[Forbes] Is The RIM Renaissance Here With BlackBerry 10?
Is The RIM Renaissance Here With BlackBerry 10? - Forbes
A very positive article referencing another good endorsement:
"BB10 is by some distance the most brutally efficient multitouch interface I have used so far"
I hope RIM is collecting these in their marketing efforts.
- 11-25-2012, 11:21 AM #3
I love that this is now hitting the mainstream media, not just tech blogs. First The Register in UK, and now Forbes. The negative spiral of media opinions is reversing in a big way, and the upswing will be just as dramatic, with more journalists jumping onto the bandwagon each day. It's going to be a very exciting year.
- CrackBerry Genius
11-25-2012, 12:49 PM #5
- 3,730 Posts
I've said it elsewhere: RIM's turnaround is a huge part of the story that they'll use to launch BB10. Most of the media effort has been showing BB10 to the business press, and that's a savvy move, since it gives enterprise decision-makers a little more evidence to support a decision to stay with RIM (and the enterprise HATES to migrate unless it absolutely has to).
If RIM does a reasonable job of holding on to enterprise customers (they still hold 60%+ of that market btw), it almost ensures decent launch numbers for BB10. That then gives them a great "underdog" story for the public at large.
And everyone loves an underdog, right?
- 11-25-2012, 01:18 PM #6
- 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM #9
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
11-25-2012, 04:11 PM #10
- 5,000 Posts
By the way, aren't these the same media outlets this community has been bashing as bias when the tide turned against Research In Motion? You remind me of the spectators at the Roman Colosseum.
- 11-25-2012, 04:25 PM #11
- 11-25-2012, 04:49 PM #13Judge most Tech Articles by the comments it received, not by what the author is saying! Gets to the truth every time!
- 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM #17First a Storm 2, then a Torch 9800, now a Z10 and Playbook 16g
"You can only do great things a few times on a few products"--- Tim Cook
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-26-2012, 11:46 AM #23
- 336 Posts
- K Ink Wink
And as for contracts, they are renewed all the time, heck some people will/may buy BB10 off contract while some others do not require a contract (like me). This isn't a two year mandatory cycle that anyone cannot abolish like public office. I haven't even mentioned upgrades. There is a world outside, open your window panes and see.Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?
- 11-26-2012, 12:01 PM #25
My biggest worry is john and jane doe walking by the bb10 phones, they pick it up to try, have no idea of how to get out of an app (dont know gestures) and set it down. Then move on to the samsung section.Phones:
Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 > Bold 9900 >Z10 > Aristo
16GB Playbook> Playbook 32GB + Playbook 16GB > ???
- By 216d8f7f in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 31Last Post: 05-02-2012, 04:52 AM
- By eve6er69 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
- By eve6er69 in forum Service OutagesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
- By MisterMoleyMole in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 12-11-2008, 09:33 AM
- By AirSupply in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 3Last Post: 09-29-2008, 08:36 AM