Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Forget Bring Your Own Device - Try Corporate Owned, Personally Enabled

I came across this news on Flipboard and I think that if this is the new trend, BB can be well positioned to take advantage of COPE, that stands for Corporate Owner Personally Enable. I included the link for you guys to read and comment.

Forget Bring Your Own Device - Try Corporate Owned, Personally Enabled
    http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterpri...ly-enabled.php
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Forget Bring Your Own Device - Try Corporate Owned, Personally Enabled

Its the same thing, just the owner is switched.

Both are pointless and inefficient, and im sure this article came up because the same clowns that coined BYOD are now realizing the costs and trying push this new scam.

BYOD+COPE=BCOD Bring Corporate Owned Device

Just use the dang blackberry lol!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

Default Re: Forget Bring Your Own Device - Try Corporate Owned, Personally Enabled

Well with the fact BB10 can separate corporate and personal it will be a winner. IT can lock all the stuff down and the user can play his games with the confidence of the 2 being completely separate instances. I guess that is another advantage of Qnx multitasking.

Global Posts
    9,878 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Default Re: Forget Bring Your Own Device - Try Corporate Owned, Personally Enabled

BES10 is a new concept. Enterprise will be ... as simple as ... "DR" = Device Ready.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares
    CrackBerry Abuser

Additionally, I wonder to what extent a device could recognize corporate vs. personal use - like if a company would be able to gauge that sort of data to the point where it could subsidize a device plan so that it would be perfectly suitable for an employees role within the company while allowing employees to add to plans on their own dime (subsidizing the cost of the device/service).
    eg. a company will pay for 1 gigabyte of data, and voice to all corporate contacts + additional minutes to be used at the employees discretion...
    might be far fetched, but just a thought.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

Well... I guess it's hard to tell because nobody really knows how they are separating the two. Is it like 2 os's running together at the same time in the qnx kernel? If this is the case then I'm pretty sure they could easily tell what is going through on the corporate side. RIM said that IT can't see or lock anything down on the personal side. Just corporate side. And there is no way for the two to cross.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to gauge corporate usage vs personal when the bill comes in... I wouldn't be surprised if the carrier could allow for only the corporate side to work and you would have to pay for your own data plan and such for the personal side.
    Banned

I personally do not think that it will gain that much of a traction, unless for companies that are more than willing to buy high-end-specced devices such as iPhone5, Samsung Galaxy S3, etc, in markets where generally a brand new high end smartphone can cost up to nearly, more, or double the monthly wage of an average worker.

BYOD works well in America because of the subsidized phone costs with operating costs (phone calls, sms, text) that are mainly subsidized by employers. Outside of USA in countries where companies maintain "our device, our plan, you just sneak in programs", then, yes. COPE would work.