Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tmurphx5
  • 1 Post By greatwiseone
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The Engadget Interview: Tom Anderson

"At the very least, there's no question here that BlackBerry knows just how important app selection is the future of its company, and as such, has been working overtime to make developers a key focus, with a hundred or so members of its evangelist team".

and See video .....

The Engadget Interview: BlackBerry developer evangelist Tom Anderson (video)
    Thanked by:
    sonbuster (03-10-2013) 
    el_excelsior and sonbuster like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Nice! The tides are turning, soon the discussion won't be solely on apps though but the overall user experience.
    Leading today for tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Well this didn't really tell us anything we didn't know already. . .but nice to see they are still working hard. . .
    CrackBerry User

I felt that he avoided the questions of missing apps in a way that felt like "old" BlackBerry rather than "new" BlackBerry. Thorsten has set a precedent of being forward and candid; I thought Tom wasn't quite playing to that spirit in this interview. There's nothing wrong with admitting that some apps are missing; however, their team is working really hard to get them all on the platform. I think many appreciate that type of raw honesty. That being said, he handled the rest of the interview quite well.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rackeonracke View Post
    I felt that he avoided the questions of missing apps in a way that felt like "old" BlackBerry rather than "new" BlackBerry. Thorsten has set a precedent of being forward and candid; I thought Tom wasn't quite playing to that spirit in this interview. There's nothing wrong with admitting that some apps are missing; however, their team is working really hard to get them all on the platform. I think many appreciate that type of raw honesty. That being said, he handled the rest of the interview quite well.
    The "keeping in mind who we are talking with" line though gave me some hope, so his answer included apps he knew were in the pipeline
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rackeonracke View Post
    He is not allowed to share info on the apps that are coming to the platform unless the app developer allows him too but he did say from apps that are on the platforma and apps that will be coming we have covered all the types of apps that people want.
    CrackBerry Abuser

What I am interested in knowing is that, how is it that when I was playing this video in the browser, it is playing minimized, in the background, as I am typing. This happens to be the first video I've been able to play in the background, BTW...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mathking606 View Post
    He is not allowed to share info on the apps that are coming to the platform unless the app developer allows him too but he did say from apps that are on the platforma and apps that will be coming we have covered all the types of apps that people want.
    To clarify, I meant that when asked about what type of apps were missing his reply was something to the effect of "We have every app that people could want", effectively stating that the app portfolio for BB10 is complete. It's simply not the case at this point (though it is very good for a new platform).
    CrackBerry Genius

Tom's a nice guy and I had a good chat with him at the Vancouver BB10 launch event. Tom really can't say much since companies are bound by non-disclosure agreements. I think dev relations' view is that if one app isn't on the platform (*cough* netflix), then they will have some sort of replacement or something similar. Obviously it's not perfect, but platform's only 1 month old. Hopefully we'll see these BIG apps arrive over the next couple of weeks as we see US launch.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Gotta remember : he said "Bearing in mind what I said I couldn't say ",(paraphrasing) , he intimated that much of what isn't there, would be there. Or a reasonable alternative.
    So, BlackBerry isn't letting up on any front.
    There may be resistance, but it will weaken and crumble.
    We will not be denied.

#BB10BELIEVE

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    27EE1588

OMG the games I'm finding are gems. This experience with the Z10 gets better every single day. Outstanding device with or without apps. But, I'm really psyched on a lot of these new games. They actually make me want to game for long periods of time while I recover from back surgery. Don't need anything else really. I love my ps vita for sure, but not as much as when killzone mercenary comes out in september. Until then, I'm going to be primarily using the Z10 for games.
    -------------------------------------
    why did my signature disappear?
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    27EE1588

It would be amazing to see some kind of unexpected shooter game come to bb10, like a Medal of Honor game, that would be sweet. A remake of allied assault or something.

Autumn Dynasty - SO cool
    -------------------------------------
    why did my signature disappear?