Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Forbes] Is The RIM Renaissance Here With BlackBerry 10?

Is The RIM Renaissance Here With BlackBerry 10? - Forbes

A very positive article referencing another good endorsement:
    "BB10 is by some distance the most brutally efficient multitouch interface I have used so far"

I hope RIM is collecting these in their marketing efforts.
    Thanked by 10:
    bluetroll (11-25-2012),  Bobcat665 (11-27-2012),  Cesare21 (11-26-2012),  DuexNoir (11-26-2012),  Geeoff (11-27-2012),  johnny_larue (12-02-2012),  jordandrews90 (11-25-2012),  kbz1960 (11-26-2012),  mrzeolite (11-27-2012),  toneytone (11-25-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

For a moment I thought BlackBerry 10 was making an appearance at a Renaissance festival and maybe even striking up a tune.

CrackBerry Abuser

I love that this is now hitting the mainstream media, not just tech blogs. First The Register in UK, and now Forbes. The negative spiral of media opinions is reversing in a big way, and the upswing will be just as dramatic, with more journalists jumping onto the bandwagon each day. It's going to be a very exciting year.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Meh, not much of an article. Just a couple of quotes from other articles.
    Knightcrawler likes this.

Global Posts
    5,869 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I've said it elsewhere: RIM's turnaround is a huge part of the story that they'll use to launch BB10. Most of the media effort has been showing BB10 to the business press, and that's a savvy move, since it gives enterprise decision-makers a little more evidence to support a decision to stay with RIM (and the enterprise HATES to migrate unless it absolutely has to).

If RIM does a reasonable job of holding on to enterprise customers (they still hold 60%+ of that market btw), it almost ensures decent launch numbers for BB10. That then gives them a great "underdog" story for the public at large.

And everyone loves an underdog, right?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VeGiTo View Post
    I love that this is now hitting the mainstream media, not just tech blogs. First The Register in UK, and now Forbes. The negative spiral of media opinions is reversing in a big way, and the upswing will be just as dramatic, with more journalists jumping onto the bandwagon each day. It's going to be a very exciting year.
    TBH, I think you guys give the media too much credit. The media was in love with Windows Phone, WebOS, and the N9. Windows Phone won a number of innovation awards, WebOS was dubbed the "best" OS ever, etc. etc. Regardless of how much praise or criticism the media rains on an OS, most of it will never get to the general public. That and no one can wave their magic wands to get us out of our 2 year commitments.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can always get out of a cell contract
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: [Forbes] Is The RIM Renaissance Here With BlackBerry 10?

Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    You can always get out of a cell contract
    400 bucks
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,812 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sentimentGX4 View Post
    TBH, I think you guys give the media too much credit. The media was in love with Windows Phone, WebOS, and the N9. Windows Phone won a number of innovation awards, WebOS was dubbed the "best" OS ever, etc. etc. Regardless of how much praise or criticism the media rains on an OS, most of it will never get to the general public. That and no one can wave their magic wands to get us out of our 2 year commitments.
    I can't say one way or the other as to media coverage of the previous OS's due to I wasn't paying attention nor was it heavily reported on outside of the tech world (I assume). I think the difference here is BlackBerry is getting prime time news coverage in both paper and television. This is hitting the general public and is having an impact.
    Thanked by:
    VeGiTo (11-25-2012) 
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VeGiTo View Post
    And Research In Motion has one final opportunity with the launch of BlackBerry OS 10 in late January to prove it is worthy of any support. The media will eviscerate the BlackBerry brand and the company behind it if anything less than perfection is released in 2013. If it turns out to be just another hand-held gaming console the professional BlackBerry users will grind BlackBerry into the dirt. There are more games than productivity applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook and this tablet was touted as a professional-grade tablet. Some of us are successfully using the tablet for professional and other work environments thanks only to a few application developers whom stood up when Research In Motion stumbled, fumbled, and fouled.

By the way, aren't these the same media outlets this community has been bashing as bias when the tide turned against Research In Motion? You remind me of the spectators at the Roman Colosseum.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    By the way, aren't these the same media outlets this community has been bashing as bias when the tide turned against Research In Motion? You remind me of the spectators at the Roman Colosseum.
    The media still is and always will be biased. My point was that this bias is now shifting each day (ever so slightly) towards favoring RIM. As an observer, I think this bodes well for the upcoming launch that RIM's future depends upon. RIM will need to keep pressing on the momentum, no doubt.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    And Research In Motion has one final opportunity with the launch of BlackBerry OS 10 in late January to prove it is worthy of any support. The media will eviscerate the BlackBerry brand and the company behind it if anything less than perfection is released in 2013. If it turns out to be just another hand-held gaming console the professional BlackBerry users will grind BlackBerry into the dirt. There are more games than productivity applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook and this tablet was touted as a professional-grade tablet. Some of us are successfully using the tablet for professional and other work environments thanks only to a few application developers whom stood up when Research In Motion stumbled, fumbled, and fouled.

Makes sense
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

The mainstream media was never in love with WP, perhaps a few tech blogs but not the mainstream media! (im not saying they hated or bashed, just never fell in love!)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,711 Global Posts

The tables are turning, Go RIM!
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calicocat2010 View Post
    The tables are turning, Go RIM!
    Can you elaborate on this?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    The mainstream media was never in love with WP, perhaps a few tech blogs but not the mainstream media! (im not saying they hated or bashed, just never fell in love!)
    Let's swap WP with Playbook, then. Hahaha...

The point is that the media really doesn't have that much of an impact. *shrug*
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    I think it's as simple as basking in some positive articles of late. And yes, the percentage of positive vs negative seems/feels higher than ever before over the last year and a bit. It's refreshing... It feels good... I like it. I'll buy a BB10 L handset.
    Some people like to build things
    Some people like to tear things down
    Be a builder, people will like you more.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,711 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckvoip View Post
    I think it's as simple as basking in some positive articles of late. And yes, the percentage of positive vs negative seems/feels higher than ever before over the last year and a bit. It's refreshing... It feels good... I like it. I'll buy a BB10 L handset.
    Yes, but also the media is starting to change their perception on RIM and the fate of BB10.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

LOL... See article link posted above and then find the last time Forbes posted a positive op ed on rim...
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (11-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper37 View Post
    I agree, the reception was rather tepid for WP. I think the NYTs article a few weeks ago sum it up nicely. Still interesting to see where they go with it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,135 Global Posts

I mostly agree.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K Ink Wink

Regardless of how much praise or criticism the media rains on an OS, most of it will never get to the general public. That and no one can wave their magic wands to get us out of our 2 year commitments.
    Don't we get our share of information from the media itself? The fourth estate is what the people read every morning, on the bus, in the train and such. If such mainstream media post RIM news (whether positive or negative doesn't matter) then the general populace not in touch with tech sites/blogs will believe it. Wasn't it the NYT article that prompted Thor to come out and counter it? Sheesh, such short memory we have these days.

And as for contracts, they are renewed all the time, heck some people will/may buy BB10 off contract while some others do not require a contract (like me). This isn't a two year mandatory cycle that anyone cannot abolish like public office. I haven't even mentioned upgrades. There is a world outside, open your window panes and see.
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

-- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts

400 bucks
    $600 here. and I'm 11 months in.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,373 Global Posts

My biggest worry is john and jane doe walking by the bb10 phones, they pick it up to try, have no idea of how to get out of an app (dont know gestures) and set it down. Then move on to the samsung section.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast