoseph View Post
    Does anyone know when they are releasing the Z10 there?

Can that many Indonesians afford the Z10 though?
    at early febuary they said it will available around 6-8 weeks later.. so march it is...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm from indonesia. Some of z10 managed to enter indonesia and were sold at crazy price but according to my friend who's one of the crazy people who bought it, it's sold out. The price that's offered by the seller was 15 million rupiah or around $1600.

Made me jelous when he showed his z10..rrrrr

Rumours about the launch in indonesia is late februari..counting the days to get one of it. The bundled price is around $800 to $900.

Don't under estimate indonesian in terms of the capability to buy a high end bb. Even my office's driver can afford to buy a 9700..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Z10 + 64GB PB
    web99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by abramadhi View Post
    I'm from indonesia. Some of z10 managed to enter indonesia and were sold at crazy price but according to my friend who's one of the crazy people who bought it, it's sold out. The price that's offered by the seller was 15 million rupiah or around $1600.

Made me jelous when he showed his z10..rrrrr

Rumours about the launch in indonesia is late februari..counting the days to get one of it. The bundled price is around $800 to $900.

Don't under estimate indonesian in terms of the capability to buy a high end bb. Even my office's driver can afford to buy a 9700..

betul... td sy ditawarin 14 jeti... ha..ha..ha....

translation :

that's right... today somebody offered z10 to me for 14 million IDR.... ha..ha..ha....

can't wait to see the bb Z10 launched there!!! gonna be huge!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

For those who r going to Indo for a visit, buy as many Z10 as u can and sell them for double the price u paid for. Good luck! Easy money
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by malingering View Post
    betul... td sy ditawarin 14 jeti... ha..ha..ha....

translation :

that's right... today somebody offered z10 to me for 14 million IDR.... ha..ha..ha....
    Did you take it masbro?

Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by world traveler and former ceo View Post
    can't wait to see the bb Z10 launched there!!! gonna be huge!!
    The last time blackberry launched 9790 there was 1 person died. It's going to be huge. Probably that's why they weren't launch z10 in indonesia in the first wave..hahaha

Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Did you take it masbro?

nope... too expensive for me.... kelarangen masbro....
    CrackBerry Addict

Z10 is to expensive for many indonesians so if you hoping Z10 to sell millions in indonesia it is quite hard. we dont have any subsidies from carrier, the top selling blackberry in indonesia is curve versions, and refurbish old BB ( BB8320, BB 8330,BB Pearl)

BB it is still the top vendor for indonesians mainly for BBM, but samsung are cathing up ,and android as a platform has the largest market share in here around 52%. besides BB brand are not like 2-3 years ago in here. right now high end phone are dominate by Samsung S3/note2 , its quite hard for Z10 to win the competition
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Sort of - it has the single largest BB user base outside of US and UK but in the last quarter it was outsold by android and marketshare has dropped from 20% to 5%. Blackberry 10 is likely to win some of that back but it needs a few cheap handsets to help it along.
    So half of Indonesia's smartphone shipments in 2012 were BlackBerrys and that translates to 5% marketshare? You're referencing mobile web traffic market share, which is a different animal. Nokia could be the leading smartphone in Indonesia and still have it's OS marketshare dwarfed by Android.
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Youre forgetting that Indonesia is only a third world country
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

The link doesn't seem to be working through Tapatalk. Anyway, I was wondering how deep of an analysis they did on 900k tweets and whether they bothered to translate any of the tweets a instead of just looking at hash tags.

try this experiment. Go on the BB Facebook page and click on any post to see the comments. Many many of them will be from people in Southeast Asia posting their BBM pins and nothing Else, literally exchanging exchanging hem with strangers instead of personal contacts. Its like they didn't read the story at all.

My guess would be that many of these tweets were the same thing, just using #bb10 as a hash tag so it would show up as a trending tag.

As for riots during the country's launch of the 9790, I really doubt that would happen again especially if the phone in question cost $600.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

How much do indonesians pay for monthly BIS service currently??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    How much do indonesians pay for monthly BIS service currently??
    There are several types of plans and from several service providers but the prices are almost same from each provider. The bis plan is ranging between $4-$10 a month.

Z10 + 64GB PB
    CrackBerry Abuser

There are several types of plans and from several service providers but the prices are almost same from each provider. The bis plan is ranging between $4-$10 a month.

and sometimes u can get a promotion price at $10 for 3 months Full BIS...
    CrackBerry Addict

Seriously, you guys are under estimating indonesia. Yes it may be officially " third world" but As an indonesian (left when I was a toddler but I do have fam there), I can see how nuch more spending money the people I know have as compared to many people in "developed" countries. Everything is paid up in cash and in full. And im only referring to middle class.

Yes there are even ferrari taxis.

http://www.globalpost.com/globalpost-blogs/southeast-asia/indonesia-millionaires-wealth

(Ok sorry for the rant)
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by aniym View Post
    The link doesn't seem to be working through Tapatalk. Anyway, I was wondering how deep of an analysis they did on 900k tweets and whether they bothered to translate any of the tweets a instead of just looking at hash tags.

try this experiment. Go on the BB Facebook page and click on any post to see the comments. Many many of them will be from people in Southeast Asia posting their BBM pins and nothing Else, literally exchanging exchanging hem with strangers instead of personal contacts. Its like they didn't read the story at all.

My guess would be that many of these tweets were the same thing, just using #bb10 as a hash tag so it would show up as a trending tag.

As for riots during the country's launch of the 9790, I really doubt that would happen again especially if the phone in question cost $600.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    actually the riot for 9790 its because blackberry slash half their price from $450 to $225 and many indonesian want to take a quick profit by selling their phone online (including me).

for Z10 to gain the same attention its need to do the same thing cut the price half to $300. but i doubt it will happen again , the government has release a warning to not let things happen again
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Emerging economies are truly Blackberry's best bets to succeed