Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default FaceFlow Video Chat Coming to BlackBerry 10

Being a competitor of Skype, it may put a little fire under Skypeís @ss to get moving. Others are starting to notice!

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2012/1...blackberry-10/

FaceFlow is a cross platform video chat system using both browsers and native mobile apps. The company recently discovered that a lot of BlackBerry PlayBook users have been accessing their service via their tabletís desktop-grade browser and it has prompted the company to develop a native app for BlackBerry 10.

Their native BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook app is scheduled for release at the end of January 2013. I was disappointed that when tablets first hit store shelves that the manufacturers released video chat apps that were limited to their own platforms. Itís nice to see that more and more multi-platform solutions are starting to emerge.

FaceFlow features Instant messaging, video conferencing with more than one user, full screen mode and an easy way to invite people who donít have FaceFlow to your chat with easy to use links.
    Thanked by 6:
    11pts (11-20-2012),  DuexNoir (11-22-2012),  Knightcrawler (11-21-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-21-2012),  toneytone (11-21-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Should note that the site really performs well in the PlayBook browser.
    The Developer should have received the dev alpha and PlayBook today for testing.

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    kozmo68 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

hmm have'nt used it but it sounds really great description wise youtube was not that great enough to give me insight but anyone use it??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

I've actually never heard of it, but I'll give it a try, thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by neteng1000 View Post
    Being a competitor of Skype, it may put a little fire under Skype’s @ss to get moving.
    This addresses cross platform video chat and instant messaging, but Skype also does VOIP. I've needed Skype in both capacities, as a cross platform video chat and as a way to call landlines/mobiles. Both uses were while traveling.

For those of us who use Skype on occasion or frequently, one of the key aspects is the ubiquity of installed users. If there's one video chat program that someone random might have installed, it would be Skype.
    CrackBerry Master

"Coming to Blackberry" is light years away from a sure bet.....
    ...I remember the RIM rep who visited me showing me HULU up and running on his demo Playbook.
    ...We sure don't have Hulu on the Playbook.
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by pythons View Post
    ...I remember the RIM rep who visited me showing me HULU up and running on his demo Playbook.
    I have an email from the individual who owns this startup company confirming that it will be available at launch AND, that even though it works in the PB browser, there will be a PB app after the BB10 app is finished. Also, if you visit their website you will see arrival time, no such thing for the iOS or android which are listed as "Coming Soon".

G
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Hi guys,

Thanks for being interested in FaceFlow and our goals of providing video chat to the upcoming Blackberry 10 devices.

As some know, I'm the founder of FaceFlow and we're currently actively working on having our video chat service available for BB10 by the end of January.

In the coming weeks, I will create a demo video of our application working on on the BB10 device (the dev alpha device).

Again thank you guys for being interested in such video chat program - we are doing our best to make sure FaceFlow will please you.
    Ps.: Our iOS and Android apps for FaceFlow will be released shortly after the launch of our BB10 app - making it a true cross-platform service convenient for you and your friends.

Dany
    Founder - http://www.faceflow.com
    Thanked by 24:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    ad19 (11-20-2012),  aminrajabi (11-20-2012),  atlac (11-22-2012),  BBMak (11-21-2012),  bgriff25 (11-22-2012),  biotechx (11-21-2012),  BoldAlways (11-21-2012),  brian4591 (11-22-2012),  diegonei (11-21-2012),  Dr.Deebs (11-21-2012),  DuexNoir (11-22-2012),  ekafara (11-21-2012),  iThamerBB (11-21-2012),  kemj (11-21-2012),  Knightcrawler (11-21-2012),  metz9444 (11-21-2012),  mzceetee (11-21-2012),  NdBlu14 (11-21-2012),  Qaxl (11-21-2012),  Superfly_FR (11-21-2012),  toneytone (11-21-2012),  wafa510 (11-21-2012),  yunvi (11-21-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Pretty slick, well done.
    CrackBerry Genius

Ooo can't wait! Thanks for bringing it to bb10!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    PIN
    whats that ?

We appreciate you !
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dany Pell View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for being interested in FaceFlow and our goals of providing video chat to the upcoming Blackberry 10 devices.

As some know, I'm the founder of FaceFlow and we're currently actively working on having our video chat service available for BB10 by the end of January.

In the coming weeks, I will create a demo video of our application working on on the BB10 device (the dev alpha device).

Again thank you guys for being interested in such video chat program - we are doing our best to make sure FaceFlow will please you.
    Ps.: Our iOS and Android apps for FaceFlow will be released shortly after the launch of our BB10 app - making it a true cross-platform service convenient for you and your friends.

Dany
    Founder - Free Video Chat - Quick & Simple | FaceFlow
    Quote Originally Posted by neteng1000 View Post
    Being a competitor of Skype, it may put a little fire under Skypeís @ss to get moving. Others are starting to notice!

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2012/1...blackberry-10/

FaceFlow is a cross platform video chat system using both browsers and native mobile apps. The company recently discovered that a lot of BlackBerry PlayBook users have been accessing their service via their tabletís desktop-grade browser and it has prompted the company to develop a native app for BlackBerry 10.

Their native BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook app is scheduled for release at the end of January 2013. I was disappointed that when tablets first hit store shelves that the manufacturers released video chat apps that were limited to their own platforms. Itís nice to see that more and more multi-platform solutions are starting to emerge.

FaceFlow features Instant messaging, video conferencing with more than one user, full screen mode and an easy way to invite people who donít have FaceFlow to your chat with easy to use links.

Skype will go the way of VCR's if they continue the microsoft way. They better wake up or else.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    PIN
    2890D720

I had no idea that this was available. This is definitely good news.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by gokulesh View Post
    I have an email from the individual who owns this startup company confirming that it will be available at launch AND, that even though it works in the PB browser, there will be a PB app after the BB10 app is finished. Also, if you visit their website you will see arrival time, no such thing for the iOS or android which are listed as "Coming Soon".

G
    That works for me!
    ...Thanks for the Good News!

Cross Platform to me means that I would be able to use the App on my Blackberry...
    ...To connect to someone on another Platform ( IOS or Droid ).
    ...Can you confirm that THIS will be available to BB10 users at launch?
    A reluctant iPhone 4s user who would STILL be a Blackberry user had RIM not messed it's own bed by putting a "Fisher Price Camera" in it's "flagship" Blackberry Bold 9930.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

That's great!
    Thanks Dany!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    PIN
    2964D22F

This is great, I believe BB10 will be the most awesome smartphone.
    #BB10Believe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

For those talking about Skype for VOIP, if you are in the U.S., Verizon has had Skype Mobile for Blackberry devices for years now. At least since 2009. Its on my 9550 and I've registered it, but no longer have a reason to use it.

As far as video, this is good news. I personally know of at least 4 instances where RIM lost Playbook sales solely due to lack of any cross platform video chat.

Quote Originally Posted by pythons View Post
    Just look around the PlayBook 's forums. The dev himself came over to tell us hes working on it...

And yes, just scroll up and you'll get an affirmative answer.

As it is now, just using the browser, you can call Android devices with Flash support and iPads running their app.

HULU decided to block the PlayBook's browser. It worked just fine before THEY decided to black it. How is that relevant anyway?
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,863 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

This is just great news and I know I can't be the only one who feels the momentum shifting in Rims favor?

More and more I'm getting very excited for BlackBerry10 it looks amazing and the work rim has been putting in for Developers is starting to show.

Sent from my BlackBerry by choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is great news. This will enable choices for the consumer since the native video chat will also be available in BB10
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2B5A11B6

outstanding app coming your way...
    skype, please step aside from the limelight. ..
    lol..

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    with due diligence
    BBM#8
    for Random Quotes on motivations, health and wealth..
    : subscribe to C001190A9
    CrackBerry User

Do you guys know if RIM going to release a video chat client for windows that can connect to Playbook?
    CrackBerry Abuser

FaceFlow looks good on the Playbook. I think we are finally seeing a viable alternative to Skype. Kudos to the developer!
    CrackBerry Genius

When this pops off and has bbm intergration hope RIM are first on the table to purchase.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow, that is great news, it will make my PB perfect.
    Today is yesterday's pupil ~ Franklin.
    Dany Pell likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast