Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 52
Like Tree46Likes
  1. arfin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    168 Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Have you used the Z10?
  2. Wiki Cydia's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,263 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    I have advocated BB to just go with Android OS for the longest time ever... But crackberry ppl always made a fool of me
    Really. By the way, I noticed in another thread you wrote this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    I dont have faith in Americans anymore..
    So we're clear, you don't have faith in Americans, yet you think BlackBerry should adopt the OS developed by an American company? I'm sure I missed something somewhere, because I can't make any sense out of your conflicting positions.
  3. RECOOL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,539 Posts
    #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aniym View Post
    Under Google ownership (but not management) Motorola has released some pretty compelling phones with the Droid RAZR Max and RAZR HD. They're also supposed to release the supposed Samsung-beating X Phone and X tablet this year.

    Second, to claim that Android is some sort of roadblock to mobile innovation suggests that you reside firmly within the Crackberry reality distortion field. To aim that companies putting out Android phones are lazy and have no direction, in the same paragraph that you claim that QNX, the OS that apparently iterates at once every 2 years, is the superior option, is ridiculous.

    Let me know when QNX supports pressure sensitive Wacom pens for productivity work or when a country's military gives BB a fat contract to develop recon intelligence apps on it.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    This hilarous what am I reading here.

    QNX is 30 years old its probably older than yourself.It does'nt rely on multiple bull**** updates that no one actually knows what was updated.It is a 30 year old OS that is stable something cyborg will never be.Look at the bit about working with military it could if it wanted probably is being used by military but they would'nt put that info out now would they.

    You sounding clueless.Are you delusionally trying to compare cyborg to QNX ?? Its no contest QNX Fawless victory.QNX is in your life everyday its helping run the internet right now.READ THE LINK WELL

    30 Ways QNX Touches Your Life
    We got boats,planes,cars,spaceships,trains,machinery.You still want talk about pens,military and QNX being lazy??

    Having only 2 options will not breath creativity and future innovation its gonna stagnate and lead to poor dependency.I would'nt say cyborg is roadblock in mobile innovation just another player.As for these oems they are lazy its quick dash to the cash on something they dont have to pay for.Sad thing for them google can pull the plug at any given time they are not in control that is just poor being heavily reliant on others.

    Anyway can't believe this guy trying to compare cyborg to QNX.Pens and military I dont think he knew
  4. aniym's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default Re: Get into bed with Google

    Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    This hilarous what am I reading here.

    QNX is 30 years old its probably older than yourself.It does'nt rely on multiple bull**** updates that no one actually knows what was updated.It is a 30 year old OS that is stable something cyborg will never be.Look at the bit about working with military it could if it wanted probably is being used by military but they would'nt put that info out now would they.

    You sounding clueless.Are you delusionally trying to compare cyborg to QNX ?? Its no contest QNX Fawless victory.QNX is in your life everyday its helping run the internet right now.READ THE LINK WELL

    30 Ways QNX Touches Your Life
    We got boats,planes,cars,spaceships,trains,machinery.You still want talk about pens,military and QNX being lazy??

    Having only 2 options will not breath creativity and future innovation its gonna stagnate and lead to poor dependency.I would'nt say cyborg is roadblock in mobile innovation just another player.As for these oems they are lazy its quick dash to the cash on something they dont have to pay for.Sad thing for them google can pull the plug at any given time they are not in control that is just poor being heavily reliant on others.

    Anyway can't believe this guy trying to compare cyborg to QNX.Pens and military I dont think he knew
    The age of the OS has nothing to do with how well it can be commercialized. OEMs have tried to shoehorn desktop Windows into ****ty tablets and UMPCs for years. now MS themselves are trying to do it by creating a shared code base among their tablet, phone and desktop environments and have gotten n almost nowhere. You can't create a popular platforms without a hit product. If you could, QNX wouldn't still be languishing in terms of developer interest, even after being on the Playbook after almost 2 years.
    .

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
  5. mount.zed's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    And they will still continue to do so.
    2013 marks the end of Android.
    Samsung is moving away from Android, WP8 has emerged. BB10 is emerging.

    I think some of the reasons Google and BlackBerry hasn't really partnered up is due to one being interested in knowing everything about you so they can advertise stuff to you (google), while the other is all about security. Notice how Android was never really about security. Even Samsung had to come up with their own security suite (S.A.F.E.) to compete with BlackBerry.

    BlackBerry also seems to be veering away from Google. The default search is set to Bing, not Google. That might not be saying much, but everyone knows that Google search is the best. At least in North America. So there has to be something that is either swaying them away from Google, or towards Microsoft.
    I got a feeling that using Bing as the default was the only way we would ever see Skype
  6. aniym's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default Re: Get into bed with Google

    Quote Originally Posted by mount.zed View Post
    I got a feeling that using Bing as the default was the only way we would ever see Skype
    That and it would be a quick way of getting cash from MS instead of paying cash to Google.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Semi5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigint99 View Post
    BB should stay well away from Google and its data mining activities.
    yet almost every BB10 owner desperately wants the WhatsApp.
  8. kfh227's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,298 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,308 Global Posts
    #33  

    Default

    BBRY answered this. they considered it. If they made an Android based phone, they would just be another manufacturer in a highly generated market. By homebreweing their own device, they have differentiation.
    southlander and cjcampbell like this.
  9. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,186 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,027 Global Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kfh227 View Post
    BBRY answered this. they considered it. If they made an Android based phone, they would just be another manufacturer in a highly generated market. By homebreweing their own device, they have differentiation.
    I was one who suggested Android way back when. In retrospect, I think BBRY was correct to stay the course.
    cjcampbell likes this.
  10. MasterOfBinary's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,501 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,506 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nextlevel88 View Post
    I did research, and I know about their single planned but unannounced Tizen phone

    I also know about their "Odyssey" and "Focus" Windows phones

    I also know about their "Galaxy Nexus", "Galaxy Stellar", "Galaxy Rugby", "Galaxy Stratosphere", "Galaxy Express", "Galaxy Note" series, and "Galaxy S" series Android phones.

    Clearly the Android Galaxy Series isn't working for them....
    Google wants part of their profits. Do you think they'll just sit back and become a minor phone manufacturer now? They definitely have some good things going with their Android devices, but what if Google/Motorola start stepping up their game and decide they want a bigger chunk of the dough? Samsung makes more money from Android than Google right now.

    Sure, their Android phones are doing well. I never said they weren't and I don't believe anyone else did. But sure, if you want to keep believing that Samsung and Google will have the best of relationships forever then go ahead.

    But back on topic, BlackBerry would be wasting all the money they spent on BB10 if they went with Google. They have a great OS now, it just needs lots of polishing and developer commitment. They'll do fine.
    ePeriod Software
    Twitter: @eperiodsoftware
    Metal Trainer - Interval training timer for BB10
  11. gxgs's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    This hilarous what am I reading here.

    QNX is 30 years old its probably older than yourself.It does'nt rely on multiple bull**** updates that no one actually knows what was updated.It is a 30 year old OS that is stable something cyborg will never be.Look at the bit about working with military it could if it wanted probably is being used by military but they would'nt put that info out now would they.

    You sounding clueless.Are you delusionally trying to compare cyborg to QNX ?? Its no contest QNX Fawless victory.QNX is in your life everyday its helping run the internet right now.READ THE LINK WELL

    30 Ways QNX Touches Your Life
    We got boats,planes,cars,spaceships,trains,machinery.You still want talk about pens,military and QNX being lazy??

    Having only 2 options will not breath creativity and future innovation its gonna stagnate and lead to poor dependency.I would'nt say cyborg is roadblock in mobile innovation just another player.As for these oems they are lazy its quick dash to the cash on something they dont have to pay for.Sad thing for them google can pull the plug at any given time they are not in control that is just poor being heavily reliant on others.

