Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    My biggest worry is john and jane doe walking by the bb10 phones, they pick it up to try, have no idea of how to get out of an app (dont know gestures) and set it down. Then move on to the samsung section.
    I understand your concern but I'm not too worried. When it comes to first time buyers, just about every smart phone is a bewildering experience until they really sit down and go through it. Case-in-point, one of my relatives bought an iPhone5 this weekend and I spent 2 hours over the phone (ironically a LAN line) teaching them the basics. If it is a previous smartphone owner, I don't see them having a problem . My bet is that they will be intrigued by the new user experience.

My biggest worry is john and jane doe walking by the bb10 phones, they pick it up to try, have no idea of how to get out of an app (dont know gestures) and set it down. Then move on to the samsung section.
    I think that would be something to worry about if the sales person doesn't know how to use the device. In this case they will just say not sure how it works try this one instead.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: [Forbes] Is The RIM Renaissance Here With BlackBerry 10?

Quote Originally Posted by middbrew View Post
    I think that would be something to worry about if the sales person doesn't know how to use the device. In this case they will just say not sure how it works try this one instead.
    That's why RIM forms the blackberry advocates. The advocates is a blackberry user that gets updating training from RIM about how to maximize the blackberry handset and spread the words to the community around him/her.

And we can find the advocate soon among us.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    There are more games than productivity applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook and this tablet was touted as a professional-grade tablet.
    What's the count of apps vs. games? Assume you are keeping track at detail? :-)

Seriously though, games are the most popular and common category on any platform. You could say the same thing about the regular BlackBerry too if you look at App World. Games were more numerous than apps.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

That's really up to RIM to solve by explaining how the guestures work. I have seen a few people not get the guestures on PlayBook either. Then five seconds later, they're flipping through the thing like no one's business. It really isn't hard to figure out. My non-technical mother had about as much trouble with the home button on her iPod honestly.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    $600 here. and I'm 11 months in.
    Fortunately, my current contract expires March 2013. That will allow a sufficient level of reviews and user reports of BB10 and the new hardware for me to make an informed decision on whether to continue on with Blackberry or jump ship.

Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    That's why RIM forms the blackberry advocates. The advocates is a blackberry user that gets updating training from RIM about how to maximize the blackberry handset and spread the words to the community around him/her.

And we can find the advocate soon among us.
    That's true, but I don't see very many salespeople at some of the retail stores that are all the familiar with a BB. I'm thinking Samsung and Apple are pushing their procucts to the carriers better. Something I would like to see RIM do. Might give the customers a better idea of what is really out there.
    I'm Rambling in Rehab and Be 5000
    Need help? Just ask.
    Want to know how to do stuff here on the forums? Try the Forum Help Videos & Guides sections.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

i dont understand why people say this all the time. i have NEVER seen a playbook display that did not have giant arrows outlining the swipe gestures. What makes you think Rim will allow thier in store models to be just glass slabs with no instruction provided? When has this ever happened, for any tech device? Does it even make a tiny bit of sense from a marketing perspective?

Your biggest worry is just that, your worry. Stop worrying so much.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    i dont understand why people say this all the time. i have NEVER seen a playbook display that did not have giant arrows outlining the swipe gestures. What makes you think Rim will allow thier in store models to be just glass slabs with no instruction provided? When has this ever happened, for any tech device? Does it even make a tiny bit of sense from a marketing perspective?

Your biggest worry is just that, your worry. Stop worrying so much.
    Actually if you were to go into the Best Buy store here in Fort Worth uhh you will be quite disgusted that they Do Not turn on the PlayBook to showcase any instructions or demos. Every time I go over there, it's Not lit up.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Good point. TBH, I found my first Blackberry to be really counter-intuitive...until I learned how to use it over the first couple of weeks, and then the flow became quite comfortable. I was willing to give it a try in spite of my early frustration, but you're right that most people will not wait. Even a few minutes to learn the gestures.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12