Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree38Likes
  1. brmiller1976's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default How to pronounce Z10?

    This could be a catastrophic marketing challenge -- how to pronounce "Z10" in English-speaking markets around the world!

    Zee Ten? Zed Ten? Zed One Oh? Zee One Zero? Zuhten?

    Apple blogs will be pointing out this "serious problem."
  2. jesse_h's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I'll tell you the official word from RIM sometime tomorrow morning!
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    spencerdl and brmiller1976 like this.
  3. BriniaSona's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I've got a thread on this already. It's called BlackBerry Z10 in the Z10 section.
    Samsung Flip Phone (Busted)- >Another Samsung Flip (Tossed Into Camp Fire)- >BB Curve 8300 (Sold)- >HTC Dream (Cracked Screen)- >BB Curve 8900 (Been Through Hell, Still Kicking)- >Samsung Omnia 2 (Sold) BB Torch 9800 (Sold)- >BB Curve 9300 (Water Damaged)- >BB Storm (Clicker Broke)- >BB Playbook 16BG (Still Own)- >BB Torch 9810 (Alarm Clock)- >LG Optimus One (Gifted)- >BB Bold 9900 (Bricked and Never Came Back)- >BB Zed10 (Retired)- >BB Q5 (Girlfriends)- >BB Z30 (Currently Using)
  4. ghfred's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    29 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Don't think it matters I will personally use the queens English and say zed but don't see any problem with the unfortunates in the colonies using pigeon English and saying zee!
  5. dhutt's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    68 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    RIM is a Canadian company, founded and grown here. I think it only appropriate to use "ZED" 10 as the pronunciation.
    jordandrews90 and fuckwit like this.
  6. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,852 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,854 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    canadians will say ZED 10 ... it is BB TEN, not BB 1 - 0, so it will be ZED TEN
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  7. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Thorsten will say zee because the presentation is in the states. Fact of the matter is though, its a Canadian company, and even in his native german, z is said "zett" which is a lot closer to zed then zee in the way you say it. Im calling it zed no matter what is said
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  8. GreenLeaf182's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    it will be zee ten, that is my guess.
  9. drummer_god's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    773 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    i will call it ZED TEN!
  10. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,250 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maple_leafs182 View Post
    it will be zee ten, that is my guess.

    Sorry but anyone who votes Leafs lost their vote....KIDDING. Happy our hockey and BB10 is here at last.
  11. peter9477's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    As with anything else like this, many English speakers outside the US will call it the Zed-10, because we'll mostly see it written rather than heard, and that's just the way we roll.

    Those in the US will certainly hear Zee-10 a lot, because most people will read about it rather than hear about it, and that's how it sounds in their heads.

    Sometimes we'll hear ads meant for regions other than our own, and we'll smile gently at the silliness of foreigners, but it won't change the way we say it ourselves because then our friends would look funny at us.

    This doesn't solve Thorsten's problem onstage tomorrow, but I would assume since he'll be in New York that he'll have had to spend weeks practicing how to say "Zee-10" since he's spent so much time in Canada... Those of us in Canada will then spend a frustrated day trying to forget we heard that, and by Jan 31 it'll be Zed-10 for us again.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
  12. Concession's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    RIM isn't a company that resides in the USA and uses english as its primary language, therefore Zed Ten.
  13. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,372 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    zee 10 just sounds silly to me. makes it sound like a baby toy or something
    has to be zed 10.
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  14. RubberChicken76's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,026 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default How to pronounce Z10

    Guess we will know tomorrow. I admit i am curious
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

    The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
  15. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    22,821 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,379 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #15  

    Default

    im not found on the Zed10 so its Zee10 for me
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  16. MADBRADNYC's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,905 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    How to pronounce "Z10" in English-speaking markets around the world!
    No one knows what they are talking about...

    I pronounce it as ..... MINE!
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  17. GreenLeaf182's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanerredflag View Post
    Sorry but anyone who votes Leafs lost their vote....KIDDING. Happy our hockey and BB10 is here at last.
    I made this account before the Jets were back. Screw the leafs...
  18. sydsam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    327 Posts
    #18  

    Default Re: How to pronounce Z10

    Stop zis nonsense with zee, please, before zee Germans get in. In English the letter is pronounced zed, regardless of any dialects there might be.
  19. xamdam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    We are canadian so it is ZED TEN so americans can finally say Z properly.
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

    "When in doubt, buy a laptop"
  20. kstock's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghfred View Post
    Don't think it matters I will personally use the queens English and say zed but don't see any problem with the unfortunates in the colonies using pigeon English and saying zee!
    It's actually "pidgin English", but I think we all managed to understand what you were getting at!
    StormieTwo likes this.
  21. Nindia's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    387 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Naming it the Z10 was probably the dumbest thing RIM could've done. I personally don't give a s**t what it's called...but they picked the one letter that is pronounced different in Canada and the USA.

    Should've kept it named the London...or L10. (Elton!)
  22. johnny_larue's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    121 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    I say the Canadians and Brits call it the Zed 10, and the Americans call it the Zee 10. So long as we buy the phone, we should all have our way.
  23. sydsam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    327 Posts
    #23  

    Default Re: How to pronounce Z10?

    Quote Originally Posted by kstock View Post
    It's actually "pidgin English", but I think we all managed to understand what you were getting at!
    You obviously know better. All good, hold down the fort, we could care less.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
  24. glamrlama's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    807 Posts
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    It is spelled "Z10" but I think it is pronounced "totally kicks @ss". A common misconception. For the record "X10" is pronounced "WTF is that I want one"
    / device agnosticism or bust!
  25. lnichols's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,441 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,979 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I will be pronouncing it Zee 10 as will most if not all Americans (and probably Thor tomorrow too at the NY release). The rest of you are, or who were loyal subjects of the Queen for much longer than the USA can pronounce however you see fit.
    VanCity778 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to Accept or Reject Incoming Calls on BlackBerry Z10
    By mrfreeze574 in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-24-2013, 06:33 AM
  2. How to get BB Maps on your 8800
    By kasperapd in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 12:45 AM
  3. How to Delete Messages Productively
    By sjf in forum BlackBerry 87xx Series
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
  4. How to Change Operator's logo / email settings
    By gourou76 in forum BlackBerry 87xx Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
  5. How to add an avatar
    By kasperapd in forum Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM

Posting Permissions