Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree32Likes
  1. gomad235's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Hints at in hand release date

    I think there are hints to the release date in the Blackberry Experience forums. The Canadian forums start Feb. 4 and state that attendees will have hands on experience with the latest BB10 devices. I don't think RIM would have forums after the launch date and not have the new devices released (at least in Canada). I expect the phones to be available within days of the launch. What do you think?
    Thanked by:
    jimpilot (01-13-2013) 
  2. BThunderW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    822 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I've seen that date tossed around few times in several places, entirely possible. But to be sure, I guess I'll have to wait till Jan 30th.

    Quote Originally Posted by gomad235 View Post
    I think there are hints to the release date in the Blackberry Experience forums. The Canadian forums start Feb. 4 and state that attendees will have hands on experience with the latest BB10 devices. I don't think RIM would have forums after the launch date and not have the new devices released (at least in Canada). I expect the phones to be available within days of the launch. What do you think?
  3. christenmartin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default Hints at in hand release date

    i would think that the release of the phone would be directly after the unveil. what i have been reading is something different. i wish some one would give a "estimated" release date that had some actual fact behind it. if its march in the US i'll have a new phone tomorrow.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
  4. BThunderW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    822 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    RIM has to capitalize on the hype during the Jan 30th unveiling, if they wait too long then people's interest will shift. It is highly unlikely they will wait too long to put them up on sale.
  5. SEAWARRIOR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,479 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    RIM has to capitalize on the hype during the Jan 30th unveiling, if they wait too long then people's interest will shift. It is highly unlikely they will wait too long to put them up on sale.
    agreed,,, in order to slap around the competition they need to go w/ an instantaneous release & they know it,,, if they blow this, the release of CO2 from the collective sighs & awws around the globe will bring on a nuclear winter & kill off the very population they expect to sell to...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

    I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

    "By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
  6. travaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    971 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,057 Global Posts
    PIN
    I have three
    #6  

    Default

    My 9930 is acting up and I need a phone soon. I sure hope it is going to be like Feb 4. 2013.
  7. TheStoof's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    RIM has to capitalize on the hype during the Jan 30th unveiling, if they wait too long then people's interest will shift. It is highly unlikely they will wait too long to put them up on sale.
    Yea, but capitalizing by only having Canadians receive the phone immediately is shooting themselves in the foot because of the power of the US Stock Exchange. It's going to hurt if the TMobile rumors are true. It'll be worse for me because I'm impatient and will upgrade AT&T and keep it instead of going with the cheaper T-Mobile. I'm getting T-Mobile despite it having less coverage than AT&T, but the price is better.
  8. Shanerredflag's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    18,186 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,192 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post
    My 9930 is acting up and I need a phone soon. I sure hope it is going to be like Feb 4. 2013.
    My 4s is boring...I need a new one too :0
    EsJayDee likes this.
  9. BThunderW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    822 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Again, we're not talking about rumors. Just what logically should happen. All I'm saying is that they KNOW that they can not afford to wait post announcement to sell. They're not idiots, Thorsten and Boulben know this very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheStoof View Post
    Yea, but capitalizing by only having Canadians receive the phone immediately is shooting themselves in the foot because of the power of the US Stock Exchange. It's going to hurt if the TMobile rumors are true. It'll be worse for me because I'm impatient and will upgrade AT&T and keep it instead of going with the cheaper T-Mobile. I'm getting T-Mobile despite it having less coverage than AT&T, but the price is better.
  10. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,590 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,619 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I want it now
  11. Andrew4life's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,853 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,854 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gomad235 View Post
    I think there are hints to the release date in the Blackberry Experience forums. The Canadian forums start Feb. 4 and state that attendees will have hands on experience with the latest BB10 devices. I don't think RIM would have forums after the launch date and not have the new devices released (at least in Canada). I expect the phones to be available within days of the launch. What do you think?
    RIM has had plenty of other "hands on experience" and demo opportunities for selected individuals and companies in the past few weeks. So that is not really concrete implication of a release date.
  12. DrBit2011's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    2151F248
    #12  

    Default

    For people from Mexico, just today i confirm BB10 in Mexico will arrive March 30th, with Telcel. No info about prices, but in early March will be pre orders.

    Regards
    Live Long and Prosper!
    Thanked by:
    BB12MX (01-14-2013) 
  13. TheStoof's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BThunderW View Post
    Again, we're not talking about rumors. Just what logically should happen. All I'm saying is that they KNOW that they can not afford to wait post announcement to sell. They're not idiots, Thorsten and Boulben know this very well.
    In agreement. Is it really up to them though? I'm getting anxious, but hey, I'll be kept busy for two months on my thesis. Should be an easy wait.
  14. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,142 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBit2011 View Post
    For people from Mexico, just today i confirm BB10 in Mexico will arrive March 30th, with Telcel. No info about prices, but in early March will be pre orders.

    Regards
    Two months is too long.
  15. Saiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    People that are expecting to buy and use a BB10 device in the first week of February are going to be disappointed. Unless of course RIM is not going to let reviewers review the device before it goes on sale. Which would be a really crazy thing for them to do.
  16. Dapper37's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,345 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac
    #16  

    Default

    Originaly the Canadian carriers were the first to offer BB, very often they have been the early providers of the new models. Willing to get the new tech on their networks. This is not a favoritism thing, this is not the fault of RIM or the American customers. This sits squarely in the laps of the carriers. I'm with Verizon, I'll tell you, when/if I hear I have some stupid wait. I will let my voice be heard!!! No it won't help but the carriers are the ones to blame!!! RIM couldn't wait around for them to make up their minds so RIM decided that a Jan 30th launch is the way to go. RIM and the Z10 are ready come Jan 30th! Blame those at fault!!
    md03wx and G-bone like this.
  17. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,142 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #17  

    Default

    I think the cEO at Sprint said "one device later in the year". I'd hate to be a Sprint customer after hearing that.
  18. G-bone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    382 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    I'm thinkin' Monday after Superbowl...
    #BB10Believe
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
  19. dannyeo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    199 Posts
    #19  

    Default Hints at in hand release date

    is it me or is everyone's phone starting to get old / slow and needs the new phone NOW???

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  20. bambinoitaliano's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    65,420 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    It seems like a standard date being given to several carriers for the sake of having a release date. I believe it will be sooner after launch than the end of March date. Remember the fail launched last year? When a bunch of the posters having a major melt down over it? They are back and ready to have another one over the launch date.
  21. robtanz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,080 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,081 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default Re: Hints at in hand release date

    Quote Originally Posted by travaz View Post
    My 9930 is acting up and I need a phone soon. I sure hope it is going to be like Feb 4. 2013.
    Mine too...keyboard is acting all kinds of crazy
  22. LazyEvul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,857 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    People that are expecting to buy and use a BB10 device in the first week of February are going to be disappointed. Unless of course RIM is not going to let reviewers review the device before it goes on sale. Which would be a really crazy thing for them to do.
    They could let them review the device beforehand under a media embargo, provided that they feel the product is ready for it. Heck, I think it would only make things better if they could have positive reviews out shortly after the actual product launch. I'm certain RIM wants to see BB10 out there as soon as possible, but I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what they do to accomplish it.
    Passport (10.3.0.1418) | Z30 (10.3.1.821) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
  23. Saiga's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,194 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    They could let them review the device beforehand under a media embargo, provided that they feel the product is ready for it. Heck, I think it would only make things better if they could have positive reviews out shortly after the actual product launch. I'm certain RIM wants to see BB10 out there as soon as possible, but I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what they do to accomplish it.
    We won't have demo units until "sometime after the January 30th" according to my PR contact. How can reviewers review a device in a couple of days? With os7 and the PlayBook, we had demo units 2-3 weeks prior to commercial availability. Things can always change, but at this point it seems like a in hand date of the first week of February is unlikely.
  24. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,575 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    People that are expecting to buy and use a BB10 device in the first week of February are going to be disappointed. Unless of course RIM is not going to let reviewers review the device before it goes on sale. Which would be a really crazy thing for them to do.
    The usual thing for reviews of any kind is that you get the item in advance and are then embargoed from posting your review until a particular date, stuff like videogames for example would be far too late after release if you could only start to review a 100+ hour game at launch.
  25. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,575 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    They could let them review the device beforehand under a media embargo, provided that they feel the product is ready for it. Heck, I think it would only make things better if they could have positive reviews out shortly after the actual product launch. I'm certain RIM wants to see BB10 out there as soon as possible, but I guess we'll have to wait and see exactly what they do to accomplish it.
    The carriers won't approve the final software instantly anyway so the odds are that review devices will go out at a similar time to when Rim submits or has submitted the final software.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Possible hint at Storm's release date leaked?
    By matrix2004 in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 03:39 PM
  2. Possible hint at Storm's release date leaked?
    By matrix2004 in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 03:39 PM
  3. AT&T Bold Release Date?
    By iGuitar in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 06:43 PM
  4. AT&T Possible release date
    By irockstar661 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
  5. AT&T Bold Release Date.
    By mfang210 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions