Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

gizmodo is so horrible i stopped going to kotaku just because they are associated. the best part of the article is the comments, where more than half of the users rip the ***** writer for being just that... an *****.
    Z10 - Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,318 Global Posts

You guys all realize, that you look just as foolish for getting on the barricades and defending an unreleased OS, as Gizmodo does for criticizing it, right?

Actually, probably more foolish, since the writers at Gizmodo has probably had more exposure to BB10 than most of you has.

Just wait and see what happens after launch and what the reactions will be like then. At least then everyone can try it for themselves, instead of giving RIM and other BB owners a bad image, by acting like annoying fanboys on Gizmodos comment page...
    Drew808 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

I would be mad but since gizmodo is barely a reliable tech blog then their opinion is basically meaningless.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedBarry View Post
    You guys all realize, that you look just as foolish for getting on the barricades and defending an unreleased OS, as Gizmodo does for criticizing it, right?

Actually, probably more foolish, since the writers at Gizmodo has probably had more exposure to BB10 than most of you has.

Just wait and see what happens after launch and what the reactions will be like then. At least then everyone can try it for themselves, instead of giving RIM and other BB owners a bad image, by acting like annoying fanboys on Gizmodos comment page...
    I have to disagree. For one thing, alot of people here have dev a and b devices, and we've all seen the numerous demos that aren't always posted to tech blogs (like the bnn interviews). So it's incorrect to say the gizmodo staff has a better understanding of it then the average user here....infact based on their lack of understanding of what the hub is, and trying to it figure out based on a couple of screenshots, I'd say they've never actually played with a dev unit.

As for defending an unreleased os, while I get where you're coming from, one can still have a positive or negative opinion about it prior to release based on what has been shown (and alot of the core functionality has been shown). The problem is, gizmodo's opinion is clearly not based on hands on experience, only leaked screenshots. Even if someone at gizmodo's has played with a device, the authors clearly has not.
    Thanked by 2:
    Jince (12-19-2012),  Mecca EL (12-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    I have to disagree. For one thing, alot of people here have dev a and b devices, and we've all seen the numerous demos that aren't always posted to tech blogs (like the bnn interviews). So it's incorrect to say the gizmodo staff has a better understanding of it then the average user here....infact based on their lack of understanding of what the hub is, and trying to it figure out based on a couple of screenshots, I'd say they've never actually played with a dev unit.

As for defending an unreleased os, while I get where you're coming from, one can still have a positive or negative opinion about it prior to release based on what has been shown (and alot of the core functionality has been shown). The problem is, gizmodo's opinion is clearly not based on hands on experience, only leaked screenshots. Even if someone at gizmodo's has played with a device, the authors clearly has not.
    totally agree with u. The author obviously is lacked of BB10 experience. You cannot judge book from it's cover.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Master

go away come another day
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    708 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    Of course some do...what I stated is not fact and only my opinion. I hope it turns out to be an awesome phone and millions buy it. Unfortunately from what little I've seen so far, I just don't believe that to be the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Well you're entitled to your opinion, but your belief seems to be based on aesthetic appeal only. Personally I don't find the iPhone to be aesthically pleasing at all. My 9780 looks sexier....there's no difference between the iPhone or your s3 when you get right down to it. Both are just slabs of glass. But Thanx to marketing, people really like the look of both devices, so why should bb10 be any different?

As for widgets, which widgets do you use? Weather? News perhaps? Some stock updates maybe? To me, active frames accomplish the same task of conveying information. Maybe theyre not interactive like a widget, but you can't use a widget to launch into a full weather or news app either. So it's a trade off, and I think most people will be okay with it. For those like yourself that prefer widgets, DROID will probably be the os of choice, and that's bound to happen. Plenty of people use ios despite the lack of widgets, and it hasn't hurt them yet.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts

Default Gizmodo bashes BB10 again

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post

The Hub is disabled in dev alpha units, so that's a pretty moot point. In fact, pretty much everything in the "article" is not available on the alpha devices and only on pre-release Londons.
    Go get some apps!
    DocuShortcut - Free homescreen shortcuts(Built For BlackBerry)
    Symptom Journal - Track medical symptoms and causes (Built For BlackBerry)
    SkinEd for Minecraft - Create and share Minecraft skins
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    Not sure what he said that's untrue. The shadows behind the icons do look horrendous and take up more screen space than they need to. The OS is boring looking...like iPhone boring. He didn't even get in to the hardware side of things which is even worse. A nice inch gap on top and bottom is ridiculous. BB needs to give up on the hardware front and concentrate solely on the OS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Another hater!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedBarry View Post

A foolish hater has risen!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,843 Global Posts

Gizmodo......?

Gizmodo bashes BB10 again-bakibg.png
    Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS

BlackBerry Experience: BB Curve 8330 >> BB Bold 9000 >> BB Curve 3G 9300 >> BB Bold 9900 >> BB Q10 >> BB Classic (PRE-ORDERED)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

what's gizmodo
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ibpluto View Post
    ..... perhaps Gizmondo should rethink their position, or face looking like complete fools, and loose credibility
    Too little, too late for that.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

doesnt matter whether it's biased or not. let the sales do the talking. i dont get why people get worked up over such things

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

"This is a pretty ****ty article. The points about the icons, seriously, who gives a ****? Can you read the icon and know what it is? You can. Okay, what next?

The hub, really, you can't understand what is going on? The hub is a unified inbox. You want to see everything, go to the hub. Want to see only facebook messages, use the menu on the left to filter it.

O
    M
    G

The microphone button is square. Surely a sign of a filthy rotten piece of **** that should never see the light of day.

Just admit it already. You want Blackberry dead so this mobile OS war can hurry up and be filtered down to one dominant platform. Why don't you actually give this one a chance as it may actually be better than that iOS garbage everyone swears by." Comment on gizmodo by Karl Hungus

^^^^THE BEST COMMENT ON GIZMODOCRAP.^^^^
    Thanked by 3:
    bigbmc26 (12-20-2012),  Plazmic Flame (12-19-2012),  study_lady (12-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by antiRIM View Post
    The microphone button is square. Surely a sign of a filthy rotten piece of **** that should never see the light of day.
    MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

I don't know what we're yelling about!
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,373 Global Posts
    PIN
    some phones have them, and some phones don't...

Default Re: Gizmodo bashes BB10 again

Over all, I'd say it looks about 1,000,000x better than the ancient looking OS7. Which wasn't much of a change from OS6 The icon argument is kinda funny. If RIM has any sense, they'll allow the user to change icons the way android does, independent of the theme that's currently being used. I don't even remember what the stock icons look like on my S2 Skyrocket LOL. Just being able to change icons at will, gives your phone a fresh look and helps kill the boredom of having the same device for more than a year. One thing I don't miss AT ALL about owning a BB.... the nearly frantic search for themes. And buying every new theme that comes out, only to forget about them when you buy another one next week. When you can customize your own phone yourself FOR FREE, you realize how much themes (especially paid themes) SUCK. Personally, I'd never own another BB, but I hope BB10 turns out to be a device that BB fans enjoy using

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Since it is obviously inconceivable that all religions are right, there is only one possible explanation.... that they are all WRONG
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

i wouldn't call this an article, just a hating piece of trash spitting full of nonsense. "We'll see our faces slapped and our mouth shut when RIM shows us when BB10 is officially launch on January 30 in NYC."
    Btw, is this guy really a writer ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    They can't tell "what's going on" by glancing at the hub? How easily confused is gizmodo?
    bunch of ******* over there.
    Pearl 8130 -> Storm 9500 -> Tour -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9800 -> Curve 3G -> Bold 9900 PlayBook (2.1.0.1032) -> Z10 and Q10. I need help.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

"the prototypical BlackBerry user needs something easy to use."

lmao
    CrackBerry User

I like it the screenshots of BB10 they had up. It's new, it's different, the pulldown screen looks different from the pulldowns of other OSes. I might not switch from iOS but, really, this isn't bad at all and it's a good alternative to people looking for a change.
    CrackBerry User

Personally, I don't like the BB10 icons. I feel they could've done better as I find even the old OS7 icons somewhat better-looking than these ones.

But then, these are things you get used to with continued use. The OS, however, is what I am excited about... pity I have to wait longer for the N-series phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jwn66 View Post
    "the prototypical BlackBerry user needs something easy to use."

lmao
    Technically this *is* true. I certainly don't need something difficult or awkward to use!

More to the point, however, is that I need something to exist in order to use it and since I am up for renewal, I will probably be migrating to an S3. I can't wait until Jan 30 just to find out a phone won't be available until mid march. I might have waited if RIM was willing to throw out credits to existing customers or anything really.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts

I'm having troubles here. One day I read that the BB10 OS is going to be to complicated and the learning curve to use it to steep, then the next its to boring. What the ****? Which one? a super computer or a speak and spell?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast