CHED myself. My still alive!!!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Forbes] BB10 Likely To Fail

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and you shall know

The comments on the article are defending RIM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,568 Global Posts

Has your "BB10 delayed" post disappeared for everyone, or am I just lucky?

Posted a reply and got a thread doesn't exist error.
    Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by JeepBB View Post
    Has your "BB10 delayed" post disappeared for everyone, or am I just lucky?

Posted a reply and got a thread doesn't exist error.
    I had it removed. It got into a he say she say battle. Wasn't worth it in the end. Thanks for trying, though.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,568 Global Posts

Ah OK. Messenger shooting has always been popular here.

FWIW, I wondered over carrier testing issues as a possible cause? Last I read the HW had been released to the carriers for testing and I guess "success" isn't a given or the testing would be a pointless exercise.

NVM, we'll know one way or the other in a couple of months.
    Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)

Global Posts
    5,280 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by lc1412 View Post
    I won't begrudge an analyst's interpretation. I don't think they really see anything the rest of us don't, so it all comes down to how they interpret what they see.

Personally, I don't agree with this note, but at the same time I can't really argue with the facts they base it on, either. What's that Yogi Berra line? Something about prediction being tricky, especially when it comes to the future?
    Toodeurep likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JeepBB View Post
    Ah OK. Messenger shooting has always been popular here.

FWIW, I wondered over carrier testing issues as a possible cause? Last I read the HW had been released to the carriers for testing and I guess "success" isn't a given or the testing would be a pointless exercise.

NVM, we'll know one way or the other in a couple of months.
    Yeah, and they were shooting to kill!!! Lol.
    It does make one wonder about the testing. I would try to find out but I already have enough bullets in me.....
    Banned

Omg how many more fail threads? I'm guessing a few more writers are gonna put in their last of bb10 fail articles before 'it's too late' to say bb10 will fail..
    CrackBerry Addict

Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,339 Global Posts
    PIN
    Director of The Anti-Special Needs Posting Unit,,!!!

Default [Forbes] BB10 Likely To Fail

When did Forbes become anything worth reading. He is wizzing into the wind.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Users\*User Name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml <~ DELETE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe <~ (Right Click) RUN AS ADMINASTRATOR
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Re: [Forbes] BB10 Likely To Fail

Quote Originally Posted by lc1412 View Post
    I had it removed. It got into a he say she say battle. Wasn't worth it in the end. Thanks for trying, though.
    Was credible info lol
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
    It's obvious without a doubt the Sp is being manipulated to stop SP from heading into $13 and higher. Everytime Rim get close to a technical point you have liar analysts and vested interests come out and lie. Last time this happens was when RIM was about to break $8.20 which would signal a move for the SP to head higher. This is what happened. RIM’s BB10 phones probably delayed until March, Jefferies analyst says | Investing | Financial Post . this is the reality today were vested interests will either out right lie or make up stories based on nothing but "we believe" or "we think" .
    CrackBerry Abuser

Easy excuse for profit taking today after a monster run up on the stock. Tomorrow (if not then within a week) a note upgrade will hit the wires form Goldman Sachs that will send the stock back up on the upward path. Good buying opportunity, it's going higher
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by inthemix9 View Post
    Was credible info lol
    I guess credibility is based on a track record. This was my first time getting any type of insider info. The record has to start somewhere......
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
    When did Forbes become anything worth reading. He is wizzing into the wind.
    Forbes is reporting/quoting what someone at Morgan Stanley gave as their opinion, not what they themselves necessarily believe.

Of course, believing Morgan Stanley on this is like believing Countrywide has a hot tip on a subprime mortgage.
    Thanked by:
    dentynefire (11-27-2012) 
    dentynefire likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

we should judge based on when it grts into the hands of the consumers instead of predicting of how it should be. wether it fails or swims what matters the most is the experience of the phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigboybkrises View Post
    we should judge based on when it grts into the hands of the consumers instead of predicting of how it should be. wether it fails or swims what matters the most is the experience of the phone.
    You misunderstand how the market works. Forbes/Morgan Stanley sell financial products/advice/information. They are not interested in phones. They are interested in making money. Fortunately your Playbook or BlackBerry is NOT powered by advisors. BB10 is what it is. The value of RIMM stock has no impact on whether the OS is successful.
    / device agnosticism or bust!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Lion View Post
    Forbes is reporting/quoting what someone at Morgan Stanley gave as their opinion, not what they themselves necessarily believe.

Of course, believing Morgan Stanley on this is like believing Countrywide has a hot tip on a subprime mortgage.
    Yeah cause borrowing $100 is when your a little low on cash, borrowing $100 000 000 000 to stay in business because no one believes you anymore...priceless!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    5,777 Global Posts

sick of Forbes, been putting down Blackberry forever, swear they are on the apple payroll.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,013 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    sick of Forbes, been putting down Blackberry forever, swear they are on the apple payroll.
    That journalist is very much an Apple fanboy - right down to the smarmy photo.

Every time I hear an analyst say, "our checks indicate ...", I'd love to ask them more about their 'methodology' for conducting checks. Have you ever noticed that few of them actually say what they do to 'check' with developers or stores?
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (11-29-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

As others have mentioned, I can't help but think there is an attempt at manipulation with the share price by some of these brokerages. The stock price has been trending higher over the past 6 weeks or so, but appreciation really took off in the past couple weeks, after a RIM media blitz, and subsequent analyst outlook revision to the upside. Stocks never go straight up, and a retreat was definitely in the cards, but in the past 2 days, there has been a return to the negative pile on occurring, almost as if response to the positive outlooks in the past couple weeks.

I think some of these outfits were caught off guard with the sudden rise and wanted to take it back down, possibly to cover some shorts. The RIM story right now is extremely speculative, so the share price is more sensitive to new analysis, either to upside or downside.

Not sure how much this is actually happening, but my conspiracy theorist side of me can't help it.
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Addict

Just laugh when I read the comments, hehehe.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,316 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreetruth View Post
    It's obvious without a doubt the Sp is being manipulated to stop SP from heading into $13 and higher.
    That's gotta be the lamest conspiracy theory EVER!

Can you imagine the chat over drinks at Illuminati HQ?

"So, how was everyone's week?"v
    "Great! Busy week for us Elders of Zion... But we did manage to get our guy elected president, and transfer another trillion dollars to our offshore accounts!"
    "Good on ya! We also had a week full of wins in the CIA. Knocked off a couple of dictators in Latin America, and the coup preparations in Egypt and Bahrain are going swell!"
    "Man it's good to be the 0.01%! Did you guys hear about the cure for cancer we managed to bury Thursday in Big Pharma? I also got promoted and am in charge of the chemtrail spraying!"
    "What about you Gus? You seem kinda quiet, how is everything at Apple? You guys up to something nefarious?
    "Uhm, yeah! We had one of our plants write a really mean editorial on Reearch In Motion, AND we managed to keep their stock price below 13$!"
    (Everybody)
    "Wahahahahahah!!!"
    Thanked by 2:
    notfanboy (11-28-2012),  vrs626 (12-04-2012) 
    Roo Zilla, vrs626, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedBarry View Post
    That's gotta be the lamest conspiracy theory EVER!
    It is a well known fact that the stock market is manipulated on a daily basis. If you think THAT is a conspiracy theory, you must be the most gullible person on the planet. Look into something as well known as high frequency trading (HFT) and you'll see how "unfair" the markets are today.

Do you really think corporations with billions of dollars in their bank accounts got to where they are by being friendly and fair? What are you putting in your coffee and where can I get it?
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Genius

What a buzz kill these articles are becoming.

I don't know if these writes understand that these articles make it even worse for the market. First off it changes human perspective of a brand, constant negativity like this about an unreleased phone will make people second guess it and move to a more popular brand like the iphone or android. This gives innovation and a push on great products slow to a pace that Apple and Google want to go at rather then push them to develop a more competitive device.
    As consumers we all seek acknowledgment from others based on what we have to be shuned by the media and people around you because of a device you use is something people don't want so they go to the cool stuff.

Its a shame what the world has come to, technology will be the death of personalities and our ability to make our own choices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast