Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cale M
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Family, Friends, and People we meet who are buying the new BB 10

I have not seen this posted yet, so let me tell you my sister, who has never owned a cell phone in her life has gone out and bought a BB10 and no I did not talk her into it. I know of many more family and friends that are going to make the switch or who are very interested in coming back to BB.
    My question is:

How many of us dedicated CB/BB users know of others who are ready to make the switch and why?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Not a one I can find in my entire IT department. Even during a family outing last weekend, I asked the only other tech-oriented person in the group if he'd been following the release. His response?

"No. I know you care about BlackBerry, but I really don't."

Honestly, I was just checking to see if any outsiders were even aware of the rollout. He was a bit of a **** about it, but at least he apparently knew it existed.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Cale M View Post
    Not a one I can find in my entire IT department. Even during a family outing last weekend, I asked the only other tech-oriented person in the group if he'd been following the release. His response?

"No. I know you care about BlackBerry, but I really don't."

Honestly, I was just checking to see if any outsiders were even aware of the rollout. He was a bit of a **** about it, but at least he apparently knew it existed.
    True, at least he knew it existed but the nasty *** attitude is not necessary. It is nice to have one to show around, then they get an understanding at just how cool this phone really is, my sister can not believe just how lightening fast it really is. She works at a hospital in Calgary and of course most people are using the Iphone and as she put it a good number of them are not happy with them and are seriously thinking of giving BB a chance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feelmie View Post
    True, at least he knew it existed but the nasty *** attitude is not necessary. It is nice to have one to show around, then they get an understanding at just how cool this phone really is, my sister can not believe just how lightening fast it really is. She works at a hospital in Calgary and of course most people are using the Iphone and as she put it a good number of them are not happy with them and are seriously thinking of giving BB a chance.
    Maybe we'll start seeing some media presence as the U.S. drop date approaches. So far, though, nobody has even put in the effort to research reasons why they should switch over. I really hope that BlackBerry starts the real campaign soon -- because I've seen zero impact from the multi-million dollar Superbowl placement.
    Tom689 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Cale M View Post
    Maybe we'll start seeing some media presence as the U.S. drop date approaches. So far, though, nobody has even put in the effort to research reasons why they should switch over. I really hope that BlackBerry starts the real campaign soon -- because I've seen zero impact from the multi-million dollar Superbowl placement.
    So true, I think the only thing keeping the hype going in the U.S. are sites like this one at the moment.
    CrackBerry Genius

Lots of people in my family and circle of friends want the Z10 (when their contracts come up for renewal) and some already have the Z10. Those that have it, love it, as do I.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Patrick from Calgary
    ------------------------------
    Z10 STL100-3, OS version 10.2.1.2941
    PB 64 GB, OS version 2.1.0.1917
    CrackBerry Addict

I demoed to 4 people, hopefully they will buy or atleast consider it. Most peple I know want Whasapp, viber which is missing. BB had 2 years to get this figured out..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Can people do state which country they are in? It would be interesting to see the differences. Am in the UK and whilst many people have asked me (courtesy of me plugging my own fb status all the time) about the phone, none had expressed any interest to buy it.

... except for some relatives in Indonesia and long term BB enthusiast or those people who are constantly after the latest phone in the market...

Nevertheless, I will be imposing it upon my family members (Dad the exception - he is still using an old school nokia and wouldn't change it for the world).
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

My friend of a long time saw the phone and immediately ordered it. He has an iPhone 3GS and was waiting for a good phone to switch to. I'm glad he chose the Z10.

A family friend that I just saw today saw the phone and asked me "Is this the new Blackberry. Is it any good?" I proceeded to show her all cool features (Hub, Timeshift, Clock app, etc) and she was really impressed. She just bought an iPhone 5 and does not like it. Her exact words: "I'm just tired of iPhone and I don't even use any of the thousands of apps. I only use my phone for messaging and Facebook.... And I miss BBM.."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakablej View Post
    Can people do state which country they are in?
    Agreed. It would seem that interest ranks higher in countries where the device is actually being promoted and is available. The U.S. is getting neither, and thus I'm having problems finding people who actually care.

I suppose you could argue that the lack of advertising is because of the lack of interest. Why spend money someplace you're not going to sell? Well, except for the ungodly expensive Superbowl spot already mentioned. And the release party, which likely didn't come off cheaply.
    CrackBerry Genius

My uncle is getting his as soon as it's shipped to his Telus dealer, they were sold out. 2 of my friends already have theirs.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Sorry, I forgot to mention where I am from.....Canada....Westcoast..Denman Island to be precise.
    I do have to say I am hearing nothing but good things when I am out and about at the cell phone dealers...This may start off slowly but I would be thinking the momentem will build, but as some people have said over and over, BB must get a few more key apps into their system to really crank up the interest level.