    Anyway can't believe this guy trying to compare cyborg to QNX.Pens and military I dont think he knew
    And i can't believe that you are actually assuming that BB10 is pure QNX, or that BB10 has the pure goodness of QNX. You know whats the greatest fiasco and the worst sh*t stain in the QNX name? the blackberry playbook, that lacked a crapton of features even pure QNX had. Why? because RIM failed to put out a product. I could even have bookmark management with QNX, you dont have that with the PB OS, sad really. Claim all you want about QNX, but BB10 and PB OS are the highly ******** version of it.

    A domestic cat can't really get praises because the lion is a badass predator can it? Yep, thats QNX and blackberry.
  12. aniym's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    #37  

    Default Re: Get into bed with Google

    Quote Originally Posted by Semi5 View Post
    yet almost every BB10 owner desperately wants the WhatsApp.
    Whatsapp is developed by an independent company with no affiliation with Google. In fact their app was my most used on my BB 9000 and 9700.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Tre Lawrence's Avatar
    Between Realities

    Posts
    12,186 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,027 Global Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aniym View Post
    Whatsapp is developed by an independent company with no affiliation with Google. In fact their app was my most used on my BB 9000 and 9700.

    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    I think he was referring to the security issues swirling around Whatsapp.
  14. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,382 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,384 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #39  

    Default Re: Get into bed with Google

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    Well at least we'll get google maps and whatsapp! Seriously, consumers like me could care less about security
    and there's your answer. consumers are not blackberrys core customer. enterprises and governments are.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
  15. greatwiseone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,799 Posts
    #40  

    Default

    The reason why they went with the Android App Player is precisely that issue. The consumers will get what they want (apps) while BB can maintain the security on its OS (Android apps not being able to access enterprise partition, limited access to native API's, etc.). Ideally, Google would put a version of Google maps onto BB10, but the way Google is now....it's unlikely.
  16. #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecaps View Post
    I have advocated BB to just go with Android OS for the longest time ever... But crackberry ppl always made a fool of me
    for good reason.... BB10 OS is amazing .. better than anything android ...
  17. nextlevel88's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfBinary View Post
    Sure, their Android phones are doing well. I never said they weren't and I don't believe anyone else did. But sure, if you want to keep believing that Samsung and Google will have the best of relationships forever then go ahead.
    Uh, I believe the response I gave was in reply to a post that said, "2013 will be the end of Android" and that "Samsung is moving away from Android" when the reality is that one of the best selling Android phones out there is about to launch its latest iteration in the year 2013 and is made by Samsung. That statement was insane, and even the most blinded fanboy knows it. Will Android fall? It's possible; after all, market leaders have fallen in less competitive markets (ie BlackBerry, circa 2008). But if you think that's gonna happen in 2013 and that Samsung is going to fast-track the abandonment of the Galaxy line and Android in favor of Tizen based on one phone that may launch in 2013, gimme a break.
  18. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,512 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,524 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #43  

    Default

    Guys I think we may be competition...

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    I'd this the new 5000?

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10


    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  19. greatwiseone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,799 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Android's here to stay because it's FREE and companies will just make use of it without making it an optimal experience. Without any of the Google services and apps, the core BB10 architecture is >>> Android. The only reason why Android's popular is the cost of the device. Yes, BB has high subscriber numbers because they sold low cost curves all around the world, but it's time BB gets back some of the premium customers.
  20. Requiems's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    42 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    Sounds like a good way to get a virus.

