• 1 Post By BoldAlways
  • 1 Post By shemaree09

Global Posts
    9,323 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I call this (BS but) "positive bashing"

Of course, I do not agree ... my 9900 is STILL my device of choice for whatever I have to do with.
    But, read it full. Now the main argument is BB10 coming Jan 30. No appl or droid comparison.
    Here we go, Joes will start to salivate.

Edit : while it's not the purpose of this post, you may want to go threw the black lsit ... http://www.businessinsider.com/worst...ia-lumia-820-1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I call this (BS but) "positive bashing"-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-16-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: link added
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    bungaboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly_FR View Post
    Of course, I do not agree ... my 9900 is STILL my device of choice for whatever I have to do with.
    But, read it full. Now the main argument is BB10 coming Jan 30. No appl or droid comparison.
    Here we go, Joes will start to salivate.
    Hehehehehe.....well, if I could get my hands on a white 9900 through AT&T I would get one, irrelevancy or not. I'm actually considering buying a replacement 9900 and just have it stashed away, for when my current 9900 dies. I do love the form factor.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    11,427 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Default Re: I call this (BS but) "positive bashing"

I just bought 3 for my daughters and a spare for myself. Granted I didn't pay full retail as I bought them at auction as reconditioned. Great deal IMO.

We will all be getting BB10s at launch as well.
    Do those who protest the loudest or longest have a lock on the truth?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

I've had my 9930 for about a month now. I still get that candy store feeling pulling it out.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,141 Global Posts

So I went and found the add and read it, it seems to me that it's all biased and what not. It's probably biased towards one of the two companies not on the list Scamsung and iPhone. I personally though that the Bold 9900 and the Droid Razr X or whatever it is were beautiful looking phones that stood out from all the others.
    Samsung Flip Phone (Busted)- >Another Samsung Flip (Tossed Into Camp Fire)- >BB Curve 8300 (Sold)- >HTC Dream (Cracked Screen)- >BB Curve 8900 (Been Through Hell, Still Kicking)- >Samsung Omnia 2 (Sold) BB Torch 9800 (Sold)- >BB Curve 9300 (Water Damaged)- >BB Storm (Clicker Broke)- >BB Playbook 16BG (Still Own)- >BB Torch 9810 (Alarm Clock)- >LG Optimus One (Gifted)- >BB Bold 9900 (Bricked and Never Came Back)- >BB Zed10 (Retired)- >BB Q5 (Girlfriends)- >BB Z30 (Currently Using)
    CrackBerry Addict

Even when i buy the new bb10 i will keep my 9900 working. i love it!
    qbnkelt likes this.

Global Posts
    9,323 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by BriniaSona View Post
    So I went and found the add and read it, it seems to me that it's all biased and what not. It's probably biased towards one of the two companies not on the list Scamsung and iPhone. I personally though that the Bold 9900 and the Droid Razr X or whatever it is were beautiful looking phones that stood out from all the others.
    Edited to add the link. Mostly agree with you, but wasn't my point
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Addict

I had a 9900 and 9930. I got my 9900 from Indosat as a gift 1 year ago (nov 2011). 9930 I bought in used condition for about 6 months ago. I do love Monza. But actually, I miss my Dakota. It's stunning. The keypad is above all. No Blackberry can match Dakota, IMHO. Now, I wait for BB10 first, and then, purchase another Dakota for my 3rd or 4th or 5th phone Right now, I have 9020 (9700 EU with trackball, not trackpad), 8800 (my old and humble blackberry), 9360 (coming from my office), samsung galaxy Y, samsung Galaxy Nexus, and iPhone 4.

If I buy London and 9900, I will put my 8800 and Samsung Galaxy Y back to their box and safe it to my cabinet.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

Yeah, I dont get the 9900 bashing. Its really the BEST blackberry out right now. You really cant go wrong buying one now.

Classic blackberry form, thin, light, touchscreen + keyboard + trackpad combo. Its the best!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts

Sorry, but separating fact and logic from emotion, I would have to agree that buying a 9900 is a poor investment decision. It may in fact be the best Blackberry out there, but the OS is going to be EOL'd after BB10 comes out - perhaps not right away, but it will happen. There is no backwards compatibility with BB10 and the number of apps for OS7 is shrinking every day. So unless there is a heavy, heavy discount involved, if I were a new smartphone user, why would I invest in the device with a shrinking present and no future? Why wouldn't I look first to the other devices?

Seriously, not hating, just applying cold logic and coming back to the "Osborne Effect". I'd be very interested in the - logical - responses.

- R.

TIA - R.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster99 View Post
    Sorry, but separating fact and logic from emotion, I would have to agree that buying a 9900 is a poor investment decision. It may in fact be the best Blackberry out there, but the OS is going to be EOL'd after BB10 comes out - perhaps not right away, but it will happen. There is no backwards compatibility with BB10 and the number of apps for OS7 is shrinking every day. So unless there is a heavy, heavy discount involved, if I were a new smartphone user, why would I invest in the device with a shrinking present and no future? Why wouldn't I look first to the other devices?

Seriously, not hating, just applying cold logic and coming back to the "Osborne Effect". I'd be very interested in the - logical - responses.

- R.

TIA - R.
    I get your point, but I still feel that its not a bad idea. Especially if you can get the 9900 for a low price.

OS 7 app are shrinking, i guess, but if you want your typical Blackberry device for communication, size, email, or whatever you cant go wrong. We dont really know what BB10 will be all about. Its too early to tell. There are people who prefer their OS 5/6 device even though OS 7 is available.
    Wino Ryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: I call this (BS but) "positive bashing"

Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    I get your point, but I still feel that its not a bad idea. Especially if you can get the 9900 for a low price.

OS 7 app are shrinking, i guess, but if you want your typical Blackberry device for communication, size, email, or whatever you cant go wrong. We dont really know what BB10 will be all about. Its too early to tell. There are people who prefer their OS 5/6 device even though OS 7 is available.
    I think you will like it, blackberry 10.about BB7, I think it is still joyable to use with.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by shemaree09 View Post
    .OS 7 app are shrinking, i guess, but if you want your typical Blackberry device for communication, size, email, or whatever you cant go wrong. We dont really know what BB10 will be all about. Its too early to tell. There are people who prefer their OS 5/6 device even though OS 7 is available.
    I'm pretty much convinced BB-10 will be a game changer. That I have no doubt, but at the present I use what works for me and that is the OS 5 BB 8530. Really, I cant speak highly enough of it. Sure the browser is slow but in my job and social life I dont need the latest and greatest. Cell phones do not "define" me. Living and loving my family "defines" me. As a communicater, the phone I use cant be beat, and that is what I use it for. It fits good in my hand and the OS 5 is flawless in both performance and function to the point that it has spoiled me. I will not use any other OS but maybe in the future I'll go with BB-10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Hehehehehe.....well, if I could get my hands on a white 9900 through AT&T I would get one, irrelevancy or not.
    Just curious - can you not just buy a SIM free white Bold 9900 over there and pop your SIM card in it and then "change device" using BB Desktop s/w?

Or do you mean you'd like it as an upgrade on the AT&T subsidy?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

There are no deals to be had on the 9900 in Canada. Even though RIM has thousands of these phones taking up space in its warehouses, they're still priced in the $600 range without contract. Too bad, I'd pick one up for a good price.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

$399 on Mobilicity, no contract...Rogers has some lower promotional pricing, some expecting it to come down as we get closer to BB10.
    Mobilicity — Phones — BlackBerry® Bold
  17. scr
    CrackBerry User

Default I call this (BS but) "positive bashing"

Article is total BS, don't even want to give any details why it's BS, because it's BS

About good deals for 9900. I got mine from Toronto's craigslist week after iphone 5 release. Very good condition... 205$. I consider this is pretty much good deal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk