Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EGerhardt
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Handster Inc begins spam assault on BlackBerry App World

Handster Inc. begins spam assault on BlackBerry App World targeting Playbook devices. I guess this is what you get when you need to meet your quotas at RIM. More apps. More apps. More apps.

Getting trashed, competing on price, attracting developers not at all committed to your brand or your platform.
    You can thank whoever decided to approve Android support on Playbook/BB10.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    999 Global Posts

Default Re: Handster Inc begins spam assault on BlackBerry App World

I wish we could have this thing near each app that would say, Android Player App or PlayBook App.
    Stuff
    Thanked by:
    kdna (11-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

It is a DoS.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Will all these crap apps be ported into BB10 for the PlayBook as well? I've been hoping they'll be buried with OS2.1 after we upgrade our PBs...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,520 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theme View Post
    I wish we could have this thing near each app that would say, Android Player App or PlayBook App.
    there are many good android apps ported tov playbook.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

I agree that there are many good Android apps ported, but there is also a lot of crap. That is why they should make it obvious in App World so people know they are getting an app that is not native. I'd be happy if they required the description to list it at the top, but an icon or something would be cool. A filter to show only native apps would be awesome.
    CrackBerry Abuser

i dont think they need a filter between native and android apps... they work the same, the experience should be seamless... what they need is a rating and comment system that cannot be altered by the developer so when you see an app with 100 ratings and it only has 1 star... chances are you should stay away from it... in BB10 appworld they are going to have a certified app section with only top notch 100% compliant apps in that category.. im sure all of those will sell like hotcakes!
    Previous device(s):BlackBerry Z30(Black),BlackBerry Z10(Black),BlackBerry Q10(Black),8820 world edition,9800 Torch(Black),9780 Bold(Black),9700 Bold(Black),9900 Bold(Black),9810 Torch(White), iPhone3GS(Black),iPhone5C(Pink)
    Family Current device(s):BlackBerry Passport, Windows SurfaceRT, Samsung Galaxy S4
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20EB1810

Just as a quick poll how many of the apps on GooglePlay or the iOS store do you think are complete trash ? Y'know, blatant poorly made rip offs of more successful apps, extremely over priced for what they are, functionally pointless etc. My guess is about 75%.

When RIM opened up the PB to using android apps, they knew that they would get a decent chunk of crap in their app store, but they also knew that they HAD to be able to tell people how many hundreds of thousands of apps they had available, because most consumers are dumb enough to think that quantity is the important factor: it's certainly been a major selling point for android and iOS. So honestly, this stuff is to be expected. I think its incredibly unfair for anyone to hold it against any manufacturer but specifically against RIM. There is only so much due diligence that a company can do and they are never screening based on quality, simply on 'Does it work ?'. Being good/useful is not a pre-requisite for app world inclusion. If apple and google can get away with having a borderline toxic app eco system, then why should RIM be criticized ? Particularly saying that its a result of them trying to get higher numbers of apps into app world when that is exactly what the marketplace has told them they need to do. How can they get more apps in the PB store (a relatively unused device) without making it easy for people to put apps in it ?
    Thanked by 2:
    VolvoBear_ry (12-25-2012) 
    VolvoBear_ry likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ALToronto View Post
    Will all these crap apps be ported into BB10 for the PlayBook as well? I've been hoping they'll be buried with OS2.1 after we upgrade our PBs...
    They will likely be buried in negative reviews, and a (hopefully) better, more relevant search option.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Nothing new here. Handster was the first to bring a Android app to Appworld and they have a deal with Rim to continue to do so. The quantity needs to be there along with the quality so Rim can say we launched BB10 with x number of apps.

If we get 1 decent app out of every 50 its a good thing imo. If it will help Rim with the launch then its good,so thanks for the trash handster and thanks a lot for the 1 out of 50 decent apps
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...