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10

    You mean STD?
  21. katiepea's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,408 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,410 Global Posts
    #46  

    Default

    i'm not quite sure i understand, the galaxy s3 alone outsells the iphone.

    that being said, ubuntu phones look like they have potential to overtake android eventually. that's true open source there, and they will likely be even cheaper.



    it's fun times in the mobile industry now, and i don't see a reason to really take sides. saying things like "bb10 os is so much better than anything android is just pure silly. you're entitled to an opinion sure, i just don't see the reason to take sides. i'm going to get a z10, despite the fact i'll be losing a lot of stuff from day to day usage coming from android. maybe i'll keep the z10 maybe i won't. what's the point of brand loyalty? nobody does everything right all the time, and companies make cool new stuff monthly. limiting yourself to one product is mind boggling to me. i'm thinking the z10 will likely be ok to use from day to day, but i could easily see myself getting a phone to put ubuntu on pretty soon afterwards. it's also a gesture based ui, and will have extreme customization ability.
  22. nextlevel88's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    it's fun times in the mobile industry now, and i don't see a reason to really take sides. saying things like "bb10 os is so much better than anything android is just pure silly. you're entitled to an opinion sure, i just don't see the reason to take sides. i'm going to get a z10, despite the fact i'll be losing a lot of stuff from day to day usage coming from android. maybe i'll keep the z10 maybe i won't. what's the point of brand loyalty? nobody does everything right all the time, and companies make cool new stuff monthly. limiting yourself to one product is mind boggling to me. i'm thinking the z10 will likely be ok to use from day to day, but i could easily see myself getting a phone to put ubuntu on pretty soon afterwards. it's also a gesture based ui, and will have extreme customization ability.
    Lots of truth in this paragraph. The thing is, nobody should be writing the eulogies for any of these companies just yet, including BlackBerry (as grim as it has been) and especially not Android and Google. Even if Google is making some questionable decisions at this time (and I'm not even conceding that they are), they are very strong right now. BlackBerry had their market share decimated years ago and they're still here. This is a very young industry. There are millions of potential customers that don't even own smartphones yet. It's difficult to predict just how big it will get, or how many brands the market will support. It's way too early to be selling anyone short at this point.
  23. tharrison4815's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    374 Posts
    Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwiseone View Post
    the core BB10 architecture is >>> Android.
    What do you mean by this?


    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  24. SK122387's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,502 Posts
    PIN
    2BD01FD1
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tharrison4815 View Post
    What do you mean by this?


    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    It's the greater than/less than sign from math......... 2>1 ...two is greater than one. So, in this case, BB10 architecture is wayyyy greater than Android (hence the multiple ">"signs).
    Sean

    Twitter: @SeanKelleher
  25. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #50  

    Default Re: Get into bed with Google

    Quote Originally Posted by katiepea View Post
    i'm not quite sure i understand, the galaxy s3 alone outsells the iphone.

    that being said, ubuntu phones look like they have potential to overtake android eventually. that's true open source there, and they will likely be even cheaper.



    it's fun times in the mobile industry now, and i don't see a reason to really take sides. saying things like "bb10 os is so much better than anything android is just pure silly. you're entitled to an opinion sure, i just don't see the reason to take sides. i'm going to get a z10, despite the fact i'll be losing a lot of stuff from day to day usage coming from android. maybe i'll keep the z10 maybe i won't. what's the point of brand loyalty? nobody does everything right all the time, and companies make cool new stuff monthly. limiting yourself to one product is mind boggling to me. i'm thinking the z10 will likely be ok to use from day to day, but i could easily see myself getting a phone to put ubuntu on pretty soon afterwards. it's also a gesture based ui, and will have extreme customization ability.
    Ubuntu phone is going to have more trouble getting apps than anyone. They've been a minor niche os for years and have never been able to get beyond that. If blackberry and MS struggle this hard to get developers, what chance does ubuntu have?
    Android is moving so fast I already have an ubuntu swipe style sidebar on my android phone, and there's tons of stuff you can put on the notification panel now too.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Quick Search with Google gets Archived??
    By Belci in forum Storm 3rd Party Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
  2. Still can't get keyboard to go away with Google Maps!!
    By gavin77 in forum Storm 3rd Party Apps
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 10:47 PM
  3. Only get one way syncing with Google Sync
    By mexiken in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
  4. Got a new 8900 with data plan but cant get into Facebook
    By aznhomieboi1689 in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 07:42 PM
  5. Got a new 8900 with data plan but cant get into Facebook
    By aznhomieboi1689 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions