Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    lol a best buy employee told me "BlackBerry went bankrupt" this was about 8 months ago
    Here is the irony of that.

RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED Stock Chart | RIM.TO Interactive Chart - Yahoo! Canada Finance
    Blue is Blackberry. The Red is Best Buy.

[FALSE] C-Spire Manager said RIM filed for Chapter 11-capturesro.png

Oh, and did I mention that on November 22, Blackberry was trading above Best Buy?
    Umedon and Techno-Emigre like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbollman423 View Post
    As an Attorney who regularly practices bankruptcy law I want to go on the record in stating that there is absolutely no benefit in filing for bankruptcy if you have NO DEBT.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    As someone with common sense, I don't see why or how someone would even file for bankruptcy if they have no debt. The very meaning of bankruptcy is that you don't have money to pay back your debt.
    But wait, RIM has no debt!! (At least not yet.....)
    CrackBerry Addict

I just PRAY that RIM is going to invest heavily in advertising that creates cravings in consumers. Then it won't matter if sales people are uninformed. An example is how ads for medications drive sales by consumers demanding them from their doctors. And get some great little You Tube vids out there, RIM. Sales people can show them to consumers on BB devices. I can remember how slowly time crawled by waiting for Christmas when I was a kid, and that is how I feel about BB10. Hurry up!!!
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

reminds me of how the media is all left winged. Uninformed people telling lies as truth
    Thanked by:
    Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes (11-29-2012) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,934 Global Posts

Its strange why Blackberry shoppers get into these kind of conversations with sales people. The same kind or threads were in the Webos forum. Very strange.

Go into the store, and if you must engage a salesperson just say: "Do you have such and such?" No? Walk out. Simple.

Asking a sales person in this time frame if they will get BB10 devices is just looking for a bag of hurt.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

have C-Spire call Nokia, they might as well end any patent disputes, RIM is toast already so fogat about it........and let them call all dooms day artists too so they will shut up too...
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Its strange why Blackberry shoppers get into these kind of conversations with sales people. The same kind or threads were in the Webos forum. Very strange.

Go into the store, and if you must engage a salesperson just say: "Do you have such and such?" No? Walk out. Simple.

Asking a sales person in this time frame if they will get BB10 devices is just looking for a bag of hurt.
    you noticed all the dooms day threads on Crackberry recently? if it is here, you cannot be surprised to find it elsewhere.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sgt50 View Post
    I went into C-Spire to see phones, alot of Iphone devices, NO BB devices, I asked the sales person why no BB, she stated they pulled them, I asked if they were getting the BB10, of course she stated that she did not know, so the manager comes out ad she asks him if they were going to get BB10, he stated that he did not know then stated that they (RIM) had just filed for chapter 11, I asked when, he then stated that they just got an official report, I then told him that the site that I follow (CrackBerry) has not posted anything like that today, and I just was reading about an hour before going into store and read nothing, I then told him that RIM has 2 billion in assests and no debt, why would they file for Chapter 11, no response, so as of today, if C-Spire does carry BB10 I WILL NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM BECAUSE OF UNINFORMED PEOPLE.
    Funny thing is that here in Canada there is no Chapters to the Bankruptcy Act.....
    Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
    Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer
    Thanked by:
    mscooley (11-30-2012) 
    mscooley likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

i have 2,200,000,000 in the bank.. im gonna go file for bankruptcy
    Last edited by playbookster; 11-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Thanked by:
    dbollman423 (03-20-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,270 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

I say sue him. Sue everybody! It was official so he represents the company. Then tell thorstein himself andhe can sue c-spire for damaging the rep of rim. So now rim will be on the suing rampage instead of apple/everyone else... Or you could have just made a bet...
    Thanked by:
    dbollman423 (03-20-2013) 
    Waterloo's Finest

Global Posts
    5,635 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AfroZepher View Post
    Here's hoping RIM can become more visible in the weeks leading up to the BB10 launch. . .because quite frankly the carriers won't do it for em. . .oh and OP do feel free to make a call and have a chat with costumer service and complain about how uninformed the reps are. . . maybe the'll get the facts straight why looking for more suitable work. . .
    They wont become visible up to launch. I posted a thread on here with an article in which thorsten said there will be no big advertising before launch. So we are either going to have a quick release after launch with not much time to advertise inbetween, or we can wait weeks after launch to advertise before release...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

[QUOTE=BB-Bmore;7751969]lol a best buy employee told me "BlackBerry went bankrupt" this was about 8 months ago [/QUOTE

Sadly that's the effect of the negative media campaign launched against RIM near 24 months ago. It's very powerful and corporate sponsored. Yet people still say it doesn't happen.
    Simply put thats our American system at its finest!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask/PM me

Quote Originally Posted by playbookster View Post
    i have 2,200,000,000 in billion in the bank.. im gonna go file for bankruptcy
    Cash dividends declared for all, giving away patents like Christmas presents-- just in time for the holidays
    Nokia 5100 > Nokia 3390 > Motorola T720i > Siemens M55 > Sony Ericsson k700i > Nokia N73 > BB Pearl 8110 > BB 9000 > BB 9700 > BB 9900
    PB 16GB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts

Is this a USA thing?
    In the UK every mobile phone shop still has a little section dedicated to Blackberry phones. They are still making an effort with that old hardware.
    Also PC World still has a little section with A Playbook bridged with a Bold.

Does BB still hold some esteem in the UK but has lost it in the USA?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A1F88E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  

Default I was just told by C-Spire Manager that RIM filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A1F88E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #41  

Default I was just told by C-Spire Manager that RIM filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

i only asked sales lady about BB10 and she gave me a good answer about why the do not have BB devices displayed or if they were gonna carry BB10, she is the one that asked the manager about BB10, and that is when the misinformation started

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by greenberry666 View Post
    Is this a USA thing?
    In the UK every mobile phone shop still has a little section dedicated to Blackberry phones. They are still making an effort with that old hardware.

In the US RIM's reputation is terrible. Everyone expects them to be gone any day now, and companies (lets not even speak of consumers) are looking to move away, or at least have contingency plans in place for if/when RIM goes belly up. RIM is in dire straights in MOST of North America.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,219 Global Posts

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy - first you must actually have debt.

Morons.
    BBMak likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4life View Post
    Here is the irony of that.

RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED Stock Chart | RIM.TO Interactive Chart - Yahoo! Canada Finance
    Blue is Blackberry. The Red is Best Buy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capturesro.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	126700

Oh, and did I mention that on November 22, Blackberry was trading above Best Buy?
    And Pre-Opening up like $1.20 today, so it's nice they know something the markets don't.
    If I'm posting from my laptop ...... it's only because the PlayBook's charging. TheBlackLabEdge.com
    westiewanderer likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts

LOL I had a very similar experience in Verizon a couple of months ago...I went in to buy a bold 9930 in place of my droid razr...and the sales person said he couldnt sell me one. He said He couldnt believe that anyone would want a blackberry over a droid...and "that was just stupid". At that point I got the manager out on the floor...and was promptly told that they didnt have any BB in the store and would have to order it...at which point I smirked and went straight home and Ordered it. A week later...I stood on the curb in front of Verizon and Hawked my Droid Razr for the cash to turn my BB Bold 9930 WHITE. Hahahahahahahahaha Joke is on all the BB haters when BB10 hits the market!!
    ~ Still waters run deep ~
    CrackBerry User

With almost $1Billion in cash / investments and no debt on their last financial statements Bankruptcy is not an option.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by greenberry666 View Post
    Is this a USA thing?

It appears this way, mate, the market share in the UK is also higher when compared to many other markets. I guess UK is one of few countries who likes to get things done. After we get rid of that ridiculous debt of ours. of course...The we gonna do some serious stuff
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgt50 View Post
    I went into C-Spire to see phones, alot of Iphone devices, NO BB devices, I asked the sales person {snip}
    You broke a cardinal rule. When you go into any chain electronics store, you simply do not converse with any staff. You would get more reliable information from a fence post.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboybkrises View Post
    reminds me of how the media is all left winged. Uninformed people telling lies as truth
    So, do you use Reynolds regular or heavy duty aluminum foil to make your headgear?
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    Thanked by:
    Blacklatino (11-29-2012) 
    iBuilder and notfanboy like this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,186 Global Posts

Screw the US. . .if RIM won't put up $$$ to get good marketing done in the US then so be it. . .but I still think they should have been building up hype for BB10 since last month IMHO. . .I just don't understand the strategy here. . .
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sydsam View Post
    It appears this way, mate, the market share in the UK is also higher when compared to many other markets. I guess UK is one of few countries who likes to get things done. After we get rid of that ridiculous debt of ours. of course...The we gonna do some serious stuff
    The market share in the UK dropped from 19% last year to 7.9% this year. Still higher than the EU average though.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast