Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By xandermac
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,572 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HTC ONE vs Z10 Dogfight.

Aaron baker pits them head to head and the z10 fares well

(part 1)

(part 2)

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Twitter: xandermac
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,397 Global Posts

Thanks! Nice review of both. Wanted to know more about HTC ONE actually so this was nice.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Genius

Terrible review you cant review the Z wthout actually using it.Talks about the cameras no comparsion shots.Then goes on a zoe rant and does'nt talk about story maker this guy does'nt know the phone.

I dont know why the tv remote is getting hyped.Thats been around for years its not gonna be effective if you factor your battery.

Didnt mention the paradigm ,peeking,hub the review sucked.These reviewers test everyphone like its a cyborg device.They actually dont know to review phones any other way.Everythings done the same you can tell all they've reviewed are cyborg phone as thats all thats come out.

I've actually come to the conclusion you cant review the Z without using it as driver.There's no point watching reviews anymre im done with them.The products not tested .Its a 5 minute cyborg inspection to see if its a cyborg phone thats all they know.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,480 Global Posts

Looking at this video zoe is a lot easier to use then story maker. The HTC one is a great device and a worthy competitor to the z10.
    I honestly can not pick out who device is better

Posted via CB10
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Terrible review you cant review the Z wthout actually using it.Talks about the cameras no comparsion shots.Then goes on a zoe rant and does'nt talk about story maker this guy does'nt know the phone.
    That was my thought as well. Another thing that bothered me was when he demonstrated Time Shift. He should have taken a self-shot or had someone model for him. People need to see more stuff like this in action:
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,018 Global Posts
    PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

looks so alike..now i wish i got the white z10..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,572 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by rnhld View Post
    That was my thought as well. Another thing that bothered me was when he demonstrated Time Shift. He should have taken a self-shot or had someone model for him. People need to see more stuff like this in action:
    If you look at his standalone review of the Z 10 I believe he did just that. This was merely a comparison between the Z 10 and the HTC one as he had reviewed them both thoroughly prior to this dogfight. I thought this review was pertinent as both devices will be released in the United States at around the same time, both devices are very similar to each other in their hardware and features.

I will post links to the individual Z 10 review that he did.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,572 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Z10 standalone review.

(part 1)

(part 2)

I've always found Aaron to be very thorough and unbiased. He uses the devices thoroughly prior to recording his reviews.

Thanked by:
    RubberChicken76 (03-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts

honestly, i have been going to phonedog for unboxings and reviews for quite some time now. However, the z10 review really made me rethink that. I mean he was so biased against the phone it was almost uncomprehending. I mean yeah blackberry has had issues in the past, and bb10 is completely new but if you are not going to give wp8 crap for having a smaller app store then you cant for bb10....also he said mature os's like "iOS, Android, and WP8"...I have used windows phone devices and they are far from mature....to put to perspective when i got the lg quantum (WP7) it was terrible. There was nothing to do but text or check facebook. On the z10 I have been able to do everything my Note 2/iP5 has been able to do and more!
    CrackBerry Genius

Zoe seems to be easy to use, but if you look at Matt Miller's story on Zoe and story maker on ZDNet, you will see that story maker is more powerful and easier to customize and edit. It takes quite a few steps to actually be able to edit anything in Zoe...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I can imagine the battery and data because of all those "Live" tiles on. I wonder if there is an option to turn it off (didn't watch the above video...but have seen other review videos) . It's too "Busy".

Glad with my decision to come back to BBRY.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

I don't get why he didn't show BlackBerry Story Maker when he was talking about HTC zoe and also didn't mention about the Play On and the Media sharing option the z10 has when he was demonstrating the remote feature. Idk about you but to me it seemed like BlackBerry had the features that HTC had.

Wagwan.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    27F48177

I just can't believe he didn't mention story maker which is far more customisable than HTC zoe thingy, you can even choose your own songs, something zoe can't do, at least not yet.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

That was an awful "review"..... a complete waste of time.
    CrackBerry Master

Did finish watching but I did notice he had a software update available in the hub. Maybe he should update the Os before doing a review.

Posted via CB10
    Life's too short have a laugh and check out my channel C001206C1

Looking for Battery suggestions for your phone? Check http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...inside-789011/

Interested in finding a few cool features to your Z10? Try here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-share-775745/
    CrackBerry User

He seems like he knows his stuff but didn't show off the big features like peek, flow and how the Hub allows you to reply to email, text, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn messages from there.

The HTC One looks a lot like the white Z10 too.

Posted via CB10