- CrackBerry Master
- 1,159 Posts
Good news for RIM investors : RIM TSX short positions drop 25% over last two weeks
In a bit of good news for the RIM investor the short (read negative) position on RIM shares has fallen dramatically in the last two weeks on the Toronto exchange. It is possible that a similar drop has taken place in the US on the NASDAQ exchange.
This event indicates a strong positive shift in the investor community towards RIM's future prospects and financial well being.
The latest TSX data also indicates that short positions in RIM shares have fallen dramatically in the last two weeks. The total short positions in RIM on the TSX fell to 15.2 million as of November 30, down from 20.6 million in the prior two weeks.
- 12-07-2012, 12:42 AM #2
This is good news and BAD news.
Good news is as you stated, the consensus is people see RIM more positively.
The bad news, the recent rally is likely due to high volume of people covering their shorts, meaning the stock isn't going to rally as much in the future.
- CrackBerry User
12-08-2012, 10:47 AM #5
- 58 Posts
That is in the states. There shorts will be the ones that push this baby up to the $50 price point when people begin to hold onto their shares. All we are waiting for is for a few US analysts to say that the stock is with $50, and this thing begins to fly.
- By Lord_Jareth_89 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
- By Bobcat665 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 18Last Post: 05-05-2012, 01:25 PM
- By sam_b77 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 44Last Post: 02-24-2012, 08:04 AM
- By sf49ers in forum News & RumorsReplies: 24Last Post: 02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
- By Jake Storm in forum News & RumorsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2010, 10:06 